Welcome to Cockytalk!
Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!
If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!
|Today's Top 10|
|Posters (by posts)||Threads (by views)||Newest Posts||Gamecock Headlines|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|02-18-2014, 03:21 PM||#1|
Coming back home, one day
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Madison "The City" Mississippi
A (fictional) list of rule changes.......
.......as likely to pass as proposed 10-second substitution
• Decrease the play clock to 30 seconds after telling teams they can’t snap the ball until the 29-second mark, just to mess with coaches
• Eliminate the play clock, allowing teams to use a four corners strategy for football
• Get rid of extra points
• Get rid of field goals
• Get rid of kickers in general
•Let players celebrate more, because, hey, they’re not getting paid to do this
• As in Quidditch, designate one player on each team as the Golden Snitch. If the other team finds him and tackles him, the game ends
• Make the coin toss more about skill than luck
• Replace all footballs with Nerf® Vortex Howlers
• Put nicknames on the backs of jerseys, because this was actually a great idea when it was tried by the XFL
• At halftime, have both teams open presents and play games and light candles together, like the Christmas truce during World War I
• Retire kickoffs since there is actually more evidence that kickoffs are an injury risk than up-tempo offenses
• Install a freestyle round
• Go 500 style, with quarterbacks calling out how many points each pass is worth if a receiver catches it and scores
• Experiment with the idea of playing football in a pool, or find a way to make Blitzball from Final Fantasy X a reality
• Play some games on aircraft carriers, like in college basketball
• Get more dancing involved somehow
• Incorporate elements from that weird Italian game that looks cool as heck
Bring back leather helmets or get rid of helmets entirely
•Put tackling dummies and moats and trap doors and stuff on the field
• Eliminate the age requirement for the NFL draft
• Involve the mascots more
• Holograms — I don’t know, just go with it
Remember amateurs built the ark - Professionals built the Titanic.