CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
SMOTFS86
Cockypantherfan
gamecockphan
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
CoverTwo
l^l^lBGCock
robgusc76
Spurrier on Pharoah: (4058)
USC/clemson spread (1758)
In case no one saw.. (1413)
Bowl projections (1135)
Odell Becham Catch (697)
Why has there been 4 (675)
A little late to the (670)
Tiger Burn (508)
2010 Clemson-Carolin (363)
Texas A&M Defens (359)
Why has there been 40 yea
Odell Becham Catch
No excuse for the D this
Bowl projections
Charlotte Hornet Basketba
Texans getting frustrated
The Defense
Props to Volleyball!
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Spurrier Dabo Meme

Old 07-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
Kaka
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material
Default Germany or Argentina?

Since Americans have a lot in common with Germans I wonder who would get more support from the few Americans that will watch the final.

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #2
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

CockyCash: 500
TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Germany or Argentina?

Locker room?
Old 07-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #3
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Deutschland naturlich!

Many reasons for me personally:

Some German heritage
Took German in high school/college (still know a decent amount)
Miroslav Klose is my all-time favorite player ever since I first saw him in the 2002 World Cup
Overall have long considered Germany my favorite team after the USA

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
Deutschland naturlich!

Many reasons for me personally:

Some German heritage
Took German in high school/college (still know a decent amount)
Miroslav Klose is my all-time favorite player ever since I first saw him in the 2002 World Cup
Overall have long considered Germany my favorite team after the USA
Jawohl! Gehen wir Deutschland!

I've identified with Germany when it comes to international events not involving the US. I have a good bit of German ancestry and just completed my basic proficiency exam last semester. It's funny because in class we talked with my professor about his opinion on if Germany would do well and he thought they might but said it had been a long time since a European team had won in South America. Also, how could you not like the jerseys?
Old 07-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #5
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Germany too good.I say 2-0.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
Since Americans have a lot in common with Germans I wonder who would get more support from the few Americans that will watch the final.
You really are completely out of touch. many tens of millions will watch the final.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:21 PM   #7
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
You really are completely out of touch. many tens of millions will watch the final.
That would be a first, if tens of millions Americans watched. Seeing as the couldn't get tens of millions to watch the USA games.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #8
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
That would be a first, if tens of millions Americans watched. Seeing as the couldn't get tens of millions to watch the USA games.
usa portugal was 24.7 million viewers. that would be 10s of millions. though that might have been espn and univision i am not sure.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #9
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000420
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

Quote:
the few Americans that will watch the final.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
I really don't care about soccer and I have seen one match in my entire life (went to a San Jose Earthquake match) up until this WC. I have watched almost every match and will be watching the 3rd place match and final.
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #10
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 26222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Deutschland mit Leichtigkeit!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #11
Wingman
Gamecock baseball fan

Male

Wingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPit

I like Germany. They seem to rely on more of their players where Argentina relies heavily on Messi. Shut down Messi and you cripple their team.

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #12
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Oh look, now we have a thread in the Water Cooler about this. And even non soccer fans can even see what Kaka can't.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #13
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Pulling for Argentina. Don't like the Germans.

Though I think Germany will win.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:53 PM   #14
scgc2014
Walk On

Male

scgc2014 has hatched from the shell

I've got a little money on a bet on Germany to win the world cup that I made in Vegas two months ago, so I'm rooting for them!
scgc2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #15
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Pulling for Messi to win.
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #16
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
I'm intrigued by this.

And I'm rooting for Argentina.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #17
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
I'm intrigued by this.

Yea what does he mean by that?
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #18
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
I'm intrigued by this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Yea what does he mean by that?
If anything, Germany has more in common with Argentina.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #19
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

I think Germany wins 3-1
Old 07-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #20
Kaka
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

I meant a lot of German immigrants came here during the colony days, ancestry perhaps...

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote