CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
ertman420
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
spareparts
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
ESPN Article on HBC on on
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2 Crazy things
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Taj Griffin
The Bama series

Old 01-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 520
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material
Default Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree

I know he is still a douche, but I'm wondering if his tirade after the game was influenced a little by how Crabtree was, you can hear Sherman say "Hell of a game, Hell of a game." with his hand out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...-nfl.html?vp=1

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
CCC
Her Modness

Female

CockyCash: 101500
CCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree

I don't blame Sherman for going off on Crabtree....
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

crabtree grabbed his facemask like a punk..very few pictures of that on the net..he also moved his head around.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

are you kidding me? Sherman was obviously instigating by sprinting over to crabtree as soon as the game was sealed, not when the game was over, that whole "helluva game" bit was dripping was sarcasm...

I'm not going to call Sherman a thug, because he's not. He's just a huge douchebag who should know better than to act like a cocky 9th grader who beat out a 10th grader for a starting spot on JV...
Old 01-27-2014, 01:48 PM   #5
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetBlack&Blue View Post
are you kidding me? Sherman was obviously instigating by sprinting over to crabtree as soon as the game was sealed, not when the game was over, that whole "helluva game" bit was dripping was sarcasm...

I'm not going to call Sherman a thug, because he's not. He's just a huge douchebag who should know better than to act like a cocky 9th grader who beat out a 10th grader for a starting spot on JV...
Best way I heard to think of what Sherman did and judging it on the radio. If your child acted like Sherman, would you be ok with it or would you reprimand them. I, for sure, would be pissed at my kid if it acted like Sherman.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
Clemsux182
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
Clemsux182 has hatched from the shell

Quote:

9th grader who beat out a 10th grader for a starting spot on JV, or a guy who made an amazing play against one of the best WRs in the NFL to send his team to the super bowl, same difference.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:41 PM   #7
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:

How is that like a 9th grader vs a 10th grader. Thats two premier athletes who went toe to toe and Sherman won. I guess you didn't like Ali taunting his opponents in the ring as he whooped their ass either. Get over it, its entertainment and fun to watch.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:41 PM   #8
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

I have no problem with Sherman... He talks to talk but is actually one of the few guys that back it up consistently. I know Crabtree rushed back from the acl injury and will be better than he was this season... But Sherman is the premier corner in the nfl.
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #9
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

You stick a microphone in a guy, who just sent his team to the superbowls, face and are surprised by his actions...? Really? He was pumped up, just made the play of his life and now he's a douchebag... hahaha wow

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #10
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
You stick a microphone in a guy, who just sent his team to the superbowls, face and are surprised by his actions...? Really? He was pumped up, just made the play of his life and now he's a douchebag... hahaha wow

I also can't fault Crabtree. If you just failed to make the play that would've sent your team to the Super Bowl and the biggest trash talker in the NFL (whom you already hate) who made the play comes up to you right after I'd probably have the same reaction Crabtree did.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #11
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
I also can't fault Crabtree. If you just failed to make the play that would've sent your team to the Super Bowl and the biggest trash talker in the NFL who made the play comes up to you right after I'd probably have the same reaction Crabtree did.

I agree. Even if he was saying "good game". You still dont want to hear that bs, especially right after you realize you're not going to the super bowl. And Crabtree shoved his facemask.... so what? I don't fault either one of those guys for how they acted.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Old 01-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #12
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I'm not 100% sure it was sarcasm on Sherman's part. I thought it was but then I heard about him doing the same to Jimmy graham. Before that game Sherman and Graham had to be separated and all most came to blows. After the game he ran right up to Graham and did the same thing. Smacked him on butt and said good game. Jimmy gave him a hug and smacked his helmet and spoke to him.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #13
Harry Cock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Harry Cock has hatched from the shell

Anyone who thinks Richard is a good guy needs to watch his interview on first take with skip bayless. Sherman is a damn goon
Harry Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #14
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cock View Post
Anyone who thinks Richard is a good guy needs to watch his interview on first take with skip bayless. Sherman is a damn goon
I dislike talking heads more than prima donna football players. At least football players provide worthy entertainment.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #15
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
I dislike talking heads more than prima donna football players. At least football players provide worthy entertainment.

Amen

Trailer Park Supervisor
Old 01-27-2014, 02:23 PM   #16
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Yeah, defending Sherman is laughable IMO. For the most part, it's obvious that those who defend Sherman either aren't really familiar with his body of work or they think that great athletes are entitled to behave however they please. The guy is one of the most classless, immature players in the NFL and he has the track record to prove it. Yes, he can be well spoken when he wants to be, but that makes it even worse in my opinion... he should know better. There is no excuse for his behavior- he is truly just an arrogant prick with zero concern for others and a terrible display of sportsmanship... he thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and he just can't help himself because he thinks he is just so ****ing cool and loves to hear himself talk. I cannot stand the guy.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #17
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Yeah, defending Sherman is laughable IMO. For the most part, it's obvious that those who defend Sherman either aren't really familiar with his body of work or they think that great athletes are entitled to behave however they please. The guy is one of the most classless, immature players in the NFL and he has the track record to prove it. Yes, he can be well spoken when he wants to be, but that makes it even worse in my opinion... he should know better. There is no excuse for his behavior- he is truly just an arrogant prick with zero concern for others and a terrible display of sportsmanship... he thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and he just can't help himself because he thinks he is just so ****ing cool and loves to hear himself talk. I cannot stand the guy.

You sound like Sherman punched your mother. Or are you a 49er fan?

Trailer Park Supervisor
Old 01-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #18
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
You sound like Sherman punched your mother. Or are you a 49er fan?
Neither. I just don't like douche bags. Especially a Stanford educated douche bag who chooses to act like a spoiled child.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #19
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

I don't think people care about what Sherman said to Crabtree and vice versa on the field. Obviously Sherman was being the good sport, congratulating him and not talking junk. But that doesn't excuse his meltdown on national TV after the game that made him look like an idiot/thug/moron.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #20
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
I know he is still a douche, but I'm wondering if his tirade after the game was influenced a little by how Crabtree was, you can hear Sherman say "Hell of a game, Hell of a game." with his hand out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...-nfl.html?vp=1
I don't think he's a douche, I think he's a passionate very talented football player that just made the play to go to the Super Bowl. Are you mad bro? You must be Niner fan. Sherman was trying to be a class act and the real Douche Crabtree was being a little punk. So yeah Crabtree deserved to be called out after the game.