CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
NinjaSven
Rebel4ever
BlakelyH19
roosterdude21
Carolina-Beez
Cockyteg
kevhugh
eatlighting
Latti
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (31277)
Gameday in Columbia (1552)
ECU is a good team (1228)
Why we'll dominate C (988)
ECU is a good team (974)
Alabama vs Florida. (971)
Lammons out (880)
Mizzou-Hoosiers (606)
UGA is running over (507)
Mizzou-Hoosiers (485)
Is it possible for our Sp
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
how could we put up that
Spurrier not happy so why
Was Brandon Wilds injured
Our wide receivers were o
Christian Walker called u
Curse of the Chicken
Spurrier was Embarassed
Ducks-Wash St

Old 06-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs - Updated with Individual Rankings

Team Rankings Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...quarterbacks-6

Individual Rankings Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...espnapi_public

You know its a weird year when Ole Miss and Miss State are ahead of Alabama, Georgia, aTm, UF, and LSU..

Observations:

1) What is with all the hype about Maty Mauk? I just don't understand it.

2) Florida being rated ahead of us is a joke.

3) Is Alabama really hurting that bad that they have to rely on a transfer that isn't even in school yet? What happened to Cooper Bateman and David Cornwell?

4) LSU has the weirdest QB situation year to year I've ever seen. It seems to have been forever since they had "that guy" behind center.

5) UGA is in a world of hurt if Mason goes down.

6) Dak Prescott is a Heisman sleeper candidate.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 06-11-2014 at 11:56 AM.
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #2
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs

Maty Muak looked really, really good last year as a young player.

Driscol has the talent if he can be allowed to play to a system that is his strength, he did lead them to what...11-2 a couple years ago?
Old 06-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Mauk did look very good in some games, but not great in others. I wasn't too impressed with him when we played them. He was 10 for 25 for 249. That's pretty sad considering 96 yards came on one play. Take that out and it's 9 for 24 for 153. I'd still be happy to have him.

I'd probably switch us and FL, but other than that not a bad list.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #4
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Call me crazy but I think Worley could have a good year this year.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Old 06-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Eric you crazy. had to do it
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #7
petecock
Recruit

Male

petecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Call me crazy...
You are crazy.

(but possibly correct, which also makes you dangerous)

Beat Tennessee!
petecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:54 AM   #8
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
He is going to get beat the hell up with that brand new OL.. Envision David Carr when he was a rookie QB with the Houston Texans.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #9
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I don't get all the Hype about Mauk either. Dude had some incredible receivers to throw to last year. I was not impressed with him at all in our game.

Driskel, or however you spell it, didn't impress me when he was healthy. Don't see a huge leap from him this year.

Dylan is a wild card for most. He can be erratic at times, but he has the arm strength. Just needs to reign in the accuracy a bit.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #10
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
I don't get all the Hype about Mauk either. Dude had some incredible receivers to throw to last year. I was not impressed with him at all in our game.

Driskel, or however you spell it, didn't impress me when he was healthy. Don't see a huge leap from him this year.

Dylan is a wild card for most. He can be erratic at times, but he has the arm strength. Just needs to reign in the accuracy a bit.
Mauk threw 11 TDs to 2 INTs. He will be solid. He can also make plays with his feet.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:48 PM   #11
Helicopter Cock
To impress a chick

Male

Helicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...quarterbacks-6

You know its a weird year when Ole Miss and Miss State are ahead of Alabama, Georgia, aTm, UF, and LSU..

Observations:

1) What is with all the hype about Maty Mauk? I just don't understand it.

2) Florida being rated ahead of us is a joke.

3) Is Alabama really hurting that bad that they have to rely on a transfer that isn't even in school yet? What happened to Cooper Bateman and David Cornwell?

4) LSU has the weirdest QB situation year to year I've ever seen. It seems to have been forever since they had "that guy" behind center.

5) UGA is in a world of hurt if Mason goes down.

6) Dak Prescott is a Heisman sleeper candidate.
Yeah Driskell ahead of us is a joke; I also don't trust Bo Wallace as a QB and don't see the infatuation with him really.

Dak Prescott is the real deal.
Helicopter Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:51 PM   #12
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

I think it is the summer time optimism...talk to me a few hours after the Oklahoma game and I'm sure I will have a different opinion.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #13
sunbeam
Recruit

Male

sunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talons

Driskel really could be a surprise this year. Inconsistent passer, but my god he can run.

