CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
Sandstorm29
GarnetSwarm1990
NinjaSven
WeStillOwnUSC
Spur's Addiction
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
So, why is next year (2822)
Why do so many of yo (1379)
Shot in the arm for (1197)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (977)
Custom Jersey (563)
looks like we have 2 (531)
Abu Bowl Ready (391)
The pets holiday din (235)
75 Best Bakeries in (207)
2016 - Thomas Sulliv (201)
OL Na'Ty Rodgers transfer
The Vent and Coaching cha
Beat Miami
2014 - 2015 Atlanta Brave
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
So, why is next year goin
Wilds & Carson Back f
How Long Will The Rebuild
Shot in the arm for the D
Restaurant musts in NYC

Old 04-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Game of Thrones Season 4 (If you have read the books)

Caution: there be spoilers ahead

Comment to your heart's content but if you read below this post, you have already read all of the available books and already know that Tommen marries Arya and unites the Kingdom with Tyrion taking over Castle Rock and Brienne joining the King's Guard and Daneary's ruling Winterfell and lands North of the wall and...
Old 04-21-2014, 07:32 PM   #2
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 (If you have read the books)

So...Jaimie raping Cersei....did not see that one coming...
Old 04-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Caution: there be spoilers ahead

Comment to your heart's content but if you read below this post, you have already read all of the available books and already know that Tommen marries Arya and unites the Kingdom with Tyrion taking over Castle Rock and Brienne joining the King's Guard and Daneary's ruling Winterfell and lands North of the wall and...

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #4
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

lol
Old 04-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Odd, since it didn't happen in the books. It also takes away from Jamie's redemption arc in the books.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #6
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Odd, since it didn't happen in the books. It also takes away from Jamie's redemption arc in the books.
It did happen in the books, almost exactly like in the show. It seemed a less rapey in the books when I first read it, but if you go back and read it, she starts out by telling him no, to stop, and all that, and then kind of gets into it, just like on the show. Let's put it this way, in the books it seemed less rapey the first read, and more rapey the second, and the show seemed more rapey the first watch and less rapey the second.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:01 PM   #7
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

Interview with the director said the scene was supposed to be "consensual at the end". Ladies: do not go on a date with the director
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #8
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

Episode 8 of this season is titled "The Mountain and the Viper" and I don't think I could be any happier to watch that.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:57 PM   #9
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113554578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBand View Post
Episode 8 of this season is titled "The Mountain and the Viper" and I don't think I could be any happier to watch that.
That sounds like a great episode!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #10
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

in all seriousness, I do wonder how detailed of an outline Martin has given them for the final "two" unwritten books..because while not exact, the first few seasons have stayed fairly close to the books. I only see maybe one more book coming out in the next 3 years or so, and that would still leave the final season to be "written" by HBO's writers instead of him...

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #11
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
in all seriousness, I do wonder how detailed of an outline Martin has given them for the final "two" unwritten books..because while not exact, the first few seasons have stayed fairly close to the books. I only see maybe one more book coming out in the next 3 years or so, and that would still leave the final season to be "written" by HBO's writers instead of him...
It depends on whether they will also break the remaining books up into multiple seasons per each book.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #12
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
It depends on whether they will also break the remaining books up into multiple seasons per each book.
have they done that yet? its been a while since I read the books, but I was thinking it was going 1 season per book so far

Old 04-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #13
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
have they done that yet? its been a while since I read the books, but I was thinking it was going 1 season per book so far

Season 3 and Season 4 are from one book, for the most part, A Storm of Swords. The Red Wedding, the purple wedding, the death of the Mountain, the death of Tywin, the death of Shae, Bronn's betrayal, Littlefinger's stand at the Eyrie, Mance's assault on the Wall...all of that crap takes place in the book

Frankly, I do not see how they will pack all of that into this season
Old 04-22-2014, 06:53 PM   #14
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

It was through season 2...then it jumped forward
Old 04-22-2014, 07:01 PM   #15
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
It was through season 2...then it jumped forward
it was what? pretty close to the books?

Old 05-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #16
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

SO...I"m thinking this...long potential spoiler theories:

You've been warned, conspiracy spoilers below.

The "better" Lannister children are Targaryan bastards--Lady Joanna and Aerys (Mad King)

Jaime and Cersie are Aery's children, as Baristan Slemy tells Dany in DwD:
"Prince Aerys . . . as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lord’s right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the . . . the liberties your father took during the bedding."

