CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Yearofthegamecock
ReadR00ster
WeStillOwnUSC
TAFC 5 1981
b381l
Sir Cuss
Gamecocks1137
kick_ball
eightohhthree
robgusc76
Auburn looks beatabl (2525)
uniforms saturday (2504)
Vandy Fans (1628)
Three young corners (993)
**official Vandy pre (828)
King - South Carolin (770)
Watch ESPN3 regional (692)
Cardinal's Jonathan (634)
No Vandy Predictions (402)
Haven't seen one unb (320)
Missing that annual relea
Auburn looks beatable
**official Vandy predicti
uniforms saturday
King - South Carolina vs
Hotel in Nashville?
Cardinal's Jonathan Dwyer
In light of our matchup w
Three young corners progr
Waldrop injured

Old 01-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #1
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material
Default Thank you Coach!

I often think about what life would have been like if Coach hadn't followed Coach Holtz. Oh, we would have been loyal fans, for sure. Maybe even great fans again. But geeeeesh, 11-2 three seasons in a row??? In my wildest dreams.

So, sincere thanks, I thank you Coach Spurrier, with all my fanhood and being. I'm not sure I'm worthy but who am I to fight such pride!

My first grandchild, a grandson was born New Year's Day. His name is Noah Patrick and he was the first baby born in Mount Pleasant. He's beautiful and his 59 year-old grand-dad dreams of staying healthy long enough to take him to his first college game ever. I may not succeed but I promise to give it that fighting Gamecock drive!

By the way, his mom graduated from Clemson, God bless her. Hey, stay calm, she's a great woman and it appears she'll make a solid mom. Life's about taking the good with the bad, right!

Go Noah, Go Cocks, Go Coach!!!!

Last edited by BeatBamaTwice; 01-24-2014 at 10:44 PM.
BeatBamaTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
Carolinafan8908
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Thank you Coach!

Amen! Go Cocks! And Go Coach!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #3
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Touching post, and congratulations on your grandson! You have to stick around so his mother doesn't turn him over to the dark side. (Clemson of course)

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:48 PM   #4
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Touching post, and congratulations on your grandson! You have to stick around so his mother doesn't turn him over to the dark side. (Clemson of course)

My thinking exactly ;)
Old 01-25-2014, 07:03 PM   #5
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Congrats bud.
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #6
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

Name that boy Steve

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:06 PM   #7
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Great post! I can honestly say coach Spurrier has improved my life. Not drastically but life is so much sweeter when you root for a winner!

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #8
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Congrats grandpa!

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:02 PM   #9
materlee
Walk On

Male

materlee has hatched from the shell

Great post. Congratulations grandpa.
materlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:29 PM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Want a great read? This is amazing with the hindsight we have now:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Nov18.html

Quote:
Sources said Spurrier is convinced he can win at South Carolina (6-4, 4-4 SEC), despite the school's mediocre showings recently and small recruiting base within the state. Spurrier faced similar obstacles at Duke, where he compiled a 20-13 record in three seasons with the Blue Devils from 1987 to 1989, and twice earned ACC coach of the year honors.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:42 PM   #11
Lil Jerry_Seinfeld
Walk On

Male

Lil Jerry_Seinfeld has hatched from the shell

Great post. I concur with your sentiments towards Spurrier. But I also think we owe a huge thank you to Coach Holtz. I wonder if Spurrier would have taken the job that brad scott left. Coach Holtz took over a team that was (many expletives). And Brad Scott (many expletives). I feel that Lou got this team to a place that Spurrier thought I can do something there, but this is just the opinion of a guy who was sadly a student during the Brad Scott era.
Lil Jerry_Seinfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:50 PM   #12
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 668
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Too funny

"When Florida officials asked for Spurrier's résumé, he essentially told Florida officials 'to go look in the school's trophy case,' a source close to Spurrier said."

Btw. Congrats OP!
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:12 AM   #13
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:

The funny thing is that Holtz retired from here at 67. Spurrier is now 68 but still looks ten years younger than Holtz did ten years ago.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:45 AM   #14
Roosterdog
Two Deep

Male

Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

I could not agree more with the OP. I am 50 years old and have lived and died with the Gamecocks for every one of those 50 years. And in those 50 years I have seen limited success. I NEVER dreamed we would be able to experience the level of success we currently enjoy. NEVER!!! To be among the top 5 teams in the country in terms of the polls and number of victories is an AMAZING accomplishment. And we owe it ALL to Steven Orr Spurrier. Without him we would still be languishing in mediocrity and playing second citizen to those orange clad buttheads in the upstate. But no more!!! We are the elite team in SC, we are the class of the state and,once again, we owe it ALL to Steven Orr Spurrier. You can say what you want about Holtz but when he left we were right where we'd always been, mediocre. Spurrier came in and raised the bar, and while it took a couple of years, he brought us respect on a national level. So I agree with the OP- THANK YOU COACH!!!!! For building us a winner and making us all proud to be GAMECOCKS!!!
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #15
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

BeatBama, the grandkids grow up much more quickly than the kids did.....in more ways than one. Seems like I was holding them in the hospital just yesterday, then in a blink of an eye, their in high school. Congrats to you and your family.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #16
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
The funny thing is that Holtz retired from here at 67. Spurrier is now 68 but still looks ten years younger than Holtz did ten years ago.
Clean living.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #17
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Clean living.

I would agree with you but I don't know if SOS lives cleaner than Holtz.

It could be weight training, too.