CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
USC_21
WeStillOwnUSC
JDJones
b381l
kick_ball
gamecockgal
Cockypantherfan
l^l^lBGCock
Master Bedroom
Why the hesitance to (1242)
Should UNC get death (653)
2014 Charleston Clas (653)
BJ Mckie (513)
Getting Back on Trac (384)
Hospitality Area? (356)
Cocky cloth towels (354)
Challenge to or revi (277)
weekend conference P (198)
No Shave November (178)
Could Pharoh Run the O Li
Mullen Pulls QB's Scholar
Big George Statue
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
South Alabama
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING
ESPN's Mike Golic keeps p
2014 Charleston Classic *
2014 Charleston Classic *

Old 01-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Future of SEC East

James Franklin is now officially gone from Vandy and I think they will have a VERY hard time replacing him. Tennessee will effectively own the state in recruiting for the near future. which has basically already transpired. This is a near future that is stocked with some of the best talent the state has ever seen.

Spurrier, while building SC into a great program, is in his final 3-5 years at most. I think it is safe to assume that SC is either at its peak or very near their peak as a program for the foreseeable future. I could see a few more very good seasons for yall, but in no way will the next coach there be able to sustain what he has done. This is obviously my opinion.

Florida is a disaster. While they could be one hire away from a complete quick turnaround, you can at least see a couple more seasons of average teams for them.

UGA fans are back on the fire Richt bandwagon after an 8-5 season. He is refusing to fire Grantham and Bobo and I think is on his final years as well. They will continue to under achieve under him and even if they do replace him are they guaranteed to even stay at the level he's had them?

Kentucky will always suck.

That leaves Missouri, which is a solid program with a good coach, but will never have recruiting advantages that others in the SEC East have. They will pop up every few years when the stars align for them, but overall they won't ever be the top East program, IMO.

That leaves the Vols. The early reports are that the 14 EE's we just enrolled are some of the best talent we've had in years. Also with likelihood of adding a couple more 4 stars down the stretch and a very good beginning of the 2015 class, we look to be turning the Titantic around.

We do have the hardest West draw every year, but y'all add A&M now and LSU and Auburn are always great as well which UF and UGA have to play.

I really think the changing of the guard is in full motion, I see the light at the end of the seemingly endless tunnel. 2014 I think will give you a glimpse into that future of the Vols, but there will likely be a few more bumps in the road. But in 2015, I think you will officially see the changing of the guard and the Vols will be back on top of the SEC East competing for titles again!

Sorry I just had to get that off my chest. Proceed to bash away.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

CockyCash: 200
WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly
Default Re: Future of SEC East

Old 01-11-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
El Cid Ranger
Black Magic Squad

Male

CockyCash: 1172754
El Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE_ARE View Post
Is it bad that I read the OP and then stopped scrolling after watching your video, good post.. Riiigghhttt!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #4
Cockcapn
Walk On

Male

Cockcapn has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE_ARE View Post

Exactly what I was thinking the whole time. Glad that was the first response. Stevey steve has admitted that Carolina will never have the recruiting of other programs. We consistently finish middle of the pack. It isn't everything. ALSO, the color orange is ugly. you ugly orange troll.You lost to andy. ANDD... Who knows how Butch will fare at a real college program.
Cockcapn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #5
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockcapn View Post

Exactly what I was thinking the whole time. Glad that was the first response. Stevey steve has admitted that Carolina will never have the recruiting of other programs. We consistently finish middle of the pack. It isn't everything. ALSO, the color orange is ugly. you ugly orange troll.You lost to andy. ANDD... Who knows how Butch will fare at a real college program.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

There wasn't any orange sunglasses in that post at all.

Nope, not at all.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #7
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
There wasn't any orange sunglasses in that post at all.

Nope, not at all.
The future is so bright I gotta wear SHADES!

Old 01-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #8
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

I will never get the after Spurrier no one will be able to sustain what he has done. I think I heard this during the Holtz years from opposing fans. I have no clue what the future holds for us whenever Spurrier decides to hang it up but no one does.

I get it your an opposing fan and want to see every team beside yours crumble. The future may be bright for UT it may not. I think you need to pump the breaks and give it another year or two before you count UT as king of the east.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #9
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

Isn't there some scuttle-butt over UT's class this year because of the numbers involved?
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #10
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #11
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Another fan base drinking ORANGE koolaid
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #12
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
Old 01-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #13
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
Exactly. What is it with orange teams? They all think that they're the kings of college football.

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #14
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Or Butch Jones leaves for greener pastures and the debt you have racked up keeps you from hiring a suitable replacement.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #15
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Or Butch Jones leaves for greener pastures and the debt you have racked up keeps you from hiring a suitable replacement.
Certainly possible...but I am an optimist not a pessimist!
Old 01-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #16
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Didn't y'all finish like second to last in the east?

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #17
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Didn't y'all finish like second to last in the east?
That is correct, which is why I say 2015 at the earliest to begin competing for the top spot again.

But I really believe in this staff and the quality of players they are bringing in!
Old 01-11-2014, 02:34 PM   #18
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
That is correct, which is why I say 2015 at the earliest to begin competing for the top spot again.

But I really believe in this staff and the quality of players they are bringing in!
Haven't y'all been talking about great recruiting for like 5 years now?

for willy
Old 01-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #19
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Haven't y'all been talking about great recruiting for like 5 years now?
We may have hoped for great recruiting for 5 years but the fact is that Dooley's classes consistently finished in the bottom half of the SEC every year except for his first (which all have either gone pro early or flamed out).

This class is elite. 18+ 4/5 stars as of now with chances of adding a couple more. Top 2 in the SEC and first in the East.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #20
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
We may have hoped for great recruiting for 5 years but the fact is that Dooley's classes consistently finished in the bottom half of the SEC every year except for his first (which all have either gone pro early or flamed out).

This class is elite. 18+ 4/5 stars as of now with chances of adding a couple more. Top 2 in the SEC and first in the East.
My point I've heard the same thing from my vol friends for the past few years, I don't believe it

for willy