CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Seladen
usc1
PageUSC
Latti
JerseyBird
thumpin big
Cockypantherfan
kabercr2
looks like we have 2 (1328)
**USC vs. Clemson GA (834)
Beat Miami (557)
Decommitment from Te (451)
Garcia and Clemsux T (416)
Frank Martin's Game (393)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (388)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (353)
Need a dog kennel (134)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (113)
looks like we have 2 OL r
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
So, why is next year goin
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
Cleveland Browns Headshot
Beat Miami
NY Giants Joe Morrison tr
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
How Long Will The Rebuild
2015 - Mark Fields

Old 04-22-2014, 08:40 AM   #1
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default SEC Network "Take It All In" South Carolina promo video...

The SEC Network is doing a Take It All In promo video for each school...here is South Carolina...

Old 04-22-2014, 08:47 AM   #2
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Network "Take It All In" South Carolina promo video...

nice, thanks for posting this

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #3
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 955556557
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Pretty cool
Old 04-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #4
GamecockSuperFan
6-6

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

0:21 is representing
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:05 AM   #5
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I watched all the SECe's.

USC's was the best, it was the most hype, no homerism even.

Of course uga would have video of a play 30+ years ago, they have nothing but history going for them.

kentucky's was the 2nd best, IMO, the use of technology and the crowd were hype.

mizzou's....I get it, they're trying to build an identity and get people familiar with them, so they spell their name over and over. However, it felt like a spelling bee rather than a school's video.

vandy's...if Franklin was still there, the video would be all about him, but they had to do the basketball team and talk about the floor being raised, pretty lame.

uf's...it took 30 seconds for them to talk about the history of the gator chomp, but nobody brought up the fact that they stole the idea from mississippi state?!?!? lololol
This would've been the lamest video had it not been for...

tenn...absolute worst promo w/o question. Who are they marketing to?!?!? Young mothers in the 18-30 demographic, do they even know who their audience is? Epic fail. I knew that song was going to be in there, but singing it like a lullaby...really?!?

ETA:
So I found the ones for the SECw...some are equally as awful as uf's (tenn still out front for the worst.)

auburn... 30 seconds of someone driving by with a cell phone quality camera and video taping toilet papered rolled trees...to the song "Oh What a Beautiful Morning," good lord, oh what a crappy video...video quality, creative direction, music...this challenges tenn's awful video.

atm's...30 seconds of a ROTC guy in his room with a dog and a jizz jar...holy crap...finally the last 5 seconds something interesting happens and he runs the collie on the field during a game. The song was horrible, did the girl who wrote it go to atm or something, if so that could redeem it, but most of the video was feather soft and boring.

ole miss...they had a chance to have a good video. They featured The Grove, great shots of the people there, but the audio cut out after 6 seconds, that must have been some type of technical error, and they should be able to fix that. They could've show the stadium and other things, but it was really just The Grove. This could've been a decent video, but the low quality audio production killed it.

lsu...one of the better videos, definitely in the Top 3. They featured the live tiger on campus, but showed a lot of the other facilities and a gameday in the stadium. I even like the song they chose. Overall a quality commercial.

miss state...I'm torn here. It showcased their cheap redneck fans who were too cheap to buy tickets and pull up their trucks tot he fence, and they focused only on baseball (but they don't have an Natty's and only 1 runner up finish in their history....) They're trying to hard to sell themselves as a baseball school....Although, I think this video fits their fans perfectly.

arkansas...another decent video that will appeal to their fan base. It was an instuctional video on how to call the pigs. I like how the guy referenced that you could be in China or Russia and people would know what that call meant...lol, no.

alabama...Good video, I might say it pushes lsu's out of that 3rd spot. Bryant's voice over shots of the campus and fans. Overall the production quality was really good. Bear Bryant is also more interesting than a tiger in a cage, so there's that. If that tiger would've been showing chasing and eating a deer, it would've won though.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier

Last edited by MWard; 04-22-2014 at 11:00 AM.
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:24 AM   #6
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 100000
TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to TaterHater1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
atm's...30 seconds of a ROTC guy in his room with a dog and a jizz jar...holy crap...finally the last 5 seconds something interesting happens and he runs the collie on the field during a game. The song was horrible, did the girl who wrote it go to atm or something, if so that could redeem it, but most of the video was feather soft and boring.
The videos were showcasing tradition and Reveille is one of the coolest traditions of any college. I thought the video was great.
TaterHater1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:09 AM   #7
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Ole Miss was all about The Grove with hardly any sound. Miss. State was all about the baseball stadium. Auburn was about Toomer's Corner. LSU was bad in my opinion. Alabama had Bear Bryant's voice showing pics of fans which wasn't too bad.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #8
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Ours had the earmarks of the handiwork of a certain videographer we all know and love.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #9
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2014/4...romo-videos-14

here is all of them
Old 04-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #10
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

TWC needs to get on the ball with this.
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:23 AM   #11
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpingamecock View Post
TWC needs to get on the ball with this.
So does Directv! Can't believe that as of right now I will have the Big Ten Network and not the SEC Network! Makes me mad! Thinking about going with a different provider after 12 years .
Old 04-22-2014, 02:19 PM   #12
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
So does Directv! Can't believe that as of right now I will have the Big Ten Network and not the SEC Network! Makes me mad! Thinking about going with a different provider after 12 years .
You'll need to make the switch about 30 days prior to the SC vs aTm kickoff. I don't think TWC is going to make a decision on this, b/c they are looking more at being purchased by Comcast for $45 Billion. The SEC deal is only worth around $300M to them.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #13
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
You'll need to make the switch about 30 days prior to the SC vs aTm kickoff. I don't think TWC is going to make a decision on this, b/c they are looking more at being purchased by Comcast for $45 Billion. The SEC deal is only worth around $300M to them.
TWC is definitely going to need to make a decision on it. The SEC Network is based in Charlotte, so it's very close to being within the conference's footprint and there will be a LOT of subscribers who will expect to get it, especially since TWC is such a big presence in the south.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #14
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
I hoping for Directv!!
Old 04-22-2014, 04:16 PM   #15
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
I'm in the same boat. My two year contract was up awhile ago, so if it gets late into the summer, that might be the deciding factor that makes me switch to Dish!
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #16
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Our's is really, really well done and I like it a lot. However, if you add the rooster crow at the beginning of Sandstorm, then it's perfect.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:14 AM   #17
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

LSUs is awesome! They used Guru's "Loungin" for the audio.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #18
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

ESPN has just begun promo'ing this on radio and tv really heavy. Every time they mention the networks it is on. By the time this really ramps up in the summer those other providers will get on board. The fact that they haven't already, in my opinion, tells you that ESPN (and thus, the SEC) are asking for a bigger chunk than other conferences. I may be wrong, they've never actually given the details. But having ESPN behind you is a good thing when it comes to this stuff.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #19
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

They should have used a conference game in the overhead shot.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #20
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
They should have used a conference game in the overhead shot.
they did, pretty sure thats UGA in 2012 after all the away fans have left.

ultimatetailgater is online now   Reply With Quote