CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JDJones
TAFC 5 1981
cockybreeyan
catdaddy66
ZenUSC
Master Bedroom
gocockswyn
etowngangsta
Salmon
roosterdude21
Spurrier on Pharoah: (4519)
Bowl projections (1684)
Why has there been 4 (910)
Odell Becham Catch (891)
No excuse for the D (760)
A little late to the (760)
Good Omen for Saturd (573)
Texas A&M Defens (471)
Spurrier Dabo Meme (405)
SC Women #1 in AP Po (343)
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Rebutting Dabo's Rant
Starting Lineup Announced
Why has there been 40 yea
Good Omen for Saturday?
Shaq Roland
SC Women #1 in AP Poll
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Bowl projections

Old 06-01-2014, 12:23 AM   #1
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 1080
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons
Default Who pitches tomorrow?

With us having to win 2 games tomorrow, who do you think toes the rubber in game 1. game 2 vs Terps, and Mondays outing. Yep, I'm optimistic

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:30 AM   #2
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who pitches tomorrow?

I kind of think with your backs against the wall you stick with Crowe tomorrow day. You can't look forward to the next game when there might not be a next game.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:38 AM   #3
Unknit
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Unknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talons

I am actually optimistic as well. I say tomorrow go with Reed Scott and then hope we only have to use one reliever. Game 2 go with Crowe and also hope we only have to use one reliever. Then for a game 3 hopefully we will have 2 or 3 guys left who can hold it together and take us all the way through.

I just took a look at the box scores from all the other games, and Campbell does not have a lot of reliable pitchers left looking at their pitching roster, as far as reliable pitchers are concerned.

Maryland has a little bit more left than them, but we still have more depth than Maryland. Maryland has used their best relievers fro what I can tell from their stat sheet. On the other hand, we still have Crowe, Mincey, Seddon, Reagan, Fiori, and Scott left. They all need to do a good job if we are to win 3 in a row, but it is not far-fetched to believe they can. I guess we shall see.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:50 AM   #4
jesse james
4-Star

Male

jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs

Definitely hold Crowe for the night game tomorrow.

What about Wynkoop though? He only threw two innings today . . . could he come back and throw the first game tomorrow or do you hold him for a Monday game?
jesse james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:56 AM   #5
Unknit
4-Star

Male

Unknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james View Post

What about Wynkoop though? He only threw two innings today . . . could he come back and throw the first game tomorrow or do you hold him for a Monday game?
He threw 45 pitches. That isn't necessarily a small amount, but I think in an emergency situation he could throw Monday for a couple of innings. I am no expert, but I am just guessing because at some point if you start running out of pitchers, you may have no choice.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:49 AM   #6
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james View Post

Wynkoop doesn't need to see the mound again this weekend. His last few starts have been meltdowns.

I'd feel ok with Scott in the day and Crowe at night. But, you can't just write off Campbell as an automatic win.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:39 AM   #7
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

If you cant beat campbell with scott you cant beat umd with him, which you would have to do to win the regional. Id go scott, crowe, wholestaff

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:53 AM   #8
SAETerrier
Habitual Line-Stepper

Male

CockyCash: 200
SAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot material

Scott for day game & Crowe for MD at night. No idea for Monday…probably good ole Johnny Wholestaff if we get that far.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:00 AM   #9
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Maryland has already used their top 2 pitchers in the regional: Stinnett who threw 118 pitches Friday, and Shawaryn Saturday (111 pitches). So the same questions apply for them. They have Jake Drossner who is their 3rd pitcher who has decent numbers (4-1, 2.45 ERA in 58.2 IP)....after that they don't have anyone with major innings. Throwing Crowe against Drossner Sunday night would be the optimal matchup for USC...

Campbell used Bowers in the Fri game (98 pitches), and Cedano Saturday (100 pitches). They have their #3 starter Koopman who is a Sr. and threw 96.2 innings this season, going 8-1 with a 2.79 ERA, so if Scott goes up against Koopman it could be a tough matchup. Then again Bowers was 10-3 on the year too and we got 9 hits and scored 3 earned runs against him, so....

Thing in our favor is Campbell also heavily used their closer Ryan Thompson, who pitched against both USC (36 pitches), and against Old Dominian (62 pitches). Beyond Campbell's starters and their closer, they don't really have a ton of depth in their BP, so IMO they will be fairly low in the tank tomorrow. Plus they have to be thinking, "what if we beat USC - what then? Who do we pitch versus MD?" They will also have some tough questions to answer tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Widener may turn out to be an unsung hero for us this regional by his efforts Saturday, saving the Gamecock bullpen. Beyond him only Seddon has pitched, and he threw 20 pitches Friday. We're pretty much at full strength, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Wynkoop make an appearance tomorrow vs Campbell - he only threw 45 pitches Saturday, and his arm should be fairly fresh. Not for an entire game's length, but for 3-4 innings he could do fine, sure. If we can somehow save him for Monday then that would be very favorable for us, as MD would have to scrap something together for their pitching...

The thing is we need to start tomorrow's games - both of them - with some fire and a sense of urgency. We fell into a hole due to Widener not getting it going, but after those first 2-3 innings we really outplayed MD the rest of the way. We just didn't do enough to make up for the early jump they took on us. Hopefully we jump on Campbell first....

I sure wish Evan Beal was able to figure his issues out this season, as his experience could've been very helpful for us in this situation. He was left off the post-season roster: I doubt we'll be seeing him play for USC again....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:31 AM   #10
Taylorspur
Recruit

Taylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spurs

Wynkoop's velocity is gone south. He pretty much is pitching batting practice plus he is now having defensive lapses. Go with the other guys if we are fortunate enough to get there.
Taylorspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:49 AM   #11
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I'd throw Reed Scott against Campbell, but I think Holbrook will use Crowe.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #12
tomtomusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 71000
tomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPit

throw scott, crowe and start seddon Monday

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android

Rendezvous is now on Twitter. Search Gamecockbar
tomtomusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #13
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1039000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Pretty sure we'll see Crow up first. I'd be stunned if that wasn't the case.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #14
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
That is what will happen imo. And there is a strong argument to be made that is what should happen. We also have a history of success doing just that. With all that, I wouldn't do it in this case (exhibit 1 as to why I'm not a coach). I would start Reed & keep him on a very short leash.

2nd place or 3rd place in a regional makes zero difference. Go with what gives you the best chance to win, not place. But as a coach, if you leave this regional with Crowe sitting in the dugout without throwing pitch one, you will hear about it FOREVER. That, and the fact that you must win game 3 to play game 4, probably dictates starting Crowe..
conwaycock2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #15
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113804578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
If you don't pitch him and we lose then it will be...bad.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #16
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

must win 2 today for it to matter. I would look at the match ups and decide but I would go with scott and if we win Crowe. tomorrow depends on who hasn't thrown.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #17
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Last time we saw Crowe (which seems like a month ago) he pitched an absolute gem. Don't want to be saying What If tonight. Gotta throw him against Campbell.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #18
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

nm....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #19
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

We solved that issue.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:15 AM   #20
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

CockyCash: 7567085
Ole Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot material

so who pitches tomorrow?
w
\.
" Are you playing your love games with me? "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxaP19pY1FI
Ole Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote