CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
Grit_And_Steel
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
Does South Carolina (1663)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (937)
Rest of the season p (914)
Let us clarify some (736)
Tennessee kickoff an (666)
Tennessee Game Time (655)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (648)
Just thought of some (559)
Is Clowney back toni (520)
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
Miss St. defense
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
Why is everyone anticipat
To ANYONE complaining abo
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Let us clarify some thing
How do you want Auburn to
Bruce Ellington's First T

Old 01-18-2014, 11:11 PM   #1
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Some history that explains why I support Frank Martin

Frank took Kansas State to the Elite Eight. Kansas State has a decent basketball history, but they aren't what I would call a traditional power by any stretch of the imagination. Now, even with my extremely optimistic nature, I doubt Frank will have the same success at USC that Dean Smith and Coach K have had, I do think we should pay attention to the parallels.

The difference compared to Horn is that Martin had multiple successful years at K-State.

Here is some history about some very successful coaches:

http://espn.go.com/classic/s/moment0...gineffigy.html

Jan. 7, 1965

Perhaps the lowest moment for the coach who would go on to win the most games in college basketball history comes shortly after midnight as the Tar Heels return to the North Carolina campus after last night's 107-85 loss at Wake Forest, their fourth consecutive defeat.

As the team bus pulls up in front of Woollen Gym, Dean Smith and his 6-6 team see about 100 students across the street. Other students are leaning out of their windows. In front of the gym, a dummy is hanging from a noose. "Look, they're hanging you in effigy," says assistant coach Ken Rosemond to Smith. The fourth-year coach stares straight ahead, not displaying any emotion. "I could tell it was me because of its long nose," Smith will write later.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ent-ad-butters
You're an athletic director at an emerging college basketball powerhouse. You have a coach in his mid-30s who hasn't won after three years; in fact, he's nine games under .500 and making you look bad. And this coach, you hired him based on a friend's recommendation after he came from a school (Army) known a hundred-fold more for its honor and heritage than its hoops. By the way, said coach was a mundane 73-59 at his previous gig -- coming off a 9-17 season.