CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
ReadR00ster
gamecockgal
garnet_black215
Regalcock
Polls (3304)
Gameday in Columbia (2927)
Gameday Sign Ideas (2557)
Clem5on fans are bes (1652)
Dylan Thompson's pas (1490)
Why Weren't We Bette (1441)
SEC East Race as of (1161)
ST coach fired this (1125)
Let's talk about Mat (965)
Hardest Schedule (953)
Gameday Sign Ideas
Chode @ FSU/Clemson?
Is it possible for our Sp
Celebrity Guest Picker...
ST coach fired this week
D line pressure
Why Weren't We Better Pre
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
Gameday in Columbia
Clem5on fans are beside t

Old 02-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Daytona: 30 Lap Racing Tonight

It's on FoxSports1 channel 219 on Directv.

Daytona 500 tomorrow.....racing's back. It's been a long winter.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:16 PM   #2
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Daytona: 30 Lap Racing Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
It's on FoxSports1 channel 219 on Directv.

Daytona 500 tomorrow.....racing's back. It's been a long winter.
Qualifying for the 500 is tomorrow. The actual race is next Sunday.
Fear#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:33 PM   #3
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear#5 View Post
Qualifying for the 500 is tomorrow. The actual race is next Sunday.
damn....another week
Old 02-15-2014, 10:18 PM   #4
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs

Was trying to watch it (Sprint Unlimited - formerly known as the Budweiser Shootout), but some brainchild at Fox has decided that it would be really cool to post the race standings on the right-hand side of the screen, rather than along the top. The box that the standings are in obstructs the view a lot. Was really annoying to me, so I turned the channel. I hope they get enough complaints about it that they fix it before the 500.
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:33 PM   #5
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrtsmom View Post
Was trying to watch it (Sprint Unlimited - formerly known as the Budweiser Shootout), but some brainchild at Fox has decided that it would be really cool to post the race standings on the right-hand side of the screen, rather than along the top. The box that the standings are in obstructs the view a lot. Was really annoying to me, so I turned the channel. I hope they get enough complaints about it that they fix it before the 500.
Yeah someone is an idiot, there was nothing wrong with the scroll across the top of the screen.
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:12 PM   #6
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
It would be cool if you could click it and have the top ten come out and then have it go away when you want. With smart tvs I could see something like that in the future. I think once we get to the start of the season they will go back to the scroll. Probably just trying shit out since its a non points race.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:19 PM   #7
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
It would be cool if you could click it and have the top ten come out and then have it go away when you want. With smart tvs I could see something like that in the future. I think once we get to the start of the season they will go back to the scroll. Probably just trying shit out since its a non points race.
I hope you're right about the "trying out" part. The new placement was an epic fail.
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:32 PM   #8
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
I hope you're right about the "trying out" part. The new placement was an epic fail.
Yeah it's terrible as a permanent placement, would be a great interactive feature if you could toggle it on and off, but sucks to have there blocking the view.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:36 PM   #9
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
I think you can get that with Directv Racing Pass.....they put a camera and microphone in 5 cars each week and follow them the entire race. They do that every race. I think it cost around 80-100 per year.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:43 PM   #10
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think you can get that with Directv Racing Pass.....they put a camera and microphone in 5 cars each week and follow them the entire race. They do that every race. I think it cost around 80-100 per year.
That's kind of like the Race Buddy that TNT uses for the races they have. I wish NASCAR would do something like that over the internet for all of the races instead of the raceview crap they use that's all CGI.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:47 PM   #11
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

What I was worried about with this race just happened. Only 18 cars started and over half of them are out before the 2nd segment is even over. I wish they would have had a few more cars in this.
Fear#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:21 PM   #12
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Pace car is on fire!!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:34 PM   #13
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Wow great save by Kyle!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:53 PM   #14
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Stupid ass Aussie
Old 02-16-2014, 01:15 AM   #15
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 13641
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

Who won?
Herbie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:35 AM   #16
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie3 View Post
Who won?
Denny Hamlin.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:47 AM   #17
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Helped by his teammate in the 2 car, or at least that's the way Krashalotski was driving on that last lap