CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
B-G
gadeneer1986
Latt7more
ReadR00ster
b381l
CoverTwo
Why is everyone anti (1402)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Rest of the season p (1116)
Just thought of some (932)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (781)
Let us clarify some (740)
How did we not make (691)
Miss St. defense (662)
Is Clowney back toni (610)
Flopping is reaching (351)
Why is everyone anticipat
Keith Stone (2016 Prospec
SOS says his next stop is
Name a Gamecock
How did we not make it.
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Miss St. defense
Busta out indefinitely.
Our Road Upset Wins
Bruce Ellington's First T

Old 04-29-2014, 12:01 AM   #1
taylorssc
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material
Default Your CockyTalk Persona

How accurate of a reflection do you think your CT persona is of you? What part of your charter is best resembled in your posts and what traits do you show here that you don't in person? Do your posts vary based on your anxiety level on any given day?

Just curious. I've begun to notice patterns in how I post. I think it's interesting. I'll share mine in a bit.
taylorssc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #2
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110363
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material
Default Re: Your CockyTalk Persona

hmmm.. I don't think I've ever really thought about that before... I guess I'm more interested in getting involved in the conversation in real life, I've mostly been lurking here of late.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:31 AM   #3
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I'd say my posts are a fairly accurate reflection of my personality.

I have really enjoyed posting and reading others' posts. I probably spend too much time on here, but I really like most of the discussions.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:48 AM   #4
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Well, I'm a lot richer on here...
Old 04-29-2014, 12:58 AM   #5
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

I'm a bit more blunt on CT than with others in person. I typically take the feelings of others into strict consideration most often than not, but on here, a lot of times I could care less ;)

But I do love some of the conversations here. I view CT as "family". When interacting with other fans at games, I'm always asking if they're on CT or not :)
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:15 AM   #6
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
I'm a bit more blunt on CT than with others in person. I typically take the feelings of others into strict consideration most often than not, but on here, a lot of times I could care less ;)

But I do love some of the conversations here. I view CT as "family". When interacting with other fans at games, I'm always asking if they're on CT or not :)
Couldn't care less
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:29 AM   #7
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I think the board is a pretty good indicator of someone's actual personality
but on here, when you're discussing a topic or just stating "anything", then
(unlike face-to-face) you have the freedom to express your entire thought
without interruption. I think that allows for better expression from everyone
who's talking about a specific topic on the net.
Face-to-face, you may start to say something or respond to a statement,
and many times you get interrupted by someone who disagrees (or sometimes
does agree), and they want to get their opinion out to the point they
cut you off. Sometimes you may do this to someone not knowing you're
not allowing a person to finish a statement or response.

On here, you can state your opinion(s) in full and everyone sees them
in full before responding. From this you (in a sense) have a more accurate
idea of a person's persona overall.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #8
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I think the board is a pretty good indicator of someone's actual personality
but on here, when you're discussing a topic or just stating "anything", then
(unlike face-to-face) you have the freedom to express your entire thought
without interruption. I think that allows for better expression from everyone
who's talking about a specific topic on the net.
Face-to-face, you may start to say something or respond to a statement,
and many times you get interrupted by someone who disagrees (or sometimes
does agree), and they want to get their opinion out to the point they
cut you off. Sometimes you may do this to someone not knowing you're
not allowing a person to finish a statement or response.

On here, you can state your opinion(s) in full and everyone sees them
in full before responding. From this you (in a sense) have a more accurate
idea of a person's persona overall.
.....Spurty is actually shorter than his posts...jus saying...
Old 04-29-2014, 01:00 AM   #9
bertoholic
THAT Damn Good

Male

CockyCash: 14152650
bertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot material

If I tell you I'm great, you'd think of me as boastful. If I tell you I'm no good, you know that I'm lying.

If you don't know now you know....
bertoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:50 AM   #10
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Similarities:
Just as boring
Just as silly
Just as crabby
I like to point out odd things people do

Different:
I'm really more of a nice guy
I don't get in arguments
I'm lazier in real life
Nothing really bugs me that much
I can be much more of a chicken shit
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #11
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Similarities:
Just as boring
Just as silly
Just as crabby
I like to point out odd things people do

Different:
I'm really more of a nice guy
I don't get in arguments
I'm lazier in real life
Nothing really bugs me that much
I can be much more of a chicken shit
I really and truly do love the state of Ohio and the people from there
Tough to believe when I see the name "Spareparts"

Also, I added a line for you at the end.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:52 PM   #12
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Try to be the same....always feel my intentions come off harsher online due to the limitations of msg boards. And most don't what a flameout is.

But I also think people are more transparent online because they can be incognito...likely they'd never say some of the things around others that they post online.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:15 AM   #13
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I'm actually a 19 year old female Russian model.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:20 AM   #14
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I'm actually a 19 year old female Russian model.
Well you've been sending us those signals for a while now.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:06 AM   #15
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I actually look just like Gregory House but someone else has that avatar .

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:49 AM   #16
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

My cockytalk persona is gay, but I'm straight in real life.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:53 AM   #17
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

I think any online interaction by nature is different. I know I'm a good bit more blunt on here than I am in real life, although I am pretty opinionated. The difference is when you post or have an online conversation with someone, you have no visual clues to see how your comments are being received. You can't see if you hurt someone or anger someone; you just wait until they come back at you.
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:18 AM   #18
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

I am gregarious and jovial in real life.

Here, I try to say more in a small amount of words due to the fact that I am very, very lazy.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #19
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Actually, I try to reflect who I really am, but I am sure that at times, the "reality" of the internet shows me in a better light than I really am. I Timothy 1:15

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:34 AM   #20
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 26065800
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

I am the same. Sarcasm is my mantra.
etowngangsta is offline   Reply With Quote