CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
garnet_black215
CockyRyan
Master Bedroom
Gamecocks1137
Spurticus
GamecockSuperFan
Regalcock
MWard
WeStillOwnUSC
Clemson Recruiting.. (3550)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1599)
Ranking the Opposing (1497)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1243)
Not a Rival.. (1104)
Gamecock Coaches as (972)
NCAA Football 15 (600)
Hello Gamecocks! (559)
Marching band (479)
John Rocker at rock (429)
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
2015 - Mon Denson
Green and Lammons
SEC Recruiting Advantage
Gurley or Davis
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Galaxy vs Seatle
John Rocker at rock botto

Old 05-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default How much does the perfect arcade cost?

http://www.wired.com/2014/05/arcadia/?mbid=social_fb

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly
Default Re: How much does the perfect arcade cost?

If cost or space wasn't a factor, then what would be in your personal arcade?

Here is mine:

Pac-man
X-men
TMNT
Galaga
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
Blitz
Super Street Fighter II
Teken Tag Tournament
Some type of sit down racing game
Basketball game
Pool table
Air hockey table
The big bubble foosball hockey table
Standard foosball table
Skee-ball
Bowling game
Some type of shooting/huting game
Baseball pinball machine that disperses baseball cards.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

It is funny this thread came up...I was looking this morning at purchasing a golden tee machine for my basement. I love that game and it would be the only one that i would buy at this time. Sure there are lots of games that would have nostalgic value, but that is my favorite game today...
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #4
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

My arcade currently has:

Golden Tee 2014 LIVE
Silver Strike Bowling '07
Slugfest (pitch 'n bat)
TRON LE (pinball)
Star Wars (pinball)
NBA Hangtime & NBA Jam TE (4 player cabinet)
NFL Blitz '99 (2 player cabinet)
Carnival King (shooter)
A custom arcade cab with an Xbox 360 serving as a multicade
Air Hockey table
Foosball table
Pool table

I have, in the past, owned probably 10 other pins, a few more shooters, and a Daytona USA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #5
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
My arcade currently has:

Golden Tee 2014 LIVE
Slugfest (pitch 'n bat)
TRON LE (pinball)
Star Wars (pinball)
Carnival King (shooter)
Air Hockey table
Foosball table
Pool table

I have, in the past, owned probably 10 other pins, a few more shooters, and a Daytona USA.

that combined with your Xbox1, PS4, PS3, 360 your setup is pretty sweet :)
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #6
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
that combined with your Xbox1, PS4, PS3, 360 your setup is pretty sweet :)

thanks.

but i sold the ps3 after about a week of owning it...actually used the money to buy that daytona usa i mentioned earlier.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #7
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Quote:
My arcade currently has:

Golden Tee 2014 LIVE
Slugfest (pitch 'n bat)
TRON LE (pinball)
Star Wars (pinball)
Carnival King (shooter)
Air Hockey table
Foosball table
Pool table

I'm bringing my kids to your house when they get older instead of Frankie's Fun Park lol.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:35 PM   #8
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cool Re: How much does the perfect arcade cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
I'm bringing my kids to your house when they get older instead of Frankie's Fun Park lol.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #9
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

When my sister worked at O'Charlie's once, they had this Star Wars arcade game that I fell in love with...I would I could remember what it was called.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #10
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
When my sister worked at O'Charlie's once, they had this Star Wars arcade game that I fell in love with...I would I could remember what it was called.

if i had to guess:

Old 05-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #11
MB_Gamecock
Mudda Fricka

Male

CockyCash: 1837742431
MB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot material

I work for Rosemary Coin in Myrtle Beach. We also buy and sell. Check out Legacy coin on Facebook if interested.

#YanceyForMod
MB_Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #12
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

oh, and i've got this on order...supposed to start manufacturing in july and i hope to have it by the end of the year. i'm in for LE #305 (same number as my TRON LE).

can't wait.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #13
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Can you take pic of your golden tee setup? Do you have the live membership for it? I really want it bad but convincing the wife may be impossible
Old 06-04-2014, 09:28 PM   #14
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
Can you take pic of your golden tee setup? Do you have the live membership for it? I really want it bad but convincing the wife may be impossible

yes, i have the live membership. it's $100/year for unlimited online gaming...every club set, every ball set, unlimited golden tees and golf balls...all the clothing options...youtube uploads, stat tracking, live tourneys...everything that the bars have except the pay tourneys.

it's so worth it.

here's my GT 14. another cool feature when you have your own online machine is that you can set up custom attract mode screens...i have a bunch of usc wallpapers and a custom "luther arcade" screen that a buddy of mine made for me:

here's the guts...i have a range extender in the base of the cab which allows me to game wirelessly:

and on the side i have all of my golden tee cards for me and my friends/family, ready to slide for stat tracking:

and just in case you were interested, here's my sliver strike...set up in the arcade proper in a pedestal unit as well...both with 40" TVs:

Old 06-05-2014, 01:09 PM   #15
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

Quote:
yes, i have the live membership. it's $100/year for unlimited online gaming...every club set, every ball set, unlimited golden tees and golf balls...all the clothing options...youtube uploads, stat tracking, live tourneys...everything that the bars have except the pay tourneys.

it's so worth it.

here's my GT 14. another cool feature when you have your own online machine is that you can set up custom attract mode screens...i have a bunch of usc wallpapers and a custom "luther arcade" screen that a buddy of mine made for me:

here's the guts...i have a range extender in the base of the cab which allows me to game wirelessly:

and on the side i have all of my golden tee cards for me and my friends/family, ready to slide for stat tracking:

and just in case you were interested, here's my sliver strike...set up in the arcade proper in a pedestal unit as well...both with 40" TVs:

That is freaking sweet...thanks for sharing...love the screen shot!
Old 06-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #16
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
That is freaking sweet...thanks for sharing...love the screen shot!

thanks. and no problem. i hope your wifey can be convinced...if you're a GT fan at all, you'll absolutely LOVE having an online-enabled one in your home.

i had a GT: Complete for several years and played the hell out of it...then upgraded to GT '11, but it was offline only. with the new balls, clubs, clothing, etc, playing online really is the only way to go...and being able to actually compete with real players each and every time you fire up a game is totally where it's at.

good luck. let us know if you score one.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:42 PM   #17
unccgamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
unccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spurs

diehard can you just make a "mancave" topic? lol i'm interested to see your set up
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:50 PM   #18
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cool Re: How much does the perfect arcade cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unccgamecock View Post
diehard can you just make a "mancave" topic? lol i'm interested to see your set up

ha. i may take some pics and do that...kind of a mess right now as my star wars pinball is torn apart for repairs and my air hockey table is serving as a storage unit for my wife's stuff she moved out of the kids' rooms this past weekend. ;)