Jon Snow is Rhaegars & Lyanna's son...Lyanna died in labor...
Tyrion is Tywin and Lady Joannas son...Joanna died in labor...
Daenery's is the Mad King and Rhaella's daughter...Rhaella died in labor

Tyrion is the only TRUE Lannister: Remember Tywin telling Tyrion:
"The only reason you still draw breath, is because i could not prove that you were no son of mine, thus forcing me to watch you grow up, waddling around like some mummer, making a fool of yourself, with the proud Lion emblazoned on your Tunic."
--Makes Tywn the ultimate tragic character.

3 dragons--the prophecies speak of Tyrion having 2 heads...WARGING not just riding!
Rhaegal--named for her brother Rhaegar--[/i]for Jon Snow, his son.
Drogon--largest and most vicious--for Tyrion--"A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all"
Viserys--Dany's dragon.

Last edited by Biocockanics; 05-13-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Biocockanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:04 AM   #17
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
SO...I"m thinking this...long potential spoiler theories:

You've been warned, conspiracy spoilers below.

The "better" Lannister children are Targaryan bastards--Lady Joanna and Aerys (Mad King)

Jaime and Cersie are Aery's children, as Baristan Slemy tells Dany in DwD:
"Prince Aerys . . . as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lordís right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the . . . the liberties your father took during the bedding."

IMO, and I've read all these theories before, (I've read the books twice, and spent way too much time on westeros.org reading the wiki and every theory out there) but I don't think this is anything other than one of many issues that led to the rift between Tywin and King Aerys.

Quote:
Jon Snow is Rhaegars & Lyanna's son...Lyanna died in labor...
Tyrion is Tywin and Lady Joannas son...Joanna died in labor...
Daenery's is the Mad King and Rhaella's daughter...Rhaella died in labor

Personally I don't believe that Tyrion is one of the 3 heads. I do believe in the R+L=J and that Jon Snow is Azor Ahai/Prince who was Promised, and will eventually ride a dragon where his warging ability will come in handy. I don't think just anyone can ride a dragon, and I don't remember where I read this but somewhere it said that the Valyrean Lords who had dragons used some sort of magic or something to ride dragons. Now Dany obviously has some sort of magic being as how she withstood the fire and hatched the dragons. I'm not sold on the third head yet, but I'm leaning towards Bran for the obvious reasons that he can warg and also the three eyed crow/Bloodraven that keeps telling him he will fly. I think that the third will have to be someone who has some ability to control a dragon through warging or Valyrean blood, being a "true dragon" or whatever. This also leave the possibility for any of the Stark children, Sansa, Arya, Bran, or Rickon, and Aegon (if he truly is Aegon).

Quote:
Tyrion is the only TRUE Lannister: Remember Tywin telling Tyrion:
"The only reason you still draw breath, is because i could not prove that you were no son of mine, thus forcing me to watch you grow up, waddling around like some mummer, making a fool of yourself, with the proud Lion emblazoned on your Tunic."
--Makes Tywn the ultimate tragic character.

Well I do agree Tyrion is a Lannister.
Quote:
3 dragons--the prophecies speak of Tyrion having 2 heads...WARGING not just riding!
Rhaegal--named for her brother Rhaegar--[/i]for Jon Snow, his son.
Drogon--largest and most vicious--for Tyrion--"A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all"
Viserys--Dany's dragon.
I don't remember a 2 head Tyrion prophecy? Also, Tyrion hasn't shown any ability to warg, don't see that showing up at this point. Anyway see my above info on this part too.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #18
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

In reference to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Peter Dinklage won himself an award with the last episode.
from the other thread

I can't wait to his next few actions. I imagine those will be even better.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #19
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

So if I remember, Oberon fights the Mountain, correct?

I remember the Pince fighting for Tyrion.

Also, If this is accurate I guess it will be a couple of episodes before they get to that and they will have to show the Mountain doing something terrifying just so people remember him.

Next week's episode will like spend much of the time in the Eyrie and in the North
Old 05-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #20
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Quote:
So if I remember, Oberon fights the Mountain, correct?

I remember the Pince fighting for Tyrion.

Also, If this is accurate I guess it will be a couple of episodes before they get to that and they will have to show the Mountain doing something terrifying just so people remember him.

Next week's episode will like spend much of the time in the Eyrie and in the North
Next episode shows The Mountain impaling some common folk. Episode 8 is called 'The Red Viper and the Mountain', so I assume the duel takes place then.

EELLLLLLLLIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!