CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
4gamecockfb
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
Acockolypse Now
RGHoskins
bigdog2003
GoldenSpur7
Spurrier_Superior_On
Diamond DeSheilds, U (2803)
how has more ESPN an (1535)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1079)
Gamecock Legacy recr (758)
Clemson's At It Agai (497)
Women's bb - Deshiel (495)
22 ways to annoy peo (384)
$15 home AC (361)
Hope Springs Eternal (294)
Why sports will alwa (253)
Season Rankings Thread...
Byron the bunny...fear th
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
how has more ESPN anounce
Steak and eggs
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Playstation 4
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Joeckel Transfering from
Victor Hampton Arrested

Old 01-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
KEmmrich
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
KEmmrich has hatched from the shell
Default I can't believe the season is over...

... didn't it just start???

I was one of those that thought this was going to be a very rough season. With all that was lost on the D-line and in LB's, I thought the "D" was going to struggle mightily.

I think this team actually over-achieved by going 11-2. The way some of the games went this could have easily been an 8-4 season. Congrats to the gamecocks and yes, I wish Bruce was coming back. But football is a brutal sport and he has his degree. If you have a chance at the NFL, you gotta take it. Go get 'em, Bruce.

In the wisconsin game we should have run-blitzed the gap LB's every down (ha, ha). I like Whammy, but I think I like gap-control defenses better. I don't think Kelcy helped himself too much in the Wisconsin game, I hope he shows out well in the pro days and interviews.

Next year I hope we go more wide open on offense with a sound running game, too. Maybe next year will be a little more fun and gun. Not too many QB's can do what Shaw does, so we just can't expect his 3rd down miracles to be happening as much next year.
KEmmrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: I can't believe the season is over...

Yep thats how it goes. Here one minute gone the next. A very memorable season, and some of the greats leaving this team. Mainly Clowney and Connor Shaw. Going to miss both of them, and Shaw is indeed a legend around Columbia now. I hope he shows out in the NFL. I think we are stacked for the next few years in talent. The golden age of Gamecock Football has only just begun.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

I feel like this every year. The reality hits me pretty early that football season is too short. Around game three I find myself thinking, "Crap! The season is already 25% gone!"
Old 01-03-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

This season didn't go by as fast as the last couple. 2011 flew by it seemed and 2012. We had two off weeks didn't we? Maybe that seemed to make it longer.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:28 PM   #5
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

I'm already in withdrawal. There's such a long buildup to the fall and all that anticipation, then you get so wrapped up in it during the season that it's like coming off heroin in January (not that I have ever done that, but you get the point). Thank goodness for my DVR which is full of Gamecock football.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:38 AM   #6
1801Green
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous

Don't worry. The Gamecocks are on the hardwood now. It will be a seamless transition.
1801Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

It seems like just yesterday I was stuck in traffic as I made my way thru Olympia to Williams Brice to watch the Gamecocks crush UNC... good times!