CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
catdaddy66
SMOTFS86
JaxcockFL
doubledribble
B-G
crowcutta
Regalcock
GregoryHouse
Franks boy's are pla (1652)
Has the window close (974)
Bruce!!! (818)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (717)
Kentucky is dominati (649)
Question for those w (578)
UFC Fight Night 58: (379)
It's that time of ye (216)
This one gets better (166)
Going to the Duck Bo (154)
My early Monday dinner .
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Going to the Duck Bowl?
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
The Vent and Coaching cha
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Franks boy's are playing
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Ali Hospitalized With Pne

Old 06-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Neutral Site Game to Remain at Fluor Field through 2018

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...062514aac.html

I have fun at Fluor and they throw a great party up there before the game. But what happened to the plan to move it around to the "4 corners" of the State?
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #2
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Neutral Site Game to Remain at Fluor Field through 2018

I don't think the game in Charleston was well received...I'm not sure why, though. Outside of Charleston & Greenville, are there any other facilities in SC that could handle the event?

They're demolishing the old Knights stadium, from what I understand. It looks like we're about to build one in Columbia, but that will never happen as it would essentially be a home game.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #3
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock1983 View Post
I don't think the game in Charleston was well received...I'm not sure why, though. Outside of Charleston & Greenville, are there any other facilities in SC that could handle the event?

They're demolishing the old Knights stadium, from what I understand. It looks like we're about to build one in Columbia, but that will never happen as it would essentially be a home game.
Well the "by ticket only" tailgate that was the brainchild of the Riverdogs GM was a bust, to put it mildly. Also we outnumbered them 2/1 easily. Otherwise I thought it was a great time. And I'll be honest...it as REALLY convenient for me :).

I don't really have a problem with Fluor. They have done it up right IMO the 3 times I've been up there for it. And we've won the game so that has helped me enjoy my time up there. As for the claim that it's not neutral being that close to Clemsux...hogwash! It's just that with the way the ballpark is designed they can't literally split it down the middle like you can at The Joe, which is why you have one group of the visiting team's fans all the way down in RF. And c'mon folks...as long as we keep winning, the orange clad folks get quieter and quieter. Both teams get 50/50 tickets to the neutral site game, so if you are mad that there is more of the other there, then blame your own fans for selling to those people.

They would never play one in Columbia at the proposed MiLB stadium that the Mayor wants so badly. The plan was Greenville, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, and one other area I can't remember (Augusta maybe).
Old 06-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #4
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Not thrilled with this. I don't mind keeping Greenville as a regular site for the game, but would prefer to see it go back to Charleston (or elsewhere) on occasion to mix things up. The idea of Greenville as a neutral site is a joke, anyway.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
Not thrilled with this. I don't mind keeping Greenville as a regular site for the game, but would prefer to see it go back to Charleston (or elsewhere) on occasion to mix things up. The idea of Greenville as a neutral site is a joke, anyway.
Lot's of Gamecock fans in the upstate.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #6
tomtomusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 71000
tomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPittomtomusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
really need to stop believing in that myth

Rendezvous is now on Twitter. Search Gamecockbar
tomtomusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:08 PM   #7
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtomusc View Post
really need to stop believing in that myth
Exactly. Tickets are split 50/50. If there are more Clemsux fans there, then get mad at GCC members who sell their tickets instead of going. The crowd is as close to 50/50 as you can get, much moreso than it was when the game was in Charleston. We outnumbered them 2/1. :)
Old 11-12-2014, 08:22 PM   #8
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

Quote:
Yeah it really isn't fair that we have a home-like advantage in 45 of 46 counties in SC.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #9
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Sparrow Stadium in Florence could hold it. I would love to see it too.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:22 PM   #10
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Sparrow Stadium in Florence could hold it. I would love to see it too.
FMU's stadium is nice, but they have like 800 seats and full capacity is less than 1800. That's way too small for the rivalry series, IMO.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #11
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockMomSC View Post
FMU's stadium is nice, but they have like 800 seats and full capacity is less than 1800. That's way too small for the rivalry series, IMO.
Makes it more exclusive :)

And besides, the point of the traveling around is to visit the different larger cities. Not everyone of those is going to have a stadium that holds 5k+
Old 06-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #12
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Makes it more exclusive :)

And besides, the point of the traveling around is to visit the different larger cities. Not everyone of those is going to have a stadium that holds 5k+
So poster from Florence really wants game in Florence? ;)
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #13
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockMomSC View Post
So poster from Florence really wants game in Florence? ;)
Only if you agree to take all the complaint calls from folks who can't get tickets b/c the stadium is so small. ;)
Old 06-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #14
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

what about where the Mermen play?
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #15
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Myrtle Beach would be a great locale, but that is a haul from/to "North till you smell it, West till you step in it".

Last edited by USCBatgirl21; 06-25-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #16
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material

I wish they would rotate and come to the beach.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:52 PM   #17
SAETerrier
Habitual Line-Stepper

Male

CockyCash: 200
SAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot material

Was really hoping for The Joe to be in the rotation soon. Dang.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:39 PM   #18
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

North Augusta is going to have a brand new stadium in 2016...
Old 06-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #19
scfastpitch
Two Deep

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
North Augusta is going to have a brand new stadium in 2016...
Has that been finalized ? I think there was a lawsuit trying to stop it at one point .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #20
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

The Athletics Dept is apparently also looking at a Carolina - NoCar neutral site game at BB&T Ballpark here in Charlotte in 2016.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote