CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
l^l^lBGCock
Badazcock
gamecockgal
WeStillOwnUSC
ccured
Regalcock
roosterdude21
Order 66
U-Dub Gamecock
snruter amabon
Can it get any bette (1591)
Boo This Man... (1107)
georgia rewind... (815)
Gameday in Columbia (725)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (653)
Stadium improvement (591)
Doniyah Cliney to si (573)
Where to Watch the G (308)
Why we'll dominate C (262)
Mizzou game late par (212)
Winston
Lammons out
UGA is running over Troy
Full Men's 2014-15 Schedu
Gameday in Columbia
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
Well, as it turns out, we
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Defense Tackles
2016 - Collin Hill

Old 01-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Clowney Thank You Letter

SIAP...

Quote:
To all of my Family at the University of South Carolina, Fans, Coaches, Media, and above all my Teammates,

I want to thank all of you for the love and support that you have shown me in my years at the University of South Carolina. I have been blessed to have attended the University of South Carolina, and I will forever be a Gamecock.
Full letter here..

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/01/0...of-thanks.html
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
Daniel Plainview
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Daniel Plainview has feathers coming inDaniel Plainview has feathers coming inDaniel Plainview has feathers coming in
Default Re: Clowney Thank You Letter

Awesome. Best of luck to #7 at the next level.
Daniel Plainview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
Daniel Plainview
Walk On

Male

Daniel Plainview has feathers coming inDaniel Plainview has feathers coming inDaniel Plainview has feathers coming in

OP, are you a fan of the four from Vermont?
Old 01-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #4
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Plainview View Post
OP, are you a fan of the four from Vermont?
Yes
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #5
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

What a class-act!
Best wishes to JD Clowney for the very best of luck, health, love, joy, and success in all his future undertakings.
I'll continue to root for #7 in the NFL regardless of which team selects him.

Go Clowney, Go Cocks!!!
CockOla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #6
Daniel Plainview
Walk On

Male

Cheers. My 1st show was 94 at Township, although I live far away from Columbia now. Good to see another phan around these parts.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #7
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 588
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

I still remember where I was, watching on 2/14 when he announced for the Gamecocks. SO hard to believe that his time here is over!!

Now, looking forward to watching him for a long time in the League!
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #8
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Pony View Post
I still remember where I was, watching on 2/14 when he announced for the Gamecocks. SO hard to believe that his time here is over!!

I was supposed to be in class but I skipped the beginning portion to watch in the computer lab in the School of Music. Didn't realize we had a quiz that day and I missed it, but my teacher let me make it up later that day. Would have failed it without the study time. Thanks JD!!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #9
sparklecityspur
4-Star

Male

sparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurs

I was watching ESPN and on this thread right here....

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=84288
sparklecityspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #10
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklecityspur View Post
I was watching ESPN and on this thread right here....

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=84288
WOW 543 pages? Is that a record lol
Old 01-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #11
GTjacketcock
Hell of an Engineer

Male

GTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
I was supposed to be in class but I skipped the beginning portion to watch in the computer lab in the School of Music. Didn't realize we had a quiz that day and I missed it, but my teacher let me make it up later that day. Would have failed it without the study time. Thanks JD!!!!
I hadn't skipped or been late to a class my entire freshman year until Clowney's announcement. That Monday morning I had a 10:10 Chemistry class and I skipped the beginning of it to watch the commitment in my dorm with my roommates. Thankfully I was in the Honors Dorm and my class was in Jones so I wasn't too late, but everyone in the class was barely paying attention to the professor because we were all so excited. I can't believe he's already declaring for the draft when it seems like just last week I was watching him commit.

My sign from Gameday at the Horseshoe
GTjacketcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #12
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Pony View Post

I remember too. I was in the business building's computer lab on the bottom floor doing some work or something before class... and eagerly awaiting JD's announcement.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:30 PM   #13
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Just went back and re-read some of that thread. Clowney has been working over Clemson for a while.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #14
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

clowney is the first player I can recall that opponents built a specific gameplan around in order to account for his whereabouts. the guy was amazingly disruptive and didn't get an iota of the credit he deserved this year.

he disrupted plays all year. he didn't get the sacks but he surely pressured the heck out of the qbs and forced them into decisions they would not have normally made.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #15
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

We have certainly been blessed with class acts! Thanks to all of them!! Good luck JD!!! I sure hope you are around long enough for the Falcons to snag you!!!
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #16
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Thank you for being a Gamecock ! Now release the beast and start breaking records.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #17
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

We will definitely miss Mr. Clowney. When he committed to USC on Valentines Day, I could not have been happier. Good luck to you and we will love watching you in your next level of football.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #18
atlcocky
Recruit

Female

atlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spurs

Thanks for being a Gamecock, JD! Can't wait to see you play on Sunday. That's proof right there that he picked a good agent. Very media savvy to send that letter.
atlcocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:40 AM   #19
GSC2013
4-Star

Male

GSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talons

He gave USC as much national exposure with 1 hit than all our 11 win seasons combined have. Seriously. Think about it:

A star recruit in California right now. If Clowney didn't have "The Hit", how much would he know about USC? He may have seen USC in the rankings. May have seen one of the bowl games. But to him, we'd be no different than Va Tech or App State. A team he kinda hear of way out East, but, didn't know much else about.

With 1 play, Clowney made EVERY football player in the nation remember South Carolina, and the team's image will forever be marked in people's memory from that play.

Little things like that add up to build a program.
GSC2013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #20
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Nice - thanks for sharing