CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
KaneisAble
doubledribble
PageUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
thumpin big
b381l
TheUSCMike
kingofnerf
Busta out indefinite (1866)
SOS says his next st (1576)
Our Road Upset Wins (1462)
CBSSports SEC predic (737)
No easy road for our (617)
Roll call for Auburn (535)
Our Defense? (500)
University of Buffal (471)
Michael Sams done in (360)
Party like it's 1903 (256)
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
MMA: Holeve (Down Syndrom
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
2015 Commitment - Davon D
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts
To ANYONE complaining abo
Our Defense?

Old 08-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
Aggielicious
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Aggielicious has hatched from the shell
Thumbs up Howdy! - Tailgating question

Howdy!

I will be making the trip to Columbia next week with a couple of buddies of mine and wanted to see what the tailgating etiquette is like in SC. Being that this is my first away SEC game, I want to make sure that it is done right.

(Stating the obvious, we will not be disrespectful to your University, Alumni and fellow tailgaters. We want to have a great time!)

Any suggestions on things to do in regards to pregame?

How soon does pregame start for a 6 pm kickoff?

In my group, we are avid drinkers, do ya'll do any recreational beer pong, flip cup, corn hole... drinking games before the games? If so, would you all accept new challengers perhaps? ;)

We would like to join an SC tailgate with a charitable donation $$$, of course, or coolers of beer. Are there any rules in the tailgating area regarding alcohol on the premises?

If we were to show up with some 8 - 10 cases of beer, would we be frowned upon from crashing a tailgate?

Any information is greatly appreciated and we look forward to visiting you next week.

Gig'em!

Ags 35 - SC 31 (unless of course you have the "Wheel Route" in the playbook!)
Aggielicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #2
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb
Default Re: Howdy! - Tailgating question

You'll find plenty of hospitality and plenty of people will welcome you with open arms.

The one thing we do frown upon is someone drinking all our liquor. Don't do that.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
highstick
Recruit

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

We do not have any alcohol around the stadium! Burp!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #4
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

You show up with that much beer and you'll get fed.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #5
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
You show up with that much beer and you'll get fed.
and then some haha
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #6
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

You can drink all you want across the street from the stadium. Smoking may cause you some problems though. I don't think you will have a problem "crashing" a tailgate bringing that much beer. I don't really consider that crashing. Crashing is when people show up with nothing which happens all the time. I would probably bring something a little stronger than beer though, easier to carry.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #7
Aggielicious
Walk On

Male

Aggielicious has hatched from the shell

Thank you very much for the feedback!

I typically do not take liquor to games because the good stuff is usually in glass bottles, are there any restrictions towards glass bottles in the tailgating areas?

Are there restaurants or bars close to the stadium?
Aggielicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #8
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggielicious View Post

I typically do not take liquor to games because the good stuff is usually in glass bottles, are there any restrictions towards glass bottles in the tailgating areas?

There's a Bojangles, which has fried chicken. Pretty good food for a tailgate. Other than that, there's not much in regards to an actual dining restaurant. Most good bars are in the vista. Check out world of beer while you're in town. On another note, if you bring 8-10 cases you'll be welcomed anywhere.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:28 AM   #9
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:

You'll see some tailgater that have full stocked bars. There are no restrictions on glass where I tailgate. The one thing that I noticed about our tailgating that is so well enforced is that everyone picks up after themselves. I have been to a few other schools and it looks like a bomb blew up at the dump after the game.

Have a great time. You'll meet a lot of great people mixed in with your occasional dick weed.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #10
highstick
Recruit

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

Quote:

You really need to go to Five Points...great place to visit if you're from "out of town"! Do not miss Five Points under any circumstances...
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #11
gamecockhub
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 10251
gamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:

In addition to the aforementioned Bojangles, there is a new BBQ place called Cockpit BBQ on Bluff rd across from the fairgrounds. I have not been there so cannot give a review. There is also a waffle house on the other side of the stadium.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:54 AM   #12
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockhub View Post
In addition to the aforementioned Bojangles, there is a new BBQ place called Cockpit BBQ on Bluff rd across from the fairgrounds. I have not been there so cannot give a review. There is also a waffle house on the other side of the stadium.
It's a small room on the side of a gas station. Alright que, brisket is supposed to be awesome. Wasn't fond of their sauces.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #13
Agcentric
Walk On

Male

Agcentric has hatched from the shell

If we wanted to start tailgating 7-8 am, would we be able to park anywhere around the stadium?
Agcentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #14
l^l^lBGCock
4-Star

Male

l^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agcentric View Post
If we wanted to start tailgating 7-8 am, would we be able to park anywhere around the stadium?
Not anywhere but most everywhere.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:40 PM   #15
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:

Everyone else will have their glass bottles as well but tbh from 7 am to mid 5 something pm? You will be dead from the liquor I drink in that heat, beer is a safer bet with some shots mixed in when you lose your little beer buzz just to keep her rolling.

Party on man!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:42 PM   #16
BiggerLSUfan
Recruit

Male

BiggerLSUfan has feathers coming inBiggerLSUfan has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Everyone else will have their glass bottles as well but tbh from 7 am to mid 5 something pm? You will be dead from the liquor I drink in that heat, beer is a safer bet with some shots mixed in when you lose your little beer buzz just to keep her rolling.

Party on man!
7am is late for LSU fans to start tailgating.
BiggerLSUfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #17
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Liqour from 7 am to 5pm I would like to see it I am not talking about a couple shots an hour.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:52 PM   #18
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerLSUfan View Post
7am is late for LSU fans to start tailgating.
I drink Jack Daniels you telling me you can handle that for 10 hours straight you sir are lying.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #19
JulesWinnfield90
Walk On

Male

JulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his claws

8-10 cases? goodness gracious
JulesWinnfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #20
jgh35
Walk On

Male

jgh35 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesWinnfield90 View Post