CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
cockybusiness2
Cockypantherfan
pitchcock
Coulwoodwarlord
kingoftheroost
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
Waldrop doubtful for (1340)
We Have A New KO Guy (1179)
Best position coach (1157)
If we loose to Kensu (1054)
The New Idea That'll (955)
I'm over the loss, b (575)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (361)
So What? (340)
Land For Sale (204)
Ole Miss football pr (203)
Why not Nosovich @ TE?
Thoughts on the basketbal
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
Dylan Thompson looks brok
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
We Have A New KO Guy
If we loose to Kensucky..
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2

Old 01-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material
Default Predicting 2014

vs Texas A&M No Manziel...W
vs East Carolina W
vs Georgia We do not lose at home...W
at Vanderbilt No Franklin...W
vs Missouri @home...W
at Kentucky W
vs Furman W
at Auburn Tough game...L
vs Tennessee Revenge is sweet...W
at Florida UF rebounds next year, close one...W
vs South Alabama W
at Clemson Boyd, Watkins, Bryant, Beasley, Catanzaro et al...gone...W
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Predicting 2014

I read somewhere that Florida has 10 starters returning on Defense? Yikes.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #3
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

It feels pretty awesome looking at our schedule and truly believing we have a chance to win every game. You can break down every game one by one and at the very minimum have a 50/50 shot at winning even sitting here in January. Auburn is coming off a national championship appearance and will have another off-season to perfect Malzahn's offense and I still believe we can pull out a win If we play the assignments right and don't beat ourselves.

Theme of next year should be better than good. Better than good in the off-season, better than good in the classroom, better than good on the practice field and better than good on game-day.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:32 PM   #4
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
It feels pretty awesome looking at our schedule and truly believing we have a chance to win every game. You can break down every game one by one and at the very minimum have a 50/50 shot at winning even sitting here in January. Auburn is coming off a national championship appearance and will have another off-season to perfect Malzahn's offense and I still believe we can pull out a win If we play the assignments right and don't beat ourselves.

Theme of next year should be better than good. Better than good in the off-season, better than good in the classroom, better than good on the practice field and better than good on game-day.

I thought the same thing this year
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #5
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

This will surprise some of you, but I see no reason why not to predict that we win them all. It took me a while to become a Connor guy until perhaps 2-3 games after he took over the job. I was a full on Shaw fan every game over the last two seasons. We were blessed to have him.

I don't think Dylan hasn't had his moment to show us he's ready to be the fulltime guy yet, but I think he's capable. What I AM confident in is our coaches abilities to choose the best guy to run our offense.

That said:

vs Texas A&M No Manziel...W
vs East Carolina W
vs Georgia We do not lose at home...W
at Vanderbilt No Franklin...W
vs Missouri @home...W
at Kentucky W
vs Furman W
at Auburn Tough game...W (PS, I think we'd have beaten them the other night)
vs Tennessee Revenge is sweet...W
at Florida UF rebounds next year, close one...W (still question their offense
vs South Alabama W
at Clemson Boyd, Watkins, Bryant, Beasley, Catanzaro et al...gone...W

Could be our year. Why not?
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #6
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Is it that many? Powell and Easley have already announced they're going pro, and I think Marcus Roberson has too. Purifoy is also a good candidate to go as well.

Maybe I'm wrong.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #7
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

vs Texas A&M - WIN
vs East Carolina - WIN
vs Georgia - LOSS
at Vanderbilt - WIN
vs Missouri - WIN
at Kentucky - WIN
vs Furman - WIN
at Auburn - LOSS
vs Tennessee - WIN
at Florida - LOSS
vs South Alabama - WIN
at Clemson - WIN

9-3 and a trip to the Chick Fil-A Bowl to play Miami
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #8
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Vs Texas A&M: W
East Carolina: W
Georgia: W
At Vanderbilt: W
Vs Missouri: W
At Kentucky: W
Vs Furman: W
At Auburn: L
Vs Tennessee: W
At Florida: W
Vs South Alabama: W
At Clemson: W
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:46 PM   #9
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
vs Texas A&M - WIN
vs East Carolina - WIN
vs Georgia - LOSS
at Vanderbilt - WIN
vs Missouri - WIN
at Kentucky - WIN
vs Furman - WIN
at Auburn - LOSS
vs Tennessee - WIN
at Florida - LOSS
vs South Alabama - WIN
at Clemson - WIN

9-3 and a trip to the Chick Fil-A Bowl to play Miami
I would be happy with this. But it's not gonna happen bc the PEACH bowl is part of the college playoffs now and will be reserved for top 12 teams or so. Very unlikely 9-3 gets u. In that mix.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:05 PM   #10
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

Thompson starts the year against A&M but it is pulled for Mitch who leads us to 11-1 with a loss to Auburn at Jordan-Hare. We win the East, rematch auburn in the SECCG and emerge with a victory and a playoff berth. That would be cool if unlikely
Old 01-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #11
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Tre Mason is a Beast. He ran for over 500 yards in two games against Bama and FSU. Dude will be a Heisman finalist if he stays healthy. I'll say that the only game we lose will be to Allbarn if we are to lose one. This is only due to history. If we have bye week prior to Allbarn, I say we win.
we have an open date and then we have Furman before the Auburn game... gotta like the way that part of the schedule breaks for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Is it that many? Powell and Easley have already announced they're going pro, and I think Marcus Roberson has too. Purifoy is also a good candidate to go as well.

Maybe I'm wrong.
you are correct, i think they'll return 8 at the most, counting Purifoy on the way out... that's the three best out.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #12
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Quote:
How many of them will be able to play by the time we face them?
Old 01-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #13
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Hopefully they return 11 on offense.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #14
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:

I haven't looked at it closely but I remember that 2 of their corners are going pro and Easley is going pro as well. They'll still be very good on defense. The question will be what can the Duke OC do with their offense. They certainly can't be any worse than what they were this year.

My guess:

I think we're a 9-3 team next year with losses to Auburn, a trap game loss to UF, and another loss we wouldn't necessarily expect. This could be UGA or even Mizzou.

Connor was a very good QB to have in the 2nd half this year. Will Dylan make the critical plays late in games or will he throw the costly pick? (which he's more prone than Shaw to do).

9-3 may be enough to get us to the SECCG. I think Mizzou and UGA will have about a 9-3 team. That should be the 3 team race at the top with UT and UF fighting for 4th and 5th.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #15
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Tre Mason is a Beast. He ran for over 500 yards in two games against Bama and FSU. Dude will be a Heisman finalist if he stays healthy. I'll say that the only game we lose will be to Allbarn if we are to lose one. This is only due to history. If we have bye week prior to Allbarn, I say we win.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #16
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

vs Texas A&M-W
vs East Carolina-W
vs Georgia-W
at Vanderbilt-W
vs Missouri-W
at Kentucky-W
vs Furman-W
at Auburn-L
vs Tennessee-W
at Florida-W
vs South Alabama-W
at Clemson-W

I could easily see us losing at least one game through the first 5 weeks. We will more than likely be playing ranked teams in A&M, UGA, and Mizzou (with the possibility of Vandy). The good thing is that A&M, UGA, and Mizzou are at home. I see us losing at Auburn. I think we beat UF due to the fact that we will have 2 weeks to prepare and get healthy.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #17
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

The nicest thing about that schedule is that we don't have 3 road games in a row. As a matter of fact we don't even have back to back road games.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #18
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
The nicest thing about that schedule is that we don't have 3 road games in a row. As a matter of fact we don't even have back to back road games.
It will be nice to not have those back to back road games.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #19
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Probably 10-2 until they show me otherwise.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #20
jwhite0705
Walk On

Male

jwhite0705 has hatched from the shell

Teams that play Auburn every year will learn how to slow them down. We played Malzahn's offense twice now even though it was a little different with Newton. We also have last year's Auburn games against LSU which they lost and Mississippi State which they couldn't move the ball well on.

Spurrier's a smart guy. Auburn isn't a game we should expect to lose. But we won serveral close ones this year that could have gone the other way. Hopefully none of those type games will swing the wrong way next year.
jwhite0705 is offline   Reply With Quote