CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Carolina-Beez
Shaq Roland (2955)
clemson game time: N (2105)
**USC Women vs. San (1498)
The Defense (1249)
Women's soccer Sweet (1236)
Mason Rudolph starti (761)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (734)
2014 Charleston Clas (542)
injury report? (508)
Tenn-Mizzou game (450)
The Defense
2014 Charleston Classic:
For Discussing The Clemso
In case no one saw...
USC/clemson spread
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Texans getting frustrated
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Huge recruiting weekend
Shaq Roland

Old 02-15-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
Nassau Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Children in local car dealer ads

The local Miami TV feed is laden with car dealer ads featuring their progeny squealing, mewling and shrieking into a camera about "my daddy makes the best deal" or "we're the 3rd generation in this business". Who cares- If I were in the market for a car, I'd want to know value, performance, etc. to back up the research I've done on line.
Do ya'll have this type of ad on your TV or are we just blessed with Miami? We get the west coast networks form Seattle and there does not seem to be the horribly obnoxious ad trend there.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Children in local car dealer ads

Yep. We've goth them in charlotte too. My wife will actually notice when they have a new commercial and will comment on how the kids have grown.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

theres only two dealers around here that do that...well one now, as the other is out of business, they were around many years and have been closed due to tax issues and embezzlement

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:49 PM   #4
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

I know some of the car commercials here have kids in them, but the only commercials I can think of right now are HVAC commercials. I tend to not go with companies that use their families in their commercials. While it may not be true, I always equate trying to play on the emotions of your customers as not having the best products/services.
markymark550 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

A few are good commercials, most are really bad. If I can't understand what your child is saying I won't be enticed to come in and look at your inventory.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:39 AM   #6
GREENVILLE COCKPIT
Injured Reserved

Male

CockyCash: 32257
GREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPit

So now they call them ''smart TV's'' well if they are so damn smart why don't we have a button on the remote to eliminate all commercials !!!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:27 AM   #7
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Do you get JT's? Isn't that the guy that was Godzilla for a commercial?

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #8
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Do you get JT's? Isn't that the guy that was Godzilla for a commercial?
I hate those commercials too. I remember railing against them in another thread here.
markymark550 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:38 PM   #9
Nassau Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material

There's one for a KIA dealership in Miami for Valentines Day. I don't care if he's giving the car away- yikes. Throw the kids, (and producer) in a burlap bag in the glades!