CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
Spurrier_Superior_On
SwampFox
WeStillOwnUSC
75CarolinaFan
sanford
bcolinc
johnnyb
kingofnerf
Spurrier: Davis May (7011)
Devonte Holloman Ret (2350)
JD & DJ Getting (984)
Article on Shaw & (978)
Aggie looking forwar (975)
Cockaboose Owners (933)
and the #1 2014 acc (766)
I have not bought in (761)
I'm thinking we're g (695)
Clemson OT to transf (438)
First "Carolina Call
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Cheap jersey and very nic
I have not bought into ou
Devonte Holloman Retiring
Connor Shaw Browns
Aggie looking forward to
SEC East QB's Ranked
New Sign at Williams Bric

Old 02-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #1
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit
Default Titanfall 2 To All Consoles (Probably)

Article talks about Titanfall being only a one year exclusive deal and that Titanfall 2 will more then likely be available on PS4. It's funny how the first one isn't even out yet and they are already starting on the other. That just tells me that companies restrict the content of games to siphon as much money as they can. Instead of paying for a content rich game, they put just enough content in there to sell and then pump out the rest of the content as a whole new game.

Quote:
According to industry leaker and NeoGAF forumgoer Pete Dodd, Respawn Entertainment and EA simply thought the domination of the Xbox One was a foregone conclusion.

“The vast majority of the industry thought that Microsoft was going to dominate this gen,” wrote Dodd, but as the sales figures have shown, that hasn’t been the case in the early goings. Dodd wrote more extensively about the matter on his website: “The 360 was already widely popular in North America and Western Europe which is also where the FPS genre is the most successful. Signing a year exclusivity deal was a no brainer at the time.”

Although the first Titanfall will almost certainly never see release outside of Microsoft’s platforms, Dodd is confident that Titanfall 2 will find its way to the PlayStation 4.
http://bgr.com/2014/02/20/titanfall-xbox-one-exclusive/

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #2
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Titanfall 2 To All Consoles (Probably)

Titanfall is getting all kinds of hype. I just got an X1 and have no games. I think I may wait until this game comes out to buy my first game.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

I don't get why third party companies do this. There is nothing to gain from this. Why limit yourself to one console, and take a chance when you can release for every console and increase your profits.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #4
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I don't get why third party companies do this. There is nothing to gain from this. Why limit yourself to one console, and take a chance when you can release for every console and increase your profits.
I think that's what they are saying about Respawn Entertainment and what they are probably thinking right now. That's why they are almost positive the 2nd release will be on all consoles. Just think PS4 has sold over 5 million units and probably will be over 7 million after this weekend and they lost all that revenue. I would be kicking myself in the nuts right now and thats impossible.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:16 AM   #5
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I am sure Microsoft forked out a good amount of cash upfront to get the exclusive.
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #6
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
Article talks about Titanfall being only a one year exclusive deal and that Titanfall 2 will more then likely be available on PS4. It's funny how the first one isn't even out yet and they are already starting on the other. That just tells me that companies restrict the content of games to siphon as much money as they can. Instead of paying for a content rich game, they put just enough content in there to sell and then pump out the rest of the content as a whole new game.

http://bgr.com/2014/02/20/titanfall-xbox-one-exclusive/
I would say your point applies more to paid content available on release day. You're pretty much saying they already have Titanfall 2 ready to go because it could have just been released as a part of Titanfall, which I doubt is really the case. I'm sure that as phases of the game are completed or near completion they want to give their employees something to do, like maybe get cracking on the sequel.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:55 AM   #7
( CAROLINA )
Recruit

Male

( CAROLINA ) has hatched from the shell

Respawn came out and said they wanted it to be on one console, so that they didn't have to worry about multiple platforms. If it sells really well which I think it will MS might break down, and pay to keep it an exclusive. I don't really see the need now tho, with Halo, and Gears their shooters.
( CAROLINA ) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #8
( CAROLINA )
Recruit

Male

( CAROLINA ) has hatched from the shell

Speaking of games altogether, are any of y'all bored right now? There's nothing out right now. I'm picking up Thief for the PS4, and Titanfall ( ONE ). I've been trying to buy games for both consoles so they don't fill up so fast. The games size for downloading is crazy.
( CAROLINA ) is offline   Reply With Quote