CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
Tolley
GarnetSwarm1990
kingofnerf
ColaCock
SwampFox
TN game weather (1224)
Who is your favorite (948)
Aliens Are Real (452)
Marvel releases movi (429)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (423)
FSU vs. Louisville (328)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (274)
Need a ride tomorrow (196)
Brady Hoke Motivatio (171)
Talking Animals (145)
Who is your favorite play
Uniforms for Tenn
Have you ever been so wro
Interesting quotes from D
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
TN game weather
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
Cavs vs. Bulls
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 05-19-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default AT&T buys Direct TV, impact on SEC network

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...rectv/9247795/

It will be long after the SEC network launches that this deal is finalized, and until then these are two independent companies. But does it say anything about a DirectTV move to get the SECN?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...or-sec-network

I know the bleacher report is not known for being a great newsource but this is a pretty good article. Some interesting points:

1. The Big10 network was available to a little over 16 million homes at launch. The SEC Network is already available to 19-20 million, and the carriers are still signing up.

2. The month between SEC Media days and the college football kickoff is crunch time for your provider if they aren't carrying the SEC Network. If they don't have it by then they will not be a part of ESPN's major push on all fronts to get people signed up. And when ESPN has an agenda, it gets noticed...
Old 05-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
USCCO2009
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1355366
USCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudly
Default Re: AT&T buys Direct TV, impact on SEC network

Yeah I am very curious as to whether DirecTV picks up the SEC network now. I just sent Directv an email asking if there were any plans to make it happen. I told them that I would not hesitate to switch to DISH Network if they weren't going to carry the SEC Network. I will post an update on here as soon as they get back to me.
USCCO2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #3
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

I'm buying a house and moving in mid June. I will probably wait till August to add cable just to have all my choices available.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #4
USCCO2009
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1355366
USCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudly

Wow, I got a response in 5 minutes. It sounds promising:

Subject
SEC Network
Administrator
We strongly believe every SEC fan should have access to the SEC Network on DIRECTV and customers can rest assured that is our goal as we continue our discussions with the owners of the channel. Contract talks happen on a different timetable with each TV provider, so unlike our competitor, we have really just begun our discussions and hope to have an update on status as we move closer to the network's launch in August.

For more information please visit directvpromise.com.

Sincerely,
DIRECTV Customer Care
Daniel Howard
I have been a DIRECTV customer for over 2 years and am wondering if DIRECTV has any plans to carry the SEC Network this fall. I am a huge SEC football fan and will not hesitate to switch to DISH Network if the SEC Network is carried by them and not DIRECTV. Can you please let me know if there are any expectations of this agreement coming to terms? If not, I will begin talking with DISH Network. Thanks very much.
USCCO2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:29 PM   #5
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I'm sure it will pan out before opening night.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:10 AM   #6
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
I'm sure it will pan out before opening night.
This. The channel vs the TV provider... this isn't the first time this has happened... remember when everyone was freaking out bc we were going to lose ESPN a few years ago. All the worrying about the SEC Network is getting annoying AF. Chill out, people.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #7
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

All due repect for AT&T, Dish and whatever, but TWC better get their game "ON"
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:06 AM   #8
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Technically, the deal has only been announced as plans for AT&T to acquire DirectTV via shares (even though both the AT&T and DirectTV boards have voted to approve). The deal still needs FCC / FTC / Justice Department approval, just like the Comcast / Time Warner deal.

There's the possibility that neither deal will ever happen.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #9
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Technically, the deal has only been announced as plans for AT&T to acquire DirectTV via shares (even though both the AT&T and DirectTV boards have voted to approve). The deal still needs FCC / FTC / Justice Department approval, just like the Comcast / Time Warner deal.

There's the possibility that neither deal will ever happen.
AT&T purchase of DirecTV being approved is more of a probability than a possibility.

Comcast / TWC on the other hand, is not.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:30 AM   #10
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
AT&T purchase of DirecTV being approved is more of a probability than a possibility.

Comcast / TWC on the other hand, is not.
exactly.....totally separate deals with different situations. the AT&T - DTV deal actually helps the consumer save money when bundling phone, Internet and TV.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote