CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
GregoryHouse
zcoop
Badazcock
roosterdude21
Jdallen20
Gamecocks1137
Yearofthegamecock
Blackland
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (14260)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1831)
Simple "yes&quo (1383)
Phil Steele just pre (1081)
Garcia: Change the R (647)
TeMarcus Blanton (642)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (302)
Anybody just have th (296)
Wallpaper & Back (255)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
WET PAPER SACK DEFENSE
Anybody just have that &q
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Bama @ Tennessee
Turtle Beach
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g

Old 05-24-2014, 02:39 AM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 Commitment - Antoine Wilder

Defensive Back from Atlanta, Georgia

A guy to keep an eye on, per TBS.

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Antoine Wilder

Big time talent. If he gets those grades right will end up being heavily recruited.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #3
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

What type of player is Wilder, in his own words?
"I'm a man-to-man type of guy," Wilder says. "I need to work on my off-man. I love bltizing. I'm a physical safety. I love catching people coming across the middle. That's my type of game. I'm like an Earl Thomas, Ed Reed-type of guy."
While the attention that the schools show will ultimately play a major part in his recruitment, there are five programs Wilder has strong interest in early on. He gave his thoughts on why he likes each.
Georgia: "Probably because it's close to home. Coach (Bryan McClendon is a) good coach and good friend of ours. My mom loves Georgia. She's sold. She wants to sign."
Miami: "Just the history, the background, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, just what they've done. I really like the city."
South Carolina: "Coach (Grady) Brown and Coach (Lorenzo) Ward -- I love those two guys right there. Coach Brown, he loves me, I've got to go to camp June 13. They're definitely top five. My boy Arden (Key), he loves it."
4gamecockfb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:17 AM   #4
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Looks like UGA is the favorite from those comments but (FWIW) Kornblut is saying Gamecocks could land a commitment should we make an offer today.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #5
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Looks like UGA is the favorite from those comments but (FWIW) Kornblut is saying Gamecocks could land a commitment should we make an offer today.
Yea, but i doubt he gets a UGA offer at this point, we are the only big name school showing interest.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:18 PM   #6
gamecockclint
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudly

Committed per GCC!
gamecockclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:18 PM   #7
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Chris Clark ‏@GCChrisClark 4m Atlanta (Ga.) Hapeville Charter CB Antoine Wilder has committed to USC.
Welcome to the Gamecocks Antoine!!
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #8
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
[url="https://twitter.com/GCChrisClark"][b]Welcome to the Gamecocks Antoine!!
Arden Key transferred and now Antoine is now a teammate of his, correct?

Nonetheless, Welcome to the Cocky family!!

jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #9
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post

Correct.
It will be interesting to see how having Key as a pass rusher will effect Wilder's stats...maybe get some more INT opportunities.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #10
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post

Correct...Key said he was going to recruit for USC, and apparently this is the 1st one. Another under-the-radar prospect...
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:20 PM   #11
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 Commitment - Antoine Wilder

Everything I've read about this guy is that he is a beast.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #12
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Everything I've read about this guy is that he is a beast.
Is the reason that he's not ranked due to grades?
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #13
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
Believe so. He just recently projected to qualify.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #14
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
No. He was injured nearly all last season.
I have heard some schools haven't jumped on him yet because he is a question mark in the classroom though.
But who knows, this commitment could give him the motiviation to get his grades in order.
Two-time National Champs

Old 06-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #15
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Chris Clark just wrote this on a follow up to his commitment.

Quote:
Wilder comes from a program that is still relatively new and just got his academic situation straight recently which has contributed to him being under the radar.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #16
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
No. He was injured nearly all last season.
I thought that was Jalen Henry who was injured most of last season (broken foot) which affected his ranking and possibly his offer sheet.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:29 PM   #17
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Highlight video.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1752962/...ghts/137207375

Noticed one thing...he plays with a swag-like mentality. Good at open field tackles and playing angles.
The only downside, I'd like to see more how he does in ballhawking...granted the team he plays for is using him as a single safety, so hard to ballhawk in that type system.

Also, need to see him work on wrapping up more consistently...right now is more of a hitter and less of a tackler (unlike Jalen Henry's tape).

Looks like a solid prospect...reminds me a little of Brison Williams when he first got here.

Right now, I'd project this guy as a SS.

Looks like a solid prospect to grow in our system.
Two-time National Champs

Old 06-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #18
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Welcome to the family!
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:43 PM   #19
davisd9
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Wilder gets Gamecock offer and joins class

BY PHIL KORNBLUT

DB Antoine Wilder (5-11 175) of Atlanta became USC's third commitment in two days when he accepted an offer while at camp on Friday. Wilder is a teammate of USC defensive end commitment Arden Key and went into the camp hoping for an offer so that he could join his friend with the Gamecocks.

"It's SEC football," Wilder said. "They only lost two games last year. They are championship bound, and the way the recruiting class is going this year is great."

Wilder plays safety and corner in high school but expects to be a corner with the Gamecocks. And he believes he'll have no trouble fitting into USC's base 4-2-5 scheme.

"They run the same defense we run in high school," he said. "I wouldn't have to change up any scheme. They are aggressive and play a lot of man and that's what I love. I don't like to play conservative. I don't like to back off. I want to go after it."

Last season Wilder had 122 tackles and 2 interceptions.

He's the Gamecocks' 16th commitment for the 2015 class and the second for the secondary
Nice little read on the commitment.
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #20
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Whats his star projection?
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote