CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Spurticus
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
smoovecock
usc1
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
robgusc76
Gamecockfanatic4
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (841)
Spurrier vs Saban (770)
Kansas to invest $75 (745)
When does fall pract (721)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (265)
An Air Algerie Fligh (264)
Anyone Switching to (253)
Expect A Healthy Dos (229)
Darth Vader 'Vette (182)
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2015 - Amonte Caban
Baseball Recruiting Threa
Places to eat in Conway?
Spurrier vs Saban
Another A&M aggie off
Coach's media golf press
Gamecock Showcase Attende
college football match up

Old 03-04-2014, 04:05 AM   #1
auslander
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 833
auslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot material
Default The Military channel

Has become "The American Heroes Channel"

Sadly one of the last bastions of TV I could stomach has jumped the shark.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:12 AM   #2
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Military channel

World at War is pretty good, though I prefer my DVDs.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:22 AM   #3
auslander
Blue Chip

Male

auslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot material

It is but you will see less and less of that sort of thing going forward. I give it six months and it will look just like all the others, full of reality crap TV and Oprahesque type garbage. Anybody else see a show about fat emo firefighters going through an intervention on the horizon? I do! What military stuff I see (if any of it stays on there) is going to be more rah-rah emotional we are the good guys crap and less nuts and bolts history.

If you want to watch a good documentary "Soviet Storm" is a good one and it is on YouTube. It was made in Russia but is nicely dubbed in English.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:33 AM   #4
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Thanks to the build up over Ukraine, I've dusted off my copy of Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy, good book about a WWIII scenario NATO vs the Soviet Bloc.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:53 AM   #5
auslander
Blue Chip

Male

Remember "Red Army" by Ralph Peters? That one was a favorite back in the day so was "Team Yankee" which was sort of corny but a fun read
Old 03-04-2014, 05:12 AM   #6
Thenardier
Banned

Male

I enjoyed both. Clancy's my fave though. It's because when I was little, I'd read his books when my family drove, from Atlanta up to NC, to see my grandparents.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:04 AM   #7
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Lol, was watching CNN. They interviewed a Russian that lives in Crimea. His name was Sergey Golovko, just as I was reading some of Sum of All Fears, lol.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #8
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Have you seen TLC in the past several years? If a station stands for "The Learning Channel" then you would think there is some educational programming, but no it is just putrid wedding bullshit and other reality drivel... disgusting I say!
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #9
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

TLC hasn't been the learning Channel for at least 10 years.

MTV hasn't been Music television since 20 years.

Discovery used to have some good shows. Now it's just reality crap as well.

Same with History Chanel

The list goes on.

Reality TV is cheap to produce. Most shows are flops. But every now and then something like Duck Dynasty or American Chopper takes off and makes a ton of money.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #10
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Did you see the Charleston reality show Southern Charm did not even hit a million viewers right out of the box. I watched about 10 minutes of it and my conclusion is; rich or poor its all the same only the homes, clothes, cars and drinks are better if rich. The concerns are also the same but the rich can express them in a more proper way but still make people think "inbreeding".