CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
donbgamecock
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
doubledribble
kingofnerf
ccured
Fight, win, kick a-- (1385)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1035)
The Gator Bowl wants (1023)
CFN prediction for a (936)
A simple defensive l (808)
USC will upset Aubur (804)
In-state QB talent (627)
This is War (399)
Texas athletic direc (390)
SEC Debate: Best can (352)
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
A simple defensive line &
In-state QB talent
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 08-19-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
USCswimming
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
USCswimming is learning to peck
Default Gameday Garnet Polo

I'm trying to get some garnet for gameday. Thought the sideline polos have been pretty cool in the past, but this years looks a little "shiny." Don't want to look like batman. The 2013 sideline with the palmetto camo was great but I guess they don't sell those anymore? Any suggestions?

Name:  bat.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  8.0 KBName:  polo.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  14.0 KB
USCswimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gameday Garnet Polo

You will not be able to find last year's version. I'm pretty sure they burn all the remaining ones when the new style comes out.

BUT IF YOU DO.. please let me know!

Also, I got the new style for this season. The material is different at the top, but it's not ridiculously shiny. I like it a lot.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

That's black, aren't you looking for garnet? Either way, looks sweet
Old 08-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #4
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

I hate this years version. They look so cheap, I looked at both garnet and black up close you can pretty much see through the top section around the chest its soo thin.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:10 PM   #5
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
I hate this years version. They look so cheap, I looked at both garnet and black up close you can pretty much see through the top section around the chest its soo thin.
Columbia is hot - that might be a plus
Old 08-19-2014, 05:36 PM   #6
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12+4=6 View Post
Columbia is hot - that might be a plus
I guess but they really do look bad, you have to see them up close. It almost looks like they ran out of material and just grafted the last part on with what was left over.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:09 PM   #7
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I like the look of that new UA polo, but at $75 I'm gonna pass on something 10,000 other guys are gonna have on. Give me one of the following for half the price:

http://www.amazon.com/Carolina-Fight...8480334&sr=1-5

http://www.amazon.com/Carolina-Fight...480334&sr=1-12

HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #8
vegasmark
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 210
vegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talons

Palmetto Moon in Mt Pleasant and Myrtle has some cool ones. I got my dad a UA black one without the seam at the chest for $55.

They also had the 2014 version but I didn't like it either.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:29 AM   #9
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
Wear a full black one in the sun in Columbia for an extended period you will be like give me some holes lol.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:48 PM   #10
SpuroftheMoment
4-Star

Male

SpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his comb

Check Addams book store or G&B Traditions. They sometimes have previous/older versions of the coache's polos on the racks at discounted prices.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:52 PM   #11
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

Just looked on G&B traditions and I see what you're saying. The black one doesn't look quite as bad, but the older ones are definitely better. Maybe Addams is still carrying them? I have the garnet one and white one from two years ago and it's about time for replacements.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:15 AM   #12
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

FWIW, I found the 2011 style on clearance at the Sports Fanatic in Haywood Mall in summer 2012. Original Price was something like $75, they had it marked down a certain percentage for clearance, and with my Lids club card (the store is owned by Lids), I got another percentage off. I ended up paying something like $30. They only had a black one in stock in my size, or I would've bought a garnet one too.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:31 AM   #13
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Make sure to wear either Khaki shorts or pants, don't forget flip flops either, or sandels with socks. And be a super prick about other people wearing jerseys, while you sip your wine and eat your cheese tailgating.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #14
SpuroftheMoment
4-Star

Male

SpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
, or sandels with socks. .

If you're wearing sandals with socks your probability of wearing a jersey goes up significantly.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #15
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuroftheMoment View Post
If you're wearing sandals with socks your probability of wearing a jersey goes up significantly.
Yeah, he lost me at the socks and sandals part.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #16
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Make sure to wear either Khaki shorts or pants, don't forget flip flops either, or sandels with socks. And be a super prick about other people wearing jerseys, while you sip your wine and eat your cheese tailgating.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:23 AM   #17
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Lots of stores still have last year's polo. The problem is they won't have a big selection and may not have the size you need.