CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
bcolinc
Cocked & Locked
Karl Childers
sflgc
ChickenButt
uscjd2004
TAFC 5 1981
snruter amabon
GarnetBlack&Blue
Haven't seen one unb (768)
Funny Golf Story Abo (763)
Can it get any bette (732)
Auburn Stealing Sign (675)
Defense Tackles (