Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What really grinds your gears?

Default What really grinds your gears?

Another post got me thinking...what really grinds your gears? Or in other words, what do other people do that just really get on your nerves or aggravate you that you don't understand?

Here are a few of mine:

- Picky, but SHELTERED, eaters. I have to admit, there are VERY few things I do not eat. I was raised in a Southern home where you ate what was served and you liked it. Now that I am older, I'm glad for that because I appreciate a lot of foods people shy away from. What REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS is when someone doesn't eat something....and they have NEVER tried it before.

Take sushi for example...I can't even begin to count on one finger the amount of people I have convinced into eating sushi and they LOVE it now. When first offered they say "I don't eat sushi, it's gross." Um...ever tried it? They say "No." How the F can you say you don't like something without trying it?

For one, it is proven that our taste buds change throughout our lives so you may not like something now...but a few years later, you could really enjoy it! For me, the only things I do not eat (that I can think of) are rutabegas, beets, grapefruit, and cole slaw. I try them often (especially slaw) to see if I can enjoy them or my tastes have changed...but they aren't for me.

Spicy foods...used to hate them and couldn't understand why someone would want to eat something so hot it makes them feel uncomfortable. Now these days...I love spicy foods.

List of food I find common that "these people" won't eat and probably never tried:
    - asparagus
    - sushi
    - tomatoes
    - brussel sprouts
    - brocolli
    - spinach
    - turnip greens
    - collard greens

- People, especially WOMEN/GIRLS, who have this thing where they kiss their fingers and touch the top of the car ceiling whenever a car rides by with a headlight out. What the F is that about??? My past 2 girlfriends have done this and it makes me want to SCREAM. It is stupid. Stop it.

- People who lose the following items excessively: cell phone, car keys, credit card, and/or wallet. How the hell do you do it? Those things stay with me all day long and at least 2 feet away from me while sleeping. I don't care how wasted I am in the bar- I check my back pocket for my wallet every 30 minutes or so. I don't care what else you lose, but those things should be inventoried by a person often. People who lose their cell phone 4 times a year or leave their credit card at the bar every weekend- what the hell?

What grinds your gears?

Default Re: What really grinds your gears?

People who ride around with their turn blinkers on. I mean are you effing kidding me? How can you not hear that annoying blinker sound?

People at grocery stores who go to the check yourself out lanes and either A: Have a crap load of groceries or B: Don't know WTF they are doing so they take forever holding ppl like me up who have only a few items and wants to get in and out of there in as short of time as possible.

Know it all teachers in college. Get off your high horses and step into the real world.

People in shopping centers or grocery stores that will not politely move out of your way.

Airline workers...why do they have zero patience? They knew what the job was going to be like when they took it!

People who don't use a turning signal EVER

Women who don't know they're unattractive...if you weigh 200 lbs, stay away from clothes that are revealing/scandalous...I don't want to lose my lunch

Inconsiderate people at the gym...if I'm using a bench in the free weights area- don't come and stand with your fat sweaty ass 2 feet in front of my face!

Oh, how about being at a mall or public place where lots of people are walking...and "those idiots" always see someone passing them and will stop RIGHT in front of you to have a conversation instead of getting the F out the way! Dammit that gets on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
    Oh, how about being at a mall or public place where lots of people are walking...and "those idiots" always see someone passing them and will stop RIGHT in front of you to have a conversation instead of getting the F out the way! Dammit that gets on my nerves.
    I don't believe that has ever happened to me. The ones I can't stand are the type of ppl who will sit in an aisle and take up the whole freaking ailse with their fat ass and don't move when you are trying to get around. I hate shopping in general if you cant tell lol.

I also can't stand hitting every single red light on the roads when you are trying to get somewhere. Also people who ride right up your ass when you are going way over the speed limit. To top it all off those same ppl at night who ride up your ass with the bright lights on. OMG!

BTW did you get this title from family guy? lol

Been caught moddin' Spur's Addiction's Avatar

When I try to shift but don't push the clutch all the way in.

- People who lose the following items excessively: cell phone, car keys, credit card, and/or wallet. How the hell do you do it? Those things stay with me all day long and at least 2 feet away from me while sleeping. I don't care how wasted I am in the bar- I check my back pocket for my wallet every 30 minutes or so. I don't care what else you lose, but those things should be inventoried by a person often. People who lose their cell phone 4 times a year or leave their credit card at the bar every weekend- what the hell?

What grinds your gears?
    I gues i really grind your gears. i think im on my 22 cell phone, dont ask me how.

wisconsin girls!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

people that you work with who ALWAYS complain not matter what the reason....if you dont like your damn job, quit and find another one!!! dont make it miserable for everyone else around you...

- People, especially WOMEN/GIRLS, who have this thing where they kiss their fingers and touch the top of the car ceiling whenever a car rides by with a headlight out. What the F is that about??? My past 2 girlfriends have done this and it makes me want to SCREAM. It is stupid. Stop it.

thats funny and would drive me crazy...

I was going to post this. The last time I was in Vegas there were a lot of Asians who were doing this on the strip. At least they were lost or taking pictures mostly.

My other thing is people who high five each other in a movie as terrible as Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

People who drive slow in the left lane.
    People who use cell phones while driving around town. On the Interstate, OK.
    People who continually interrupt me when I'm talking.

Quote Originally Posted by USC62 View Post
    People who continually interrupt me when I'm talking.
    IM going to have to give you some points for that man, that is a good one.

Crushing taters 24/7 Gamecock4L's Avatar

The no blinker really gets to me

Loud talkers on cell phone in restaraunt

People who drive slower than the speed limit

When you are behind someone in line and they wait to get their money out until everything is rung up. I mean how hard is it to at least go ahead and pull your wallet out.

People that let their kids go crazy and can't control them

Stupid people....this equates to the majority of people in the world
    TOUCHDOWN CAROLINA!!

more:

- people, especially women, who wear nothing but shirts with sayings on them. "Best Brunette Ever", "Too Hot Too Care", "I Stole Your Boyfriend", "Princess", "Hottie", etc! Gah it gets on my damn nerves! "There are two types of girls who buy these shirts: 13-year old junior high brats and 29-year old chicks who are too tan and wear way too much lip gloss, trying desperately to look like they are younger than 29. Stop it. It doesn't work, you look stupid and you need to expand your horizons.

- beer snobs. it usually doesn't take place in a bar, but you will get into a conversation about what you beer you like with your buddies...and this new guy in the group or hanging out will talk about how he won't drink Miller Light because it is "basically water" and how he is only interested in the latest seasonal or some off the wall lager that no one cares about. shut up, we are trying to get drunk.

Heisman Candidate Cock Football 05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl82 View Post
    Stupid people....this equates to the majority of people in the world

Agree with ya on that one.

People who write checks at the grocery store(debit card maybe), or people who count out the exact change(specially when searching in the purse is needed)

Heisman Candidate Cock Football 05's Avatar

- beer snobs. it usually doesn't take place in a bar, but you will get into a conversation about what you beer you like with your buddies...and this new guy in the group or hanging out will talk about how he won't drink Miller Light because it is "basically water" and how he is only interested in the latest seasonal or some off the wall lager that no one cares about. shut up, we are trying to get drunk.

happen the other weekend, told him if he is too good for bud light then leave

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecock4L View Post
    People that let their kids go crazy and can't control them
    Oh my gah how did I forget that one. That shit drives me INSANE. I see so many mothers that just let their children run wild...and won't say a damn thing or punish them! You'll be in a restaurant and they will get up and run off...and the parents realizes it 30 seconds later...then tells the kid "don't move." What does the kid do? Get up and run around.

You are in a public place. Restrain your child. Take him to the bathroom and whip that ass and make them cry- this will create a cause and effect memory for them: they get up and run, they get an ass whipping...so don't run.

Last edited by ColaCock; 01-21-2009 at 01:30 PM.

nm
    Last edited by CarolinaGirl82; 01-21-2009 at 12:04 PM.
    TOUCHDOWN CAROLINA!!

Ignorance. I'm noticing more and more ignorance in the world.

Examples:
    The old lady in Wal-Mart that insist on seeing my reciept when I clearly have a cart FULL of groceries that are clearly in a wal-mart bag. I mean, what the heck are you checking for? I just spent well over $100 in food and my reciept is 18 inches long...you can't possible tell if I stole anything anyhow? I know you're just doing your job but I don't get why they do this?

Walking around downtown Charleston and you walk by a smoker. It never fails...they will blow smoke in my face! Dude, i'm just trying to have a nice night out on the town. I'd rather not smell like a pile of turd. Please stop doing this. Just because you're ignorant enough to STILL smoke doesn't mean that I want to smell you're stankness!
    FOREVER TO THEE