CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
El Cid Ranger
Master Bedroom
SC Sandlapper
So Disappointed With (1778)
Rank the QBs under S (1339)
Back like cooked cra (935)
Tennessee game (642)
Who start on the d l (599)
Google finally gets (471)
No Comments on the H (434)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (323)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (145)
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
If the Head Ball Coach re
Vote For Cocky
Rank the QBs under Spurri


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
Cocklover
Take Chances
 
Cocklover's Avatar
 
Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbia
Posts: 33,135
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

With the win, South Carolina will play fourth-seeded Tennessee in the second game of Friday's first session. Tipoff is schedule to begin at approximately 3:30p.m. ET, or 25 minutes after the first game ends. Brad Nessler, Jimmy Dykes and Shannon Spake will be on call for ESPNU.
__________________
Cocklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated
 
behindenemylines's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DeLand, FL
Posts: 1,599
CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Elders on this site: Does Brian Steele remind you of Bill Verneau? For the younger gen, Bill played in the 80s and was not as talented as his teammates, however any time he was called upon he gave 100% and could knock down the 3. He bacame a cult favorite and energized the team and crowd whenever he walked on the court at the Frank Maguire Arena...thougths?

Steele's contribution yesterday included an amazing assist, a rebound and putback, and then a stone cold heartbreak 3 with 19 seconds on the clock.
__________________
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember.
Involve me and I learn. - Unknown

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:44 AM   #3
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me
 
2four2Gamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,287
CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Elders on this site: Does Brian Steele remind you of Bill Verneau? For the younger gen, Bill played in the 80s and was not as talented as his teammates, however any time he was called upon he gave 100% and could knock down the 3. He bacame a cult favorite and energized the team and crowd whenever he walked on the court at the Frank Maguire Arena...thougths?

Steele's contribution yesterday included an amazing assist, a rebound and putback, and then a stone cold heartbreak 3 with 19 seconds on the clock.
That 3 before the half was a really bad decision. He should have never shot that ball. Nice that it went in but you dont shoot that ball with more than a couple secs left on the clock in that situation.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift
 
Rebel4ever's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Duncan
Posts: 8,583
CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Elders on this site: Does Brian Steele remind you of Bill Verneau? For the younger gen, Bill played in the 80s and was not as talented as his teammates, however any time he was called upon he gave 100% and could knock down the 3. He bacame a cult favorite and energized the team and crowd whenever he walked on the court at the Frank Maguire Arena...thougths?

Steele's contribution yesterday included an amazing assist, a rebound and putback, and then a stone cold heartbreak 3 with 19 seconds on the clock.
I think Verneau was a little taller but maybe not as thick. I remember him hitting shots at the top of the key. There are some similar traits.
__________________
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #5
ipull4usc
Two Deep
 
ipull4usc's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbia
Posts: 1,097
CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

A really, really tough matchup for the Cocks today, considering all the size UT has. UT is also playing very well, in their past 3 games they have straight destroyed teams by an average of 31 points. Big Chat is going to have to ball out, it would be great if he can somehow draw fouls like he did yesterday to get at least 1 of UT's bigs in foul trouble. Kacinas and Carrera are going to be overmatched, they've just got to play with great effort.

We're also going to need some of that sharpshooting we had against Auburn.

This isn't even taking into account Jordan McRae, who is the Vols best player.

No matter what happens I'm proud of the guys for making it here. Let's go out there and fight tooth and nail today.
__________________
Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:54 AM   #6
markymark550
Bowl MVP
 
markymark550's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 2,078
CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
A really, really tough matchup for the Cocks today, considering all the size UT has. UT is also playing very well, in their past 3 games they have straight destroyed teams by an average of 31 points. Big Chat is going to have to ball out, it would be great if he can somehow draw fouls like he did yesterday to get at least 1 of UT's bigs in foul trouble. Kacinas and Carrera are going to be overmatched, they've just got to play with great effort.

We're also going to need some of that sharpshooting we had against Auburn.

This isn't even taking into account Jordan McRae, who is the Vols best player.

No matter what happens I'm proud of the guys for making it here. Let's go out there and fight tooth and nail today.
Yeah, Stokes and Maymon are tough matchups for us. Agree with you in that LChat needs to keep playing well. This is a game where we really need Henry to step up and give some good minutes.

It's gonna be tough, but if we keep playing like we have for the last few games, we could win this. Win or lose, I want UT to know they were In a dogfight at the end of the game.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #7
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick
 
USCBatgirl21's Avatar
 
Female

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sec 4, Row 1, Seat 16 - Carolina Stadium
Posts: 9,949
CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

GO COCKS!!!
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:53 AM   #8
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift
 
Rebel4ever's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Duncan
Posts: 8,583
CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

I would love a win today but if we don't these last couple of weeks have been fun and gives us some hope for the future. But let's keep this thing going. Hit some 3's, minimum turnovers, and rebound, we have a shot.
__________________
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #9
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw
 
Luke Skycocker's Avatar
 
Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Augusta
Posts: 45,282
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Tennessee is the worst matchup for us in the league.
__________________
Luke Skycocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #10
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift
 
Rebel4ever's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Duncan
Posts: 8,583
CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Tennessee is the worst matchup for us in the league.
Always have been.
__________________
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:06 AM   #11
chrism7d4
Recruit
 
chrism7d4's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cola
Posts: 141
CockyCash: 2061
chrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

For the experts out there do we have any shot to receive a NIT bid if we win today?
chrism7d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #12
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia
 
weatheredxtown's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Columbia
Posts: 687
CockyCash: 200
weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism7d4 View Post
For the experts out there do we have any shot to receive a NIT bid if we win today?
No. Win the whole thing or go home.
__________________
weatheredxtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #13
jared
Starter
 
jared's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Columbia
Posts: 1,252
CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism7d4 View Post
For the experts out there do we have any shot to receive a NIT bid if we win today?
Think NIT requires a .500 record or better.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #14
chrism7d4
Recruit
 
chrism7d4's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cola
Posts: 141
CockyCash: 2061
chrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
Think NIT requires a .500 record or better.
Thanks. I figured it was a long shot
chrism7d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:52 AM   #15
chaostheorysc
Blue Chip
 
chaostheorysc's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 810
CockyCash: 900
chaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism7d4 View Post
For the experts out there do we have any shot to receive a NIT bid if we win today?
Since the NCAA took over the NIT, I don't think there's actually a rule that says they won't take a sub-.500 team, although they haven't yet. I think it's basically an extension of the NCAA selection process. They have their own auto-bids (regular season champs who didn't win their tourney) and then continue on down the list using RPI as primary guideline.

I'm wondering if the CBI would be an option. They HAVE taken sub-.500 power conference teams in the past. Normally, I wouldn't want to play in the CBI, but considering how young this team is and how well they've played for the most part lately, I think I'd be okay with any option to extend the season.
chaostheorysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #16
markymark550
Bowl MVP
 
markymark550's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 2,078
CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaostheorysc View Post
Since the NCAA took over the NIT, I don't think there's actually a rule that says they won't take a sub-.500 team, although they haven't yet. I think it's basically an extension of the NCAA selection process. They have their own auto-bids (regular season champs who didn't win their tourney) and then continue on down the list using RPI as primary guideline.

I'm wondering if the CBI would be an option. They HAVE taken sub-.500 power conference teams in the past. Normally, I wouldn't want to play in the CBI, but considering how young this team is and how well they've played for the most part lately, I think I'd be okay with any option to extend the season.
The NIT can't have a rule that excludes sub-.500 teams because of their autobid rule. While it doesn't normally happen, you could have a regular season champ lose their conference tournament and have a sub-.500 record. The conferences that I would say this scenario is most likely to occur are the MEAC and Southland.

In regards to the CBI, I'm not sure if it's an actual SEC policy or one of those unspoken things you don't do, but SEC teams don't accept bids to the CBI. Unless I'm mistaken, our conference has never had a team particpate in that tournament even though we have had quite a few that would have been eligible. I wouldn't normally want us to take a bid to that tournament, but it could be extremely beneficial to this young team to get more practices and games (practices being more important imo).
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #17
ipull4usc
Two Deep
 
ipull4usc's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbia
Posts: 1,097
CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
The NIT can't have a rule that excludes sub-.500 teams because of their autobid rule. While it doesn't normally happen, you could have a regular season champ lose their conference tournament and have a sub-.500 record. The conferences that I would say this scenario is most likely to occur are the MEAC and Southland.

In regards to the CBI, I'm not sure if it's an actual SEC policy or one of those unspoken things you don't do, but SEC teams don't accept bids to the CBI. Unless I'm mistaken, our conference has never had a team particpate in that tournament even though we have had quite a few that would have been eligible. I wouldn't normally want us to take a bid to that tournament, but it could be extremely beneficial to this young team to get more practices and games (practices being more important imo).
Yep, the SEC has never had a team in the CBI. I sure hope the SEC doesn't have a "no-CBI policy" because it would be ludicrous. For a conference trying to improve its reputation as a woeful basketball conference, forcing your teams to turn down games against decent postseason competition would be absurd. The following schools have all played in the CBI since it was founded in 2008:

Wichita State
Virginia
Creighton
Texas
VCU
Saint Louis
Oregon
Cincinnati
Butler
Pitt
Purdue
Washington
Utah
George Mason
St. John's
Oregon State
Stanford
UCF
TCU
Washington State
Colorado State
Nevada
Davidson
Richmond
Houston
Akron
UTEP
Valparaiso
Boise State
Wyoming
Wofford
Princeton
Vermont
Green Bay
George Washington
Charleston
Evansville
Amongst other smaller schools with solid basketball programs...

That's a damn good list. There are a lot of very good basketball schools on that list. That list includes multiple teams that have made the Final Four in the past decade, quite a few teams currently in line for the Big Dance, and a lot of near-annual tourney contenders. Teams from the ACC, Big 10, Big East, Big 12, and Pac-12 have all played in the CBI. It would be mind-boggling for the SEC to have some sort of rule against it.
__________________
Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #18
markymark550
Bowl MVP
 
markymark550's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 2,078
CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

^Yeah, there have been some good programs in that tournament. I think it's really one of those unspoken rules for the SEC. It's pay for play, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it as well.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #19
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift
 
Rebel4ever's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Duncan
Posts: 8,583
CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerooster View Post
Yes, Florida was national champs that year and we won the NIT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
Yep, the SEC has never had a team in the CBI. I sure hope the SEC doesn't have a "no-CBI policy" because it would be ludicrous. For a conference trying to improve its reputation as a woeful basketball conference, forcing your teams to turn down games against decent postseason competition would be absurd. The following schools have all played in the CBI since it was founded in 2008:

Wichita State
Virginia
Creighton
Texas
VCU
Saint Louis
Oregon
Cincinnati
Butler
Pitt
Purdue
Washington
Utah
George Mason
St. John's
Oregon State
Stanford
UCF
TCU
Washington State
Colorado State
Nevada
Davidson
Richmond
Houston
Akron
UTEP
Valparaiso
Boise State
Wyoming
Wofford
Princeton
Vermont
Green Bay
George Washington
Charleston
Evansville
Amongst other smaller schools with solid basketball programs...

That's a damn good list. There are a lot of very good basketball schools on that list. That list includes multiple teams that have made the Final Four in the past decade, quite a few teams currently in line for the Big Dance, and a lot of near-annual tourney contenders. Teams from the ACC, Big 10, Big East, Big 12, and Pac-12 have all played in the CBI. It would be mind-boggling for the SEC to have some sort of rule against it.

I normally wouldn't want to play in the CBI but if the "miracle" of winning the SEC then the CBI would be a great consolation and give our young players more time to gel and improve.
__________________
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:07 AM   #20
Cocklover
Take Chances
 
Cocklover's Avatar
 
Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbia
Posts: 33,135
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

LOL...no NIT bid unless you have a winning record
__________________
Cocklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development