CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
ConwayGamecock
Sandstorm29
Gamecocks1137
aftertwobowls
Travelin
Cocks N Stuff
GarnetSwarm1990
Cockypantherfan
robgusc76
UF lets Durkin go (2432)
The U ends apparel d (1024)
Marquavius Lewis (726)
Wilds & Carson B (609)
Keeping it all in pe (528)
How Long Will The Re (382)
Brad Lawing USC / Fl (303)
2015 - Jeremiah Dins (286)
Restaurant musts in (265)
S & F article on (260)
Bowl Tickets On Sale Now
The U ends apparel deal w
Wilds & Carson Back f
2015 - Mark Fields
Marquavius Lewis
The Vent and Coaching cha
Restaurant musts in NYC
2015 - Ulric Jones
How Long Will The Rebuild
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 04-07-2014, 12:53 AM   #1
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material
Default Mickey Rooney passes away at the age of 93

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/mi...93-1201153308/

Sad day, he was certainly a legend.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:09 AM   #2
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material
Default Re: Mickey Rooney passes away at the age of 93

The only two people left from pre WWII film days (the Golden Era of Movies) are Maureen O'Hara and Olivia DeHaviland.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #3
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
The only two people left from pre WWII film days (the Golden Era of Movies) are Maureen O'Hara and Olivia DeHaviland.
I'll be honest...I'll cry when we lose Katie McLintock(!) and Mellie Wilkes.

It is truly sad that we are losing the last of the Golden Era slowly.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #4
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I'll be honest...I'll cry when we lose Katie McLintock(!) and Mellie Wilkes.

It is truly sad that we are losing the last of the Golden Era slowly.
Me, too. Best actors and actresses, better stories, more multitalented stars, and very little or no reliance on special effects.

Always had a crush on Maureen. Beautiful lady and love her brogue.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #5
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Me, too. Best actors and actresses, better stories, more multitalented stars, and very little or no reliance on special effects.

She is my favorite from that era by far. The chemistry between her and Duke was awesome! While she's more remembered for Katie McLintock(!), I loved her in The Quiet Man as well. McLintock! is just tied for my favorite Duke movie ever.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #6
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
She is my favorite from that era by far. The chemistry between her and Duke was awesome! While she's more remembered for Katie McLintock(!), I loved her in The Quiet Man as well. McLintock! is just tied for my favorite Duke movie ever.
Agree with all you say. Had a great role in "How Green Was My Valley" Best Picture of 1941. That movie will give you a few shots to the gut, but well worth it. Superb cast and acting all the way around.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #7
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
myrtsmom is developing his combmyrtsmom is developing his combmyrtsmom is developing his combmyrtsmom is developing his combmyrtsmom is developing his combmyrtsmom is developing his combmyrtsmom is developing his combmyrtsmom is developing his combmyrtsmom is developing his combmyrtsmom is developing his comb

Quote:
Maureen O'Hara has always been one of my favorites as well. To me, she can simply be defined as a classic beauty. Absolutely loved her in one of my all-time favorite movies - the original Parent Trap.
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #8
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:

I disagree
Old 04-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #9
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
I disagree

Same here.

These people were talented, but to paint their era as the "Golden Era of Movies" is something I had never heard of until today.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:43 AM   #10
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I met him 20 years ago when we were catching planes in Orlando. He was really, really short. He was also very friendly and funny as hell. Seemed like a nice guy.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:33 AM   #11
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

He was a mufti-talented man

TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #12
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

He seemed like a great guy.

Comedian John Pinette died this weekend too.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #13
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

What? John Pinette died? He was great. Now that's sad.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #14
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Hey kids... let's put on a show!

RIP Mickey.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #15
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

I met him at a book signing in 1990. He was upset because I didn't have the book to sign that was being released, and gave me a look. But when he saw what I brought, an old movie still from about 1939 or so, his eyes bugged out and he went "wow" and signed the movie still and told me all about the people in the picture. It made his day. He was definitely a cool guy.

Plus, he had like 15 wives in his lifetime, so he was pretty badass.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #16
Tony
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Tony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talons

Boys Town. Classic.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #17
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Now that Mickey Rooney and Sid Caesar have passed on, none of the principal cast members are still with us from It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #18
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Mickey was born the same year Babe Ruth was traded to the Yankees

-same year prohibition started

- Women's suffrage passed into law with the 19th amendment

I never heard this before but....September 16 – The Wall Street bombing: A bomb in a horse wagon explodes in front of the J. P. Morgan building in New York City, killing 38 and injuring 400.