CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GarnetBlack&Blue
GSC2013
Dizzy01
WeStillOwnUSC
StormOfTalons
Kyle76
The Yancey
18IsTheMan
JNGolf
cockthehammer
Mike Davis "dou (2082)
The Demise of the 3- (1405)
Gamecocks D staff re (1364)
Pirate Depth Chart (1002)
Past SEC Champions w (970)
who thinks we need a (960)
Reginald Bowens (692)
East Carolina Predic (690)
Why didn't Wes Green (658)
You guys are horribl (295)
Carolina opens -15.5
The Demise of the 3-4
Why didn't Wes Green play
What would be your defini
East Carolina Prediction
Gamecock football Long Te
Did we ever go after Kenn
MLS almost ready for play
Gamecocks claimed and re-
Tanner McEvoy should've s

Old 01-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Way too early 14-15 predictions

2014-15 SEC Standings*

SEC EAST:

South Carolina: 11-1 [Auburn]
Missouri: 10-2 [South Carolina, Texas A&M]
Georgia: 8-4 [South Carolina, Missouri, Florida, Auburn]
Florida: 7-5 [Alabama, LSU, Missouri, South Carolina, Florida State]
Tennessee: 6-6 [Oklahoma, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, Missouri]
Vanderbilt: 6-6 [South Carolina, Georgia, Missouri, Florida, Mississippi St, Tennessee]
Kentucky: 4-8 [Florida, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, LSU, Missouri, Georgia, Tennessee, Louisville]

SEC WEST:

LSU: 12-0***
Alabama: 11-1 [LSU***]
Auburn: 10-2 [LSU, Alabama]
Texas A&M: 8-4 [South Carolina, Alabama, Auburn, LSU]
Mississippi State: 7-5 [LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss**]
Ole Miss: 6-6 [Vanderbilt, Alabama, Texas A&M, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn,]
Arkansas: 3-9 [Auburn, Texas Tech, A&M, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi St, LSU, Ole miss, Missouri

*Subject to change
-Losses are in the []
**Ole Miss/Mississippi St a toss up. I gave it to Ole Miss just because it's in Oxford.
*** LSU and Alabama have pretty easy schedules. I hate putting 12-0 for LSU but I don't see a game that they would lose. Of course, this ALWAYS changes but that's how I see it now. Alabama is "rebuiding/re loading" with a new quarterback and staff and the LSU game is in BR so I'll give it to LSU- but it can go either way... Like I said, both teams have easy schedules.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Way too early 14-15 predictions

I'll take it.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #3
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

So there are other gamecock fans that think we can win the SEC this year.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Yeah..... Auburn's going to beat LSU next year. Iron Bowl is going to be biggest game of the year again.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Yeah..... Auburn's going to beat LSU next year. Iron Bowl is going to be biggest game of the year again.
I had a tough time placing LSU Alabama and auburn. As it has been for the past few years, they are the 3 best, the west champ will be one of those 3.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:53 PM   #6
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I had a tough time placing LSU Alabama and auburn. As it has been for the past few years, they are the 3 best, the west champ will be one of those 3.
Watch out! Here comes Arky!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #7
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

I think lsu will be a dumpster fire next year.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #8
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
I think lsu will be a dumpster fire next year.
I haven't been paying as much attention to recruiting and all that like I used to so I don't know much about them at this point
Old 01-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #9
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
I haven't been paying as much attention to recruiting and all that like I used to so I don't know much about them at this point
Lose their QB, #1 RB, and top 2 WR.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:19 AM   #10
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Then why did you pick them to win the west?
Old 01-19-2014, 10:10 PM   #11
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 221039
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

2014- only 3 our of conference losses all year?
2015-???

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:28 AM   #12
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 221039
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I don't pay attention to PAC 10 Volleyball but Stanford should go undefeated. *

* subject to change

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:36 AM   #13
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Y'all do know I didn't go in depth with this at all right? This is merely just over looking at their schedule. I am sure my predictions are far off.

Maybe it's me but I don't have the time to look in depth at LSU.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:39 AM   #14
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Y'all do know I didn't go in depth with this at all right? This is merely just over looking at their schedule. I am sure my predictions are far off.

Maybe it's me but I don't have the time to look in depth at LSU.
Well that depends on your definition of indepth. Breaking down who every team in the SEC loses to is WAY MORE indepth than just posing "I think we go 11-1"...
Old 01-20-2014, 12:58 AM   #15
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
Well that depends on your definition of indepth. Breaking down who every team in the SEC loses to is WAY MORE indepth than just posing "I think we go 11-1"...
In depth as in recruits, who's leaving, if they have any weapons, what they have for next year, etc.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #16
oasispirate
Walk On

Male

oasispirate has hatched from the shell

Hey guys, ECU fan here. Long way till next season. I am sure we will be at least 10 point dogs in Columbia next year, but we won't be a pushover and will be predicted by some to win the AAC.

10-3 this year with one bad loss @Tulane and return the bulk of our squad. Anyway what Spurrier has done down there is nothing shot of phenomenal. I'm bored on this holiday and we open with NC Central so you guys are first real opponent. So never to early to scout opponents right?
oasispirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:32 PM   #17
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasispirate View Post
Hey guys, ECU fan here. Long way till next season. I am sure we will be at least 10 point dogs in Columbia next year, but we won't be a pushover and will be predicted by some to win the AAC.

10-3 this year with one bad loss @Tulane and return the bulk of our squad. Anyway what Spurrier has done down there is nothing shot of phenomenal. I'm bored on this holiday and we open with NC Central so you guys are first real opponent. So never to early to scout opponents right?
In the offseason it's not.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #18
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasispirate View Post

Yeah y'all should be one of the favorites with Blake bortles leaving UCF. good luck to y'all next year (except vs SC )
Old 01-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #19
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Your East prediction looks too much like the way it SHOULD play out next season haha.

Last year, Mizzou surprised everyone. Two years ago, Florida only lost one regular season game. I'm looking for a team like Tennessee to surprise everyone next year. It just feels like it's time for them to be back. They played some close games last year and had a major upset. I may even swap them and Mizzou and put UT at 10-2 with losses to us and Alabama. Just a feeling though, could be completely wrong.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:04 PM   #20
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Your East prediction looks too much like the way it SHOULD play out next season haha.

Last year, Mizzou surprised everyone. Two years ago, Florida only lost one regular season game. I'm looking for a team like Tennessee to surprise everyone next year. It just feels like it's time for them to be back. They played some close games last year and had a major upset. I may even swap them and Mizzou and put UT at 10-2 with losses to us and Alabama. Just a feeling though, could be completely wrong.
Yeah I'm sure but it's almost impossible to see if there will be a Missouri or auburn 2013 next year.

What I have seems too good to be true doesn't it?