Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Carolina Eats

  1. #1
    Administrator khosk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Simpsonville, SC
    Posts
    7,591

    Default Carolina Eats

    Tailgating and overnight travel is a big part of the football experience. If you want to help out fellow cockytalkers with reviews of restaurants please post them in this thread.

    Title the thread with the Restaurant and post the review.

  2. #2
    Heisman Candidate ColaCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    15,555

    Default Re: Carolina Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by khosk View Post
    Tailgating and overnight travel is a big part of the football experience. If you want to help out fellow cockytalkers with reviews of restaurants please post them in this thread.

    Title the thread with the Restaurant and post the review.
    This is important for this forum to work well I think and not have just a bunch of "best bbq" or "worst restaurant", etc, etc. Big thanks to khosk for getting this going! If possible, a format like this would be cool:

    Restaurant Name
    Location
    Food Taste/Quality: 1-5 rating with 1 being lowest
    Atmosphere: 1-5 rating
    Service: 1-5 rating
    Overall: 1-5 rating
    Price: $ (10 bucks or less), $$ (10-25 bucks), $$$ (25 and more)
    User Review:

    Hopefully, if this format can be stuck to...it will be easier to transfer the reviews over to whatever format khosk comes up with in the future.



  3. #3
    Tailgating Beast Gamecock4lif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Newberry,SC
    Posts
    2,162

    Default Re: Carolina Eats

    ^^ Agree

  4. #4
    Grumpy Old Fart The Yancey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sunshiny Florida
    Posts
    28,774

    Default Re: Carolina Eats

    Nah, that is just too regimented for my tastes. Too much like work instead of play. I'll just choose not to post.

    Quote Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
    This is important for this forum to work well I think and not have just a bunch of "best bbq" or "worst restaurant", etc, etc. Big thanks to khosk for getting this going! If possible, a format like this would be cool:

    Restaurant Name
    Location
    Food Taste/Quality: 1-5 rating with 1 being lowest
    Atmosphere: 1-5 rating
    Service: 1-5 rating
    Overall: 1-5 rating
    Price: $ (10 bucks or less), $$ (10-25 bucks), $$$ (25 and more)
    User Review:

    Hopefully, if this format can be stuck to...it will be easier to transfer the reviews over to whatever format khosk comes up with in the future.

  5. #5
    Go Cocks! ShutTheSuccop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kingsport, TN
    Posts
    15,393

    Default Re: Carolina Eats

    wow, kind of ironic that you posted then isn't it?

  6. #6
    Game MVP Bigbadcock12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Irmo
    Posts
    1,676

    Default Re: Carolina Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
    wow, kind of ironic that you posted then isn't it?
    Watch out now that guy will neg rep you!!!

  7. #7
    Grumpy Old Fart The Yancey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sunshiny Florida
    Posts
    28,774

    Default Re: Carolina Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
    wow, kind of ironic that you posted then isn't it?
    Not at all. I write restaurant reviews for publications and for chain owners. Someone suggests that all posts be in a format that is just waaay too much like work. I would choose not to do that. I stated that such a regimented approach doesn't work for me. You, however, just added dental sadism and offered no input to the poster at all.

    Watch out now that guy will neg rep you!!
    Yep, I neg rep idiotic taterish posts bashing the team, coaches, and players.

  8. #8
    Game MVP Bigbadcock12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Irmo
    Posts
    1,676

    Default Re: Carolina Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
    Not at all. I write restaurant reviews for publications and for chain owners. Someone suggests that all posts be in a format that is just waaay too much like work. I would choose not to do that. I stated that such a regimented approach doesn't work for me. You, however, just added dental sadism and offered no input to the poster at all.



    Yep, I neg rep idiotic taterish posts bashing the team, coaches, and players.
    Yep your handle fits you!! Grumpy old fart!!!

  9. #9
    Heisman Candidate ColaCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    15,555

    Default Re: Carolina Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
    Not at all. I write restaurant reviews for publications and for chain owners. Someone suggests that all posts be in a format that is just waaay too much like work. I would choose not to do that. I stated that such a regimented approach doesn't work for me. You, however, just added dental sadism and offered no input to the poster at all.
    That post was made over a year ago...after I lobbied for this forum to be created and khosk made it happen for us all to enjoy.

    Obviously, something like this is too much work and "too structured" for the folks on CockyTalk...I do agree. It was just just wishful thinking at first so there wouldn't be a bunch of threads with back and forth chatter when someone really just wanted to know if the restaurant was good or not. There was also the intention of making an online directory/application for all the restaurants- so they could be easily searched. Something like what I presented would be essential in a format like that- I would expect you to know that since you claim to have experience in dining reviews.

    However, to make a point- I have wrote many restaurant reviews myself (both commissioned and at my own will) and most have a formal structure to them like I had initially presented.



  10. #10
    Game MVP bryarx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    1,509

    Default Re: Carolina Eats

    This might be the best stickied thread ever

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •