CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
spareparts
G&B
b381l
ertman420
robgusc76
usc1
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Ole Miss Projected R (796)
2001 vs Sandstorm (775)
Tennessee hires Donn (752)
Acock reviews the SE (655)
So who was the dude (636)
Sunday college footb (622)
Does anyone have a l (336)
Florida Georgia Line (257)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (233)
Purple drank (203)
SEC Network "Take It
Does anyone have a link t
2001 vs Sandstorm
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones
Name a Gamecock

Old 12-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default FSU Favored by 8.5 Over Auburn?

Anyone else think this is crazy?
Old 12-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
B-G
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly
Default Re: FSU Favored by 8.5 Over Auburn?

No.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
Thenardier
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Yup.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Not, crazy if you think FSU can stop Auburn's offense, which I don't, but some people do. Also, I think too many are giving FSU too much credit for blowing out bad teams and an overrated Clemson and Miami.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #5
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

On one hand, Auburn looks strong enough to compete with most good teams.

On another hand, they won 2 of their last 3 games on a LOT of luck. 2 plays away from Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

Some people feel like its better to be lucky than good...but some people know luck runs out at some point.

With that said, I still think Auburn wins.
ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post

On another hand, they won 2 of their last 3 games on a LOT of luck. 2 plays away from Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

Some people feel like its better to be lucky than good...but some people know luck runs out at some point.

I agree 100%
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:

Luck applies to to every game, on every play and when games ares close it is just more noticeable.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Luck applies to to every game, on every play and when games ares close it is just more noticeable.
Sure. I'm not talking about the luck of a defender slipping so a RB turning the corner can gain a few extra yards for 1st down. Or the luck of a one-handed catch in the last minute of the game to setup a chance at a win with a FG.

I'm talking about back to back games where your back is against the wall and you win by a ball bouncing off a helmet into your hands or returning a short FG 100+ yards for a touchdown. One of those instances only happens a couple times across college football in a season and the other almost NEVER.

That is a different kind of luck.

That's compared to saying on your way to work, "wow, all of the lights have been green and I won't be late like I had though- I sure am lucky"...compared to checking your Powerball ticket one morning and WINNING- then doing it again two nights later!

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #9
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Sure. I'm not talking about the luck of a defender slipping so a RB turning the corner can gain a few extra yards for 1st down. Or the luck of a one-handed catch in the last minute of the game to setup a chance at a win with a FG.

I'm talking about back to back games where your back is against the wall and you win by a ball bouncing off a helmet into your hands or returning a short FG 100+ yards for a touchdown. One of those instances only happens a couple times across college football in a season and the other almost NEVER.

That is a different kind of luck.

That's compared to saying on your way to work, "wow, all of the lights have been green and I won't be late like I had though- I sure am lucky"...compared to checking your Powerball ticket one morning and WINNING- then doing it again two nights later!
Hey when you are in close games you give yourself and chance to make at difference. And there is no way I am writing those two "miracle" plays to luck. UGA blew it, they didn't bat the ball down, they help that luck along. Alabama took a risk, going for a long a field goal when there was a dangerous returner back there an they had a bad mismatch with the lack of speed on the field because of the field goal unit. It's not all luck. It's making a play when the other team messes up and being in the right place at the right time. That was a tough catch Louis had to make, most people would have dropped it, but he was clutch.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:40 AM   #10
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit

Gonna be awful hard for FSU to dislodge Auburn's horseshoe. That team is has some kind of lucky streak going.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

FSU's strength of schedule sucks. They beat Clemson and that's it.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #12
carolina_corpsman
4-Star

Male

carolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervous

Auburns version of the running attack is more potent than ANYTHING FSU has seen this year. They have threats to take it to the house all over the field. What was the best rushing attack FSU played this year? GA tech? I also think Auburn will slow them down a little, on offense, just given that there is ZERO defense in the ACC, a mediocre SEC D shuold be more than they are used to. But, we will just have to wait and see.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #13
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I don't think that's crazy. Florida State is a good football team. Auburn is too, but I think FSU is the most complete team in the country.
treys1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #14
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Hard to predict this one. On one hand you have the most talented offense in the nation featuring one of the best WR corps in recent memory. Then you have Auburn who has played better competition, but gotten by on the skin of their teeth in 2 of their biggest games. I have no idea what will happen other than it will be high scoring.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #15
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I think it will be high scoring on one side. I think FSU is going to put as many points up as they want to. However, I don't think Auburn is going to move the ball like they have recently. Remember, Auburn was somewhat able to slow them down in 2010 in the National Championship game after a month to prepare. FSU has better talent and a better defense than Oregon did that year.
treys1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #16
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I have seen plenty of good games end up in a 10 to 14 pt contest by the end so I don't think 8.5 is any crazy spread.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #17
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

FSU hasn't played a single team this year capable of smacking them in the mouth. Clemson may have been capable, but they laid an egg similar to us against Tennessee. Auburn is going to get to Winston. If he gets jittery Auburn wins, if not, FSU wins big.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #18
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 98700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Auburn's defense is very suspect. They probably have to score 40 or 50 to win. But as they showed last week, they can do it.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #19
Thenardier
Starter

Male

Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

The game is going to be won in the trenches, the past 7 years have shown that the SEC is best at doing that.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #20
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

No.

Both have very good offenses. FSU's defense is a lot better though.

The knock against FSU is they've played a weak schedule, which is true, but you have to look past that. They have been flat out dominant. In their one game against a fairly good team they went on the road and slapped around Clemson like a red headed step child.

However, in the one game they have looked vulnerable, albeit in a 14 point win, was against Boston College and their running game. Now they will face the best rushing attack in the nation, one that ran through Missouri's defense like shit through a goose. They are going to give FSU's defense all they can handle but conversely I see FSU having little trouble against Auburn's suspect defense. In the end with the better defense of FSU you have to give them the edge and see why they are understandably 8.5 favorites.
  • 2013 Outback Bowl Champions
  • 2014 Capital One Bowl Champions
  • 11 Win Seasons - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 10 Finishes - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 5 Finish - 2013 (#4 USA Today Coaches/#4 AP)
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote