CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
b381l
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
uscjeremynca
El Cid Ranger
Spurticus
auslander
GarnetSwarm1990
sporkgod50
PSU drops a prospect (2128)
Mizzou WR suspended (1049)
Blake McClain (802)
Best Offensive " (778)
What ever happened t (722)
Clemson, Auburn home (538)
Fall Camp. (475)
The Believer - Spurr (351)
Clowney's Madden Rat (211)
2017 - Jaden Hunter (201)
2016 - Mecole Hardman
2015 - Zack Bailey
Ranking the SEC Stadium A
2016 - B.J. Emmons
2017 - Jaden Hunter
Best Offensive "Trip
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
What ever happened to Phi
Re-Airing South Carolina
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 02-15-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default ***SPOILER THREAD*** House of Cards

YOU ASKED FOR IT, AND HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and nope, I dont have any to share as my power has been out since Wednesday...other wise we would have watched a few episodes last night
Old 02-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #2
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Re: ***SPOILER THREAD*** House of Cards

And the Ned Stark Memorial Award winner is.....

(Opens envelope)

Zoe Barnes!
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

And we have a McPoyle sighting.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #4
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

About two minutes before it happened my wife had said that she was getting irritated with the Zoe character.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #5
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 100000
TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to TaterHater1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMule View Post
About two minutes before it happened my wife had said that she was getting irritated with the Zoe character.
My girlfriend said the same thing. haha.

"She gets on my nerves so bad. I wish he'd have her killed already."

*boom*
TaterHater1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:11 AM   #6
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Just finished season 2. The ending was pretty obvious through most of the season, but I still enjoyed the ride. I know it was a calculated risk, but it still took balls for FU to send the typed letter to the president. It is going to be interesting to see what comes out of the Stamper mess.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #7
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Where to begin?

The season was a little needlessly complicated. The plot felt like a trick that was distracting the audience from the fact that there was not a lot of substance to the show. The complexity of the plot make the audience think that HoC is a very smart show when in reality it is a campy/pulpy/over the top portrayal of DC.

That said - It is a very enjoyable ride and I did like the season.

Last seaon they killed off my favorite character (Russo) and this year it looks like they killed off my 2nd favorite (Stamper).

The Meacham 3 way was just too much for me. I thought that he was likely going to hook up with Claire but I did not see the Frank thing coming.

I wonder if the writers do what the Breaking Bad writers did? write themself into a corner and then figure a way out. OR Do they have all of the characters and storylines carefully plotted out?
Old 03-06-2014, 12:29 PM   #8
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Where to begin?

The Meacham 3 way was just too much for me. I thought that he was likely going to hook up with Claire but I did not see the Frank thing coming.
This surprised me as well. I was pretty sure that Claire was going to get it. I wasn't sure if Claire knew about Frank's bi-sexual tendencies, but I guess she does now. I'm guessing that wasn't the first time it has ever happened though.

Hopefully they have some story and character line figured out and not shooting form the hip with the characters. They will have to start bringing some new people in since they are getting rid of a lot of characters.

Any guesses who will be chosen as the new V.P.? I don't remember if FU promised that position to anyone before the whole mess went down. Sharp would be a likely candidate, but I don't think FU can control her easily.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #9
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
This surprised me as well. I was pretty sure that Claire was going to get it. I wasn't sure if Claire knew about Frank's bi-sexual tendencies, but I guess she does now. I'm guessing that wasn't the first time it has ever happened though.

Hopefully they have some story and character line figured out and not shooting form the hip with the characters. They will have to start bringing some new people in since they are getting rid of a lot of characters.

Any guesses who will be chosen as the new V.P.? I don't remember if FU promised that position to anyone before the whole mess went down. Sharp would be a likely candidate, but I don't think FU can control her easily.
I'm guessing Frank wants a patsy since he saw what a powerhungry VP can do to an administration.

On a sidenote - the impotence of the Pres and of his Chief of Staff flys in the face of almost everything I have ever read about presidential politics. But, willing suspension of disbelief and all...
Old 03-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #10
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
On a sidenote - the impotence of the Pres and of his Chief of Staff flys in the face of almost everything I have ever read about presidential politics. But, willing suspension of disbelief and all...
IMO that's why the British parliamentary government is much more suited to this series. Check out the BBC series.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #11
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I'm not binge watching this season. JUst finished #7 so I won't read this thread. Just wanted to say that I could forgive Frank for offing Peter. That was just the cost of doing business. But Zoe??? It should be a crime to waste such prime grade A poontang!

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:23 PM   #12
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

The British series has been in my list since last year but I haven't got yo it yet.

I agree that they portrayed the President and the Chief of Staff as pushovers and easily manipulated. I would like to think that the supposed leader of the free world would have more testicular fortitude.