I'm not sure Muschamp brought in the right guy to call plays though.

I'll say this though, if somehow Driskel had played for Auburn last year, I think he would have had as good a season as Marshal did.

Florida is a mystery. They've had a number of really bad for them seasons lately. Out of all the east teams I really think they are the one I most worry about losing to.

Yet they still have arguably the best talent in the east on the roster, even ahead of Georgia (I tend to think the talent is there on offense, they just have had idiots calling the plays).

No idea what kind of record Muschamp needs to save his job. The smart thing for Florida to do is dump him, and get someone with a better chance of delivering what is achievable there and actually doing it.

But I think Florida really could contend for the East this year. I think their defense will be the best in the East. If someone with a clue puts in an offense that is tailored to run the ball, eat clock, and run Driskel which is his true strength they will be a tough team to beat, particularly in Gainesville.

In short I am glad Malzahn isn't down there. Really, really glad.

If this is Muschamp's last season, wonder if they would pull on the Mullen string. If State has a really good year, and this is Muschamp's last, I could see them doing it.

Last edited by sunbeam; 06-09-2014 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Corrected name
sunbeam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #14
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

I can't stand the Dak Prescott hype. Heisman candidate? I just don't see how that's in any way possible when the best Miss State can do this year is what…8-4? That would include 3 straight losses to LSU, A&M, and Auburn. That's very likely too. I'll get off my Dak Prescott hate soapbox, but I just don't see him leading Miss State to anything worth bragging about this year…especially not a Heisman.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #15
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
I can't stand the Dak Prescott hype. Heisman candidate? I just don't see how that's in any way possible when the best Miss State can do this year is what…8-4? That would include 3 straight losses to LSU, A&M, and Auburn. That's very likely too. I'll get off my Dak Prescott hate soapbox, but I just don't see him leading Miss State to anything worth bragging about this year…especially not a Heisman.
He has work to do passing the football for sure but he ran for 893 yards and 13 scores last year. He is made for Mullen's offense and just a beast when he gets it going. I imagine he is going to be a 2,000 yard passer / 1,000 yard rusher this year with a butt load of scores.

Also State's schedule isn't too bad. They have to go to LSU and Alabama, but their other challenging games are at home.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:27 PM   #16
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
He has work to do passing the football for sure but he ran for 893 yards and 13 scores last year. He is made for Mullen's offense and just a beast when he gets it going. I imagine he is going to be a 2,000 yard passer / 1,000 yard rusher this year with a butt load of scores.

Also State's schedule isn't too bad. They have to go to LSU and Alabama, but their other challenging games are at home.
I just can't see him being a household name. Who would you compare him to? I see him as a poor nonreligious man's Tebow.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #17
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

USC should be higher. This is a weird year at QB though, lots of star power gone. Hard to rank them at all. I would say Driskel, individually, should be No. 1 right now. Marshall 2, Wallace 3, Thompson 4, Prescott 5, Mauk 6, then who the eff knows.

Mauk has a live arm so people are on his nuts.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #18
Helicopter Cock
To impress a chick

Male

Helicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockfight21 View Post
USC should be higher. This is a weird year at QB though, lots of star power gone. Hard to rank them at all. I would say Driskel, individually, should be No. 1 right now. Marshall 2, Wallace 3, Thompson 4, Prescott 5, Mauk 6, then who the eff knows.

Mauk has a live arm so people are on his nuts.
Uhhhhhhhhh, have we watched the same games???? Driskel is brutal. No way I'd put him #1.
Helicopter Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #19
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Last 3....TAMU, Arky and UK. Didn't use to be like that. UK used to have decent QBs and Arky (Ryan Mallett/Tyler Wilson) was a beast....TAMU=Johnny Football and Taneyhill.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #20
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter Cock View Post
Uhhhhhhhhh, have we watched the same games???? Driskel is brutal. No way I'd put him #1.
Driskel has a terrible offense to play with. The one year he had some decent calls and a few players, he was good. Compared to this year's crop, I think he has the most potential. He can make all of the throws and run. He can't stay healthy and his offensive scheme is horrible. If Spurrier had Driskel, Driskel would be a 1st team all american.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote