CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
Thenardier
GoldenSpur7
ccured
robgusc76
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
Mangus now coaching (1868)
Can Tennessee get to (1278)
ESPN Article on HBC (1028)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (830)
Spread vs. aTm (769)
2 Crazy things (766)
Lindy's top 100 for (727)
Chick Redefines the (725)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (621)
The Bama series (506)
Dylan Moses: The first fr
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina
Spread vs. aTm
Mangus now coaching TEs
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Can Tennessee get to a Bo

Old 02-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit
Default Mayock

What's this dude creds? He seems to be someone trying to make a name and more of a blowhard. He is the one calling Clowney not a top 5 pick and saying their are "red flags" all over the place.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
B-G
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly
Default Re: Mayock

I always liked the dude for all these years he's worked on NFLN. Him saying unfavorable things about a player from my school won't change that.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #3
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
I always liked the dude for all these years he's worked on NFLN. Him saying unfavorable things about a player from my school won't change that.
What do you like about him? I hate watching Thursday games because of him. Can't stand his commentary.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
What do you like about him? I hate watching Thursday games because of him. Can't stand his commentary.
Big fan of him and brad for Thursday night games.

He's always giving great color commentary, and Brad Nessler is one of the best play by play guys in the business.

Definitely better than Buck and Aikman, but that's not saying much
Old 02-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by justalilcocky View Post
Bad analogy..another talent vs. work ethic. Nobody questioned whether Alshon was good enough to be a 1, people questioned his work ethic. Lots of people had AJ1 as a top 10 and then Alshon got too big his Jr. year, that's a fact. He dropped weight before the draft but the damage was already done. These people are looking at this from an NFL executive standpoint. Is this dude talented? Yes. Am I concerned with his work ethic and drive? Yes. So teams have to weigh that out. And evidently Mayock must not have been that far off seeing as how Alshon..yanno..didn't go in the 1st round.
Incorrect. Many did and said he could not ever be a deep threat and only a possession wr.

I do agree that JD has some red flags but he has way more postives than negatives.

I would also say that R. Wilson is an above avg NFL qb for sure.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #6
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Not really bout unfavorable things bout a guy from our school just knew people would know who he is from that...some of the other things he has said seem like more so people would know who he is. He is saying a LB and No. 1. Forgot the name of the guy he said but the connected analyst have not even put this Lb in the top 5.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #7
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Funny how on the NFL Network ticker he has Clowney going #1 to the Texans along with their other draft expert. Now he's trashing him. Whatever. I just heard him say he played at Boston College but wasnt much of a player. Shocking.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:42 PM   #8
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpingamecock View Post
Not really bout unfavorable things bout a guy from our school just knew people would know who he is from that...some of the other things he has said seem like more so people would know who he is. He is saying a LB and No. 1. Forgot the name of the guy he said but the connected analyst have not even put this Lb in the top 5.

Um, if younare referencing Khalil Mack, he most certainly is in many a Top 5
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #9
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPit

Shaw just ran 4.55..

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #10
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

unofficial 4.50 and fastest qb time so far
Old 02-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #11
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

Never heard of him, and just going by some reports on Clowney. Knows nothing first hand.
beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #12
justalilcocky
4-Star

Male

justalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his comb
Send a message via AIM to justalilcocky

Mike Mayock is one of, if not the best analysts the NFL has. His criticism of Clowney is legitimate. He's just laying out what NFL teams are going to ask and the things he is going to have to prove. I haven't heard him say anything negative about JD's ability. When a HOF college coach like Spurrier says his work ethic is "Okay"..that's a red flag. You get two speeding tickets in like a week's time..that's a red flag. People in NFL front offices get fired over draft picks..they are going to want to know, JD..are you mature? are you going to work hard? how much do you love football? do you want to be great or do you just want to be rich? It's all legit..
justalilcocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #13
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Mike Mayock is one of, if not the best analysts the NFL has. His criticism of Clowney is legitimate. He's just laying out what NFL teams are going to ask and the things he is going to have to prove. I haven't heard him say anything negative about JD's ability. When a HOF college coach like Spurrier says his work ethic is "Okay"..that's a red flag. You get two speeding tickets in like a week's time..that's a red flag. People in NFL front offices get fired over draft picks..they are going to want to know, JD..are you mature? are you going to work hard? how much do you love football? do you want to be great or do you just want to be rich? It's all legit..
My criticism of the guy is not only bout what he has said bout jd but of a lot of what he has said. Based on his analyst and others that are well respected and considered amongst the best Mayock seems either clueless or just looking to make a name for himself.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #14
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudly

Quote:
Yeah, he really nailed it when he said Alshon wasn't worth a first round pick. Anybody so called expert who couldn't see how good Alshon was isn't any kind of expert at all. Just another talking head acting like the authority on every player coming into the NFL draft.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #15
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
Yeah, he really nailed it when he said Alshon wasn't worth a first round pick. Anybody so called expert who couldn't see how good Alshon was isn't any kind of expert at all. Just another talking head acting like the authority on every player coming into the NFL draft.
I guess 32 NFL GMs should be fired then.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:05 PM   #16
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
I guess 32 NFL GMs should be fired then.
Was he right about Alshon or not? That is just one Gamecock that came to my mind that he whiffed on.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #17
B-G
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Was he right about Alshon or not? That is just one Gamecock that came to my mind that he whiffed on.
No but he nailed Russell Wilson. One of the few guys that have him any props during the combine.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:27 PM   #18
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think he was right. You don't use a first round pick on a guy that other teams will pass on and if you take a receiver in round 1 he better be a guy that's going to be a #1 for a long time. Alshon played well opposite one of the elite receivers in the game but would he do the same solo.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #19
justalilcocky
4-Star

Male

justalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his comb
Send a message via AIM to justalilcocky

Quote:
Bad analogy..another talent vs. work ethic. Nobody questioned whether Alshon was good enough to be a 1, people questioned his work ethic. Lots of people had AJ1 as a top 10 and then Alshon got too big his Jr. year, that's a fact. He dropped weight before the draft but the damage was already done. These people are looking at this from an NFL executive standpoint. Is this dude talented? Yes. Am I concerned with his work ethic and drive? Yes. So teams have to weigh that out. And evidently Mayock must not have been that far off seeing as how Alshon..yanno..didn't go in the 1st round.
justalilcocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:03 PM   #20
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Yeah, it appears there a lot of know it all douchebags like this guy making the decisions.