CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
Regalcock
b381l
taylorssc
crowcutta
GregoryHouse
gamecockgal
U-Dub Gamecock
mpilot0705
For Discussing The C (4560)
Question about after (3502)
Drew Owens missing? (2909)
Shaq Roland (2222)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1968)
clemson game time: N (1551)
The Defense (987)
FishFry 47-yarder (941)
Mason Rudolph starti (629)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (537)
Women's soccer Sweet 16 v
injury report?
**USC Women vs. San Diego
2015 - Daniel Fennell
Texans getting frustrated
Winston
Senior Day RB Participant
Shaq Roland
2015 Commitment - Christi
Question about after the

Old 01-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit
Default Thoughts on the team

Ok this messageboard has been fairly quiet recently... baseball is right around the corner... what are your thoughts on the team... the starters, who will be the surprises, projections, etc.
pimpingamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: Thoughts on the team

I don't really start thinking about that until they start practicing and I can see what, if anything, has changed since Fall.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #3
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I don't really start thinking about that until they start practicing and I can see what, if anything, has changed since Fall.
First day of Gamecock baseball practice! A balmy 35 degrees for the high today...
Old 01-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #4
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
First day of Gamecock baseball practice! A balmy 35 degrees for the high today...
I know, right!
I talked to Daddy earlier, and he was on the way to "lunch with Chad".
Old 01-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #5
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Weekend rotation of Jordan Montgomery, Jack Wynkoop, and Wil Crowe. Crowe may end up being the Saturday starter (to keep the rotation L-R-L) but that would be a coaches preference.

C- Greiner
1B - Martin
2B - Schrock
3B - Pankake
SS - Mooney
LF - Caldwell/Cone
CF - English
RF - Bright
DH - Celek/Caldwell

DC Arendas, Jordan Gore, Weber Pike, Widener coming off the bench as needed.

My Final 35 Man would be:

Tanner English
Connor Bright
Pat Harrington
Joel Seddon
DC Arendas
Marcus Mooney
Joey Pankake
Zack Madden
Jack Wynkoop
Evan Beal
Jordan Gore
Logan Koch
Taylor Widener
Tyler Haswell
Gene Cone
Grayson Greiner
Max Schrock
Vince Fiori
Brison Celek
Matt Vogel
John Parke
Elliott Caldwell
Kyle Martin
Jordan Montgomery
Curt Britt
Hunter Privette
Wil Crowe
Josh Knab
Cody Mincey
Josh Reagan
Matt Williams
Trey McNickle
Brock Maxwell
Jackson Smith
Weber Pike
Old 01-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #6
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Who is looking like the closer...I heard Joey was but is now being looked at at 3rd

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2014, 04:46 PM   #7
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

CockyCash: 500
AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Article on 247 other day was very convincing on Carolina being able to be make Omaha, very excited for the season

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #8
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpingamecock View Post
Who is looking like the closer...I heard Joey was but is now being looked at at 3rd

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
A position that will be filled once the season starts. Cody Mincey, Evan Beal, and Matt Vogel all are serious contenders.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:51 AM   #9
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

When does practice start?
Old 01-21-2014, 01:28 AM   #10
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpingamecock View Post
When does practice start?
Practice started Monday, the 13th. Pre-Season scrimmages start Friday I believe. I may be wrong on that account though.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #11
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
Practice started Monday, the 13th. Pre-Season scrimmages start Friday I believe. I may be wrong on that account though.
Official practices don't start until this Friday. Workouts started the 13th (with no coaches around).
Old 01-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #12
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Caldwell will play LF
Old 01-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #13
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Caldwell will play LF
Gene Cone was one of the best defensive outfielders this fall, and his bat wasn't a huge disappointment either. Caldwell may get the start in LF on opening day, but I could definitely see Cone getting some playing time - especially if Elliott's defense becomes an issue. Elliott's bat will keep him in the lineup, but he may end up being the DH.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #14
uscandy
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his claws

My thoughts are as always, Omaha or bust!
uscandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:09 PM   #15
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

No scrimmage on Friday with the highs being in the mid 30's. They will scrimmage on Saturday and Sunday.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #16
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
No scrimmage on Friday with the highs being in the mid 30's. They will scrimmage on Saturday and Sunday.
LOL!!! We played in weather that cold last season! (See Sunday Clemsux game. It was FRIGID!!!)

I never want to go through another cold season like we had last year. There is no reason why I should still need to carry a blanket into a game in May.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #17
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material

Quote:
LOL!!! We played in weather that cold last season! (See Sunday Clemsux game. It was FRIGID!!!)

I never want to go through another cold season like we had last year. There is no reason why I should still need to carry a blanket into a game in May.
I knowwwww....crazy they won't practice in that weather. I know high schools have rules that you can't practice in this type of weather but had no idea it would be like that for college. LOL
Old 01-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #18
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
I knowwwww....crazy they won't practice in that weather. I know high schools have rules that you can't practice in this type of weather but had no idea it would be like that for college. LOL
I was thinking they aren't scrimmaging Friday since that is the first official day of practice, not because of weather.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #19
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

Quote:
I was thinking they aren't scrimmaging Friday since that is the first official day of practice, not because of weather.
I heard it was the weather...I'm pretty sure I heard that on the radio
Old 01-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #20
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

I'm cautiously optimistic about this year.
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote