CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rioninusc
PageUSC
Regalcock
QCB
KaneisAble
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
markp_vip
taylorssc
doubledribble
Our Defense? (2093)
Fight, win, kick a-- (888)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (793)
CFN prediction for a (716)
MMA: Holeve (Down Sy (486)
What happened to thi (433)
A simple defensive l (404)
Why I'm hopeful abou (402)
This is War (399)
Ranking Top HC jobs (385)
The Gator Bowl wants us!
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
calling all Gamecocks fro
2016 - Issac Nauta
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
A simple defensive line &
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
Our Defense?
In-state QB talent

Old 08-20-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default TAMU Starting CB Out For USC Game

Kinda evens out the situation I guess after us losing back-up CB Jamari Smith:

Quote:
A&M coach Kevin Sumlin said Wednesday that junior cornerback De’Vante Harris, with 18 starts over the past two seasons, is likely out for at least another month with a urinary tract “injury” – Sumlin has been clear it’s not an infection – after missing the past couple of weeks of camp with the setback.
“It’s a serious injury,” Sumlin said. “Without going into detail, I’d say he’s still a month away.”
http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2...1=0&25957103=0
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material
Default Re: TAMU Starting CB Out For USC Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post

That sounds extremely painful. He must have taken one hell of a shot to the old twig and berries.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
That sounds extremely painful. He must have taken one hell of a shot to the old twig and berries.
The Yancey can tell you all about the rehab on that!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
The Yancey can tell you all about the rehab on that!
You really didn't have to go there.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:22 AM   #5
SuperCockMaster
Banned

Male

SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
It could be a sex injury which is why the coach is being vague. If it happened at practice or from a hit to the area, it's not something you'd keep covered up.

My friend had a similar injury once where he went in at a bad angle and was wearing a crazy thing to keep his twig straight for a couple months. Said it was awful. It's not unheard of for athletes to have sex injuries. I remember a story about Prefontaine injuring his foot before a race that way.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #6
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster View Post
It could be a sex injury which is why the coach is being vague. If it happened at practice or from a hit to the area, it's not something you'd keep covered up.

My friend had a similar injury once where he went in at a bad angle and was wearing a crazy thing to keep his twig straight for a couple months. Said it was awful. It's not unheard of for athletes to have sex injuries. I remember a story about Prefontaine injuring his foot before a race that way.
That is what happened to me. Peyronie's Disease.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #7
BiggerLSUfan
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
BiggerLSUfan has feathers coming inBiggerLSUfan has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post

Don't worry the Aggies will claim this is a good thing and that the backup was better. Just like Hill is better than Manziel, Seals Jones is better than Evans, and Ogbuehi is better than Matthews.

All of their backups are better than their starters, and they get better each time they lose a starter.
BiggerLSUfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #8
BiscoCocky
Banned

Male

BiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerLSUfan View Post
Don't worry the Aggies will claim this is a good thing and that the backup was better. Just like Hill is better than Manziel, Seals Jones is better than Evans, and Ogbuehi is better than Matthews.

All of their backups are better than their starters, and they get better each time they lose a starter.
Truth.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #9
Chill98
Walk On

Male

Chill98 has hatched from the shell

Quote:

Your are too funny. It is easy to see that A&M has possibly gotten better at every position group since they joined the SEC. Manziel's recruiting class was 35th in the Nation. A&M has had classes ranked #16, #9, and #5 since they joined.

This team looks ridiculous right now. If USC thinks they will just run the ball on A&M, this may be addition by subtraction. Devante Harris was a great coverage guy, but his tackling was poor. I'm probably not picking them to beat South Carolina now that Armani Watts and Vic Davis are in the secondary, but they are going to give them a serious test.
Chill98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:48 PM   #10
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill98 View Post
Your are too funny. It is easy to see that A&M has possibly gotten better at every position group since they joined the SEC. Manziel's recruiting class was 35th in the Nation. A&M has had classes ranked #16, #9, and #5 since they joined.

This team looks ridiculous right now. If USC thinks they will just run the ball on A&M, this may be addition by subtraction. Devante Harris was a great coverage guy, but his tackling was poor. I'm probably not picking them to beat South Carolina now that Armani Watts and Vic Davis are in the secondary, but they are going to give them a serious test.
Having a high ranked recruiting class does not equal elite success. Take Georgia and Clemson for example.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:46 PM   #11
Chill98
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Having a high ranked recruiting class does not equal elite success. Take Georgia and Clemson for example.
It certainly doesn't hurt. A&M was hoping to redshirt some of their youth last year, but they were so much better they ended up starting them anyways. Now most of those players have gained between 10-30 lbs. and they have some playing time under their belts. Daeshon Hall only played half the season and only on rushing downs, but he almost led the team in sacks though he was 6'6" 225 lbs. He is now 6'6" 260 lbs. and playing the weak-side defensive end. They are likely going to line up both Daeshon Hall and Myles Garrett (#1 DE recruit, #2 player nationally overall) during passing downs.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:23 AM   #12
BiscoCocky
Banned

Male

BiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
It certainly doesn't hurt. A&M was hoping to redshirt some of their youth last year, but they were so much better they ended up starting them anyways. Now most of those players have gained between 10-30 lbs. and they have some playing time under their belts. Daeshon Hall only played half the season and only on rushing downs, but he almost led the team in sacks though he was 6'6" 225 lbs. He is now 6'6" 260 lbs. and playing the weak-side defensive end. They are likely going to line up both Daeshon Hall and Myles Garrett (#1 DE recruit, #2 player nationally overall) during passing downs.

Again nobody from ATM talks about how much weight they're gaining etc,
Old 08-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #13
BiggerLSUfan
Recruit

Male

Quote:

This team does look ridiculous without a defense. I will agree with you on that.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #14
BornAggie22
Walk On

Male

BornAggie22 has hatched from the shell

Quote:

LSU fan just sour that they lost what 18? underclassmen to the draft in the past two seasons and its finally gonna catch up with them this year.
BornAggie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #15
BiggerLSUfan
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAggie22 View Post
LSU fan just sour that they lost what 18? underclassmen to the draft in the past two seasons and its finally gonna catch up with them this year.
Not sour at all. I am happy we get guys to the NFL to complete their dream.

I think we lose 2-3 games this season. Is that catching up with us? Depends on your definition I guess. That is a great season for A&M. You guys acted like you arrived after finished 3rd in the SEC west.

All of these high recruiting classes you guys keep hanging your hat on...
2012 - LSU #14 A&M #16
2013 - LSU #6 A&M #9
2014 - LSU #2 A&M #5

So, by Aggie logic, if you guys are replacing players who were injured, left early, kicked off the team, etc...with better players then we are replacing players who left early with even better players.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #16
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
I believe you about not being "sour." However, I'm pretty sure you don't give half a crap about what dreams your former players are realizing.

Why did this thread become a SECwest debate? It's a free internet, but why not take this discussion elsewhere?
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #17
BiggerLSUfan
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
I believe you about not being "sour." However, I'm pretty sure you don't give half a crap about what dreams your former players are realizing.

Why did this thread become a SECwest debate? It's a free internet, but why not take this discussion elsewhere?
Just responding to the nonsense the Aggies are spewing. I was trying to keep this about yall's matchup, but they are attacking LSU with weak trash talk.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #18
Chill98
Walk On

Male

Quote:

I think we lose 2-3 games this season. Is that catching up with us? Depends on your definition I guess. That is a great season for A&M. You guys acted like you arrived after finished 3rd in the SEC west.

All of these high recruiting classes you guys keep hanging your hat on...
2012 - LSU #14 A&M #16
2013 - LSU #6 A&M #9
2014 - LSU #2 A&M #5

So, by Aggie logic, if you guys are replacing players who were injured, left early, kicked off the team, etc...with better players then we are replacing players who left early with even better players.
LSU fan...we are discussing the USC game. Aggie logic? Is LSU an AAU school? Are they among the top 25 in anything academic? Are they ranked 2nd in public Universities for producing CEOs (A&M is #1)? I believe the answer is no on all accounts. LSU is one of the worse schools in the SEC, so please take that Aggie logic somewhere else. I've worked nearly 15 years on cutting edge Space/Defense/IT technologies and there are Aggies everywhere. I have seen one or two LSU fans, but they received their degrees from much better institutions.

2012- A&M #16 USC #17
2013- A&M #9 USC #20
2014- A&M #5 USC #16 (#31 if you adjust for players who didn't qualify)
Old 08-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #19
BiggerLSUfan
Recruit

Male

Quote:
LSU fan...we are discussing the USC game. Aggie logic? Is LSU an AAU school? Are they among the top 25 in anything academic? Are they ranked 2nd in public Universities for producing CEOs (A&M is #1)? I believe the answer is no on all accounts. LSU is one of the worse schools in the SEC, so please take that Aggie logic somewhere else. I've worked nearly 15 years on cutting edge Space/Defense/IT technologies and there are Aggies everywhere. I have seen one or two LSU fans, but they received their degrees from much better institutions.

2012- A&M #16 USC #17
2013- A&M #9 USC #20
For a genius, you sure do have tons of punctuation and grammar errors. I know plenty of LSU grads who have Aggies working for them. Also, I didn't know this was an academic board. It's always great when people lose a football argument and resort to academics.

Secondly, since you have trouble following a discussion...an Aggie made a comment about LSU taking a step back due to players leaving early. I refuted. It is as simple as that.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #20
BiscoCocky
Banned

Male

Quote:

2012- A&M #16 USC #17
2013- A&M #9 USC #20

It's funny you aggies tout recruiting ranking like they mean something, only 3 programs in the last 3 years have won 11 games guess how many of them were ranked in the top 5 recruiting the previous 4 cycles, hint one and rhymes w slama. Why not mention recruiting classes before '11, I guess it doesn't fit your narrative. It's also funny that you guys hauled a good recruiting last year yet regressed and had more losses w those awesome new recruits, especially on defense. If you really think recruiting is the end all be all why does texas suck so bad since colt McCoy? How come southern cal, ucla, and Oregon get beat by Stanford when they have better recruiting classes? Miami is only the school outside of bama to have a number 1 class in the last 4 years, they can't win 10 games. One more time bc I know how thick you aggies fans are thick, you guys had your best recruiting class in 20 years last year.....................AND DOUBLED YOUR AMOUNT OF LOSSES!!! So yes hopefully you guys continue your awesome player development cycle and loss 8 games this year.