CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
B-G
GregoryHouse
JaxcockFL
JerseyBird
doubledribble
usc1
Regalcock
The Yancey
gamecockgal
2014 Subway Classic: (1859)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1194)
Former Gamecock root (1192)
Franks boy's are pla (863)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Four USC Basketball (660)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (483)
Bowl packages (412)
Kentucky is dominati (408)
Chance of my lifetim (345)
Bruce!!!
Has the window closed for
The Vent and Coaching cha
How Long Will The Rebuild
Decommitment from Texas A
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Kentucky is dominating UC
Question for those who ha
Franks boy's are playing

Old 05-20-2014, 11:26 PM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly
Default SEC Network

Will sec network be available on watch ESPN app? Trying to figure out if I can watch them on Apple TV via watch espn
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:01 AM   #2
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Will sec network be available on watch ESPN app? Trying to figure out if I can watch them on Apple TV via watch espn
I don't think so.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:08 AM   #3
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly

This is what their website says:

Will I be able to watch the network on my mobile phone or similar device?

Yes. The SEC Network will be available on computers, tablets, mobile phones and other consumer devices like Xbox to fans who receive their video subscription through an affiliated provider. The aim is to make this content available to fans anytime, anywhere, similar to how the WatchESPN application works today.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:43 AM   #4
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

So it's not through ESPN, it's like ESPN. They key is "affiliated provider." If you are on ATT Uverse you can use the app, but if you've got a carrier that hasn't ponied up, you will have to find, ah, alternate methods.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:53 AM   #5
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I have time warner cable. I'm assuming they will pick it up. Especially since the Network is based in Charlotte and charlotte is a big market for time warner
Old 05-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #6
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I have time warner cable. I'm assuming they will pick it up. Especially since the Network is based in Charlotte and charlotte is a big market for time warner
Time Waner may not pick it up by the first game. Most of the people at Time Warner are trying to figure out if they'll have a job when the merger with Comcast goes through. Time Warner also doesn't want to sign a deal with ESPN that could jeopardize this buy out with Comcast. TWC is also shedding members right now to Charter in order to keep them from trying to block the merger, I read it as 3.9 million members.

Anyways, as far as TWC, they are more concerned with the Comcast buyout than the ESPN deal.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:18 AM   #7
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

It will probably be added to the SEC Digital Network app.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #8
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 355
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

WYFF said that people in the Pickens community should be able to pick it up on the rotary antena in the trailer park comunities. However you will need to add the 1/4 roll of foil to the rabbit ears.
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #9
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I've got a bad feeling about the availability without paying extra somehow. The whole sports entertainment industry is in a big money-grab mood. Teams rip their fans off with seat fees, inflated ticket prices, and perks aimed at big spenders, so they are likely to be restrictive about broadcasts unless paid in some way - despite the commercial sponsorship money that makes games about 20-30 minutes longer.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:14 PM   #10
WeCocky
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 508
WeCocky has hatched from the shell

If for some reason we dont get it, where else could we see the game at? I may be watching online
WeCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:55 PM   #11
Who
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 909259
Who has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spurs

hopefully since its not through WatchESPN it'll work with my chromecast
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #12
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
hopefully since its not through WatchESPN it'll work with my chromecast
Yeah I'm considering an Apple TV so I'm hoping I can get it through there
Old 05-22-2014, 12:20 AM   #13
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

My best guess, the first year will be free. Next year is when that they make us pay 300 dollars, and then you can watch it, the money crap begins.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Last edited by Gamecocks1137; 05-22-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:25 AM   #14
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

So if AT&T does buy DirecTV, will the DTV subscribers get it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:48 AM   #15
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
So if AT&T does buy DirecTV, will the DTV subscribers get it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Yes, and by the way AT&T has already bought Direct TV for roughly less than 50 billion dollars.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #16
snruter amabon
Blue Chip

Male

snruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot material

I call & request it on DirectTV on a weekly basis