CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
kingofnerf
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
KaneisAble
uscgamecocks88
Fight, win, kick a-- (1102)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (923)
CFN prediction for a (871)
The Gator Bowl wants (847)
Why I'm hopeful abou (813)
USC will upset Aubur (710)
A simple defensive l (677)
What happened to thi (646)
Ranking Top HC jobs (467)
In-state QB talent (443)
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Holiday desserts
The Gator Bowl wants us!
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Why is everyone anticipat
Cann tipping plays?
BA ranks recruiting class
A simple defensive line &
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Thoughts on the basketbal

Old 04-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
evilpoptart
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
evilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart
Default I got robbed in broad daylight Saturday morning before the game

My tailgating group took a "close" second place in the tailgating competition before the spring game. Paul Finebaum, who was a judge, is a weasel and refused to even try my ribs. The food was one of the criteria being judged! Michael Haney and Ryan Brewer seemed to really like them. I cant help but think that Finebaum's insistance on being a douchebag kept me and my friends from winning whatever prize there was :(

Old 04-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material
Default Re: I got robbed in broad daylight Saturday morning before the game

I don't really care for Finebaum, but to his credit, he had a lot of nice things to say about the state of our program. He also said he expects us to make it 6 in a row against Clemson and Dabo would have been fired by now if he coached in the SEC and lost 5 straight to their in state rival.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #3
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Looks damn good
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #4
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

St. Louis Style ribs. I usually do backs, but I get down on those too. Never discriminate against ribs.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightohhthree View Post
St. Louis Style ribs. I usually do backs, but I get down on those too. Never discriminate against ribs.
Hell, yeah. Nothing beats some good ribs. I usually do the St. Louis ribs if I have to feed a bunch of people and babyback when it's just the family.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #6
Gamecock4lif
Tailgating Beast

Male

CockyCash: 66697
Gamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot material

Who won?
Gamecock4lif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #7
evilpoptart
Game MVP

Male

evilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock4lif View Post
Who won?
I think it was the people next to us who went fancy. To be I think its cheating to not cook your own food on site. It looked like they bought all their food and all dressed up like they were going to Carolina Cup.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #8
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock4lif View Post
Who won?
Cocky crew from Inman
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #9
Tony
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Tony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talons

Ribs look delicious! Paul did himself wrong by not sampling. Not the first time he's done something stupid.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #10
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Well F him.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #11
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

Pork ? Not kosher .
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #12
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpoptart View Post
My tailgating group took a "close" second place in the tailgating competition before the spring game. Paul Finebaum, who was a judge, is a weasel and refused to even try my ribs. The food was one of the criteria being judged! Michael Haney and Ryan Brewer seemed to really like them. I cant help but think that Finebaum's insistance on being a douchebag kept me and my friends from winning whatever prize there was :(

You had my vote. I saw the stupid chandelier. GET REAL PEOPLE !!! This was a football game not a gala or presidents ball! Cook your own food at least have a beer ( ok drink wine if you like but its a tailgate ) If they won all others got hosed! It was an inside deal!
Old 04-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #13
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
You had my vote. I saw the stupid chandelier. GET REAL PEOPLE !!! This was a football game not a gala or presidents ball! Cook your own food at least have a beer ( ok drink wine if you like but its a tailgate ) If they won all others got hosed! It was an inside deal!
If you want to drink wine at a tailgate it better be the kind that comes in a box.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:42 PM   #14
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
If you want to drink wine at a tailgate it better be the kind that comes in a box.
And It has to be out of the box and bag slapped
Old 04-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #15
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Finebaum did not judge is what heath said on radio. Said he was going to but couldn't commit as much time as needed because he was working
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #16
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

CockyCash: 7567085
Ole Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot material

well if Finebaum is a judge maybe you should have some matzo ball soup to wash the ribs down but I'll give you a pass this time because the wind had probably blown the yarmulka off his bald head.
w
\.
" Are you playing your love games with me? "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxaP19pY1FI
Ole Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:11 PM   #17
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

I thought Finebaum was jewish. Maybe he doesn't feel right about eating pork ribs.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #18
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
I thought Finebaum was jewish. Maybe he doesn't feel right about eating pork ribs.
Ding ding ding we have a winner.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2..._fact_wiedeman

He is Jewish, now I don't know if you knew before hand he was a judge, but it's best to find out about the judges, before choosing food to cook.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #19
evilpoptart
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Ding ding ding we have a winner.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2..._fact_wiedeman

He is Jewish, now I don't know if you knew before hand he was a judge, but it's best to find out about the judges, before choosing food to cook.
I dont care about winning, I was joking when I made the thread. I do care about cooking good food and I think that goal was accomplished. If Finebaum prefers not to eat pork, then he probably didnt eat much Saturday.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #20
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpoptart View Post
I dont care about winning, I was joking when I made the thread. I do care about cooking good food and I think that goal was accomplished. If Finebaum prefers not to eat pork, then he probably didnt eat much Saturday.
Yeah really not the best judge selection for a southern tailgate competition. BTW Those ribs looked good enough to eat out of the computer monitor if it was possible.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote