CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
GregoryHouse
Master Bedroom
B-G
The Yancey
Travelin
rioninusc
A. Pilgrim
Connor to be backup? (1880)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (863)
Carolina ranked #21 (646)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (583)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (506)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (383)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (353)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (311)
Most Impactful Peopl (290)
How would a man writ (254)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
The Vent and Coaching cha
Connor to be backup?
Greatest Gamecock Players
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Most Impactful People Inv
Shot in the arm for the D
Greatest Gamecock Players
Carolina ranked #21 prese
Miami Beach Bowl Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 03:56 PM   #1
BiscoCocky
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
BiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervous
Default Is JD the most popular DE ever??????

Decided to watch some clips/read blurbs about Clowney's play last night, I found out something interesting. Seems like anytime clowney makes a big play the o lineman forgot to block/ he left him unblocked by design, which makes me wonder how awesome of a guy JD must be if olineman and offensive coordinators are calling plays to just to give him sacks and tfls. I honestly can't think of a guy who has been gifted more sacks in his life, I always knew/thought JD was a likable dude, but this is some next level stuff.

Good article about his skills-http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/08-17-14-jadeveon-clowney-crushes-the-johnny-manziel-overhype-steals-hard-knocks-stage-no-doubt-who-real-top-rookie-is/, great quote by dj, sounds like both guys are winning over the locals.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Re: Is JD the most popular DE ever??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
Seems like anytime clowney makes a big play the o lineman forgot to block/ he left him unblocked by design, which makes me wonder how awesome of a guy JD must be if olineman and offensive coordinators are calling plays to just to give him sacks and tfls.
Are you being sarcastic or are you serious?
Old 08-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #3
BiscoCocky
Recruit

Male

BiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Are you being sarcastic or are you serious?
I'm being sarcastic, clowney has literally been dominate outside of pass coverage. But for some reason he might be the most hated on Rookie in recent memory.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #4
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 104363
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

pretty sure he's being sarcastic... interesting article, but I had to copy/paste the link
Old 08-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Oh, you had me scratching my head for a minute there but I totally agree with you.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #6
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

JD did what he did without JJ playing. They will cost defensive coaches many hours of restless sleep and headaches.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #7
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I love seeing the hardcore haters eat their pablum! It happened wih Alshon ("he's fat and slow") as it happened wih Clowney ("he's lazy and doesn't care").

Ignorance from the ignorant.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:28 PM   #8
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

I just watched the sack and the big hit:

First, I'm not sure I understand the logic in trying to block him with a pulling guard without trying to chip him with a tightend or at least using the tackle to slow him up. He's to fast off of the ball for that, the guard didnt stand a chance.

Second, on that sack, he just made that veteran starter look terrible.
robgusc76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:33 PM   #9
BiscoCocky
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
I just watched the sack and the big hit:

First, I'm not sure I understand the logic in trying to block him with a pulling guard without trying to chip him with a tightend or at least using the tackle to slow him up. He's to fast off of the ball for that, the guard didnt stand a chance.

The guard has a deer in the headlights look as Clowney flies past him, I feel bad him bc that could've been ugly for the rb and he knew it.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #10
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Yes he did...
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #11
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

People say that because they just see him run right by O-linemen. They don't see that the guard was slow to pull and missed him on the TFL or that he just shot of the ball and ran around the tackle using leverage on the sack.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #12
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Last nights game made me buy a Texans hat.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #13
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1999829275
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Good article. Thought this was funny

D.J. Swearinger notes, "The last time I won was in Madden."
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #14
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Not yet.
Goofyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #15
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

I laugh when people say he wasn't blocked. There's a reason most of his big plays come from when he is untouched. Hes too frigging fast off the ball for the olineman to react.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #16
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

He's not as popular as I was in middle school, but he sure is getting close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #17
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Houston's opponents may not want to attempt draws against this line
Old 08-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #18
El Cid Ranger
Black Magic Squad

Male

CockyCash: 1172754
El Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
Decided to watch some clips/read blurbs about Clowney's play last night, I found out something interesting. Seems like anytime clowney makes a big play the o lineman forgot to block/ he left him unblocked by design, which makes me wonder how awesome of a guy JD must be if olineman and offensive coordinators are calling plays to just to give him sacks and tfls. I honestly can't think of a guy who has been gifted more sacks in his life, I always knew/thought JD was a likable dude, but this is some next level stuff.

Good article about his skills-http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/08-17-14-jadeveon-clowney-crushes-the-johnny-manziel-overhype-steals-hard-knocks-stage-no-doubt-who-real-top-rookie-is/, great quote by dj, sounds like both guys are winning over the locals.
http://houston.culturemap.com/news/s...top-rookie-is/

Pretty good read actually!