CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
GregoryHouse
JaxcockFL
doubledribble
SMOTFS86
Cockhornleghorn
B-G
Regalcock
crowcutta
2014 Subway Classic: (2192)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1735)
Former Gamecock root (1513)
Franks boy's are pla (1426)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Has the window close (751)
Bruce!!! (675)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (638)
Kentucky is dominati (606)
Question for those w (530)
Decommitment from Texas A
The Vent and Coaching cha
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Has the window closed for
Bruce!!!
Franks boy's are playing

Old 04-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #1
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree
Default The Kentucky Bourbon Trail

I love Bourbon. I moved to Cincinnati 6 years ago and live less than 2 hours from most of the distilleries on the Bourbon trail. Quite honestly, I feel like a lazy mofo for not having done this yet...

So me and a couple buddies decided we were going to take Friday and Saturday of Memorial day weekend and do it.

9 distilleries, 2 days.

Below is the loose itinerary by buddy put together. Has anyone here done it? Any recommendations? I've heard that Woodford Reserve is like the Augusta National of the Bourbon Trail.

May 16th:
Leave Cincinnati for Frankfort 7:30am Friday
Breakfast En-route

Arrive Buffalo Trace 9:00am
Buffalo Trace Bourbon Barrel Tour 9:30-10:30am
Depart Frankfort for Lawrenceburg 11:00am

Arrive Wild Turkey 11:30am
Sample the wares
Depart for Four Roses 12:15pm

Arrive Four Roses 12:30am
Tour Four Roses 1-2pm
Depart Lawrenceburg for Versailles 2:20pm

Arrive Woodford Reserve 2:40pm
Tour Woodford 3-4pm
Depart Versailles for Lexington 4:30pm

Arrive Town Branch 4:50pm
Sample the wares
Dinner and overnight in Lexington

May 17th:
Breakfast in Lexington
Depart Lexington for Loretto 7:30am

Arrive Makerís Mark 9am
Tour Makerís Mark 9:30-10:30am
Depart Loretto for Bardstown 11:00am

Arrive Heaven Hill 11:30am
Tour Heaven Hill 12:00-1:15pm
Depart Bardstown for Clermont 1:45pm

Arrive Jim Beam 2:15pm
Tour Jim Beam 2:30-3:45pm
Depart Clermont for Louisville 4:20pm

Arrive Evan Williams 4:50pm
Sample the wares
Dinner and overnight in Louisville
Old 04-17-2014, 05:07 PM   #2
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Kentucky Bourbon Trail

Me and a buddy did it in Dec '01 - great time. Maker's Mark was our favorite stop, but maybe that's only because we ended up not having enough time for Wild Turkey - my favorite. You'll have fun.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I had a blast when I lived in Louisville!

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

I haven't done that, but it does sound fun. I'll have to put that (and the Tennessee Whiskey Trail) on my list.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #5
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I've thought about doing that with my brother as a precursor to flying to Scotland for a single-malt tour.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:18 PM   #6
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
I've thought about doing that with my brother as a precursor to flying to Scotland for a single-malt tour.
Also something I'd like to do as a bucket list destination. Unfortunately I can't do that for $500, that wouldn't cover air fare. I love whiskey in general.. I'm partial to Highlands and Speyside though.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightohhthree View Post
Also something I'd like to do as a bucket list destination. Unfortunately I can't do that for $500, that wouldn't cover air fare. I love whiskey in general.. I'm partial to Highlands and Speyside though.
I hear ya about Scotland. I've looked and couldnt find a flight under $1100. Not to mention then lodging, food, and of course the whiskey, Because I could never come home empty handed...

I have a brother in law who works in the airline/travel industry and who enjoys single malts so hoping that I can get him on board...haha

As far as bourbon goes, I usually go to Bulleit

And on the scotch front, I just opened a bottle of Ardmore Traditional..its a Highlands but peated. HOnestly wasnt expecting much for the price and have been very surprised at how good it is.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #8
Nassau Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material

really enjoyed Woodford. Went there the day before KY beat us a few years ago. Glad I went to Woodford first!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #9
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

That itinerary made my liver cry, sounds like a fun weekend. I'm hoping to get around to doing this one of these day's.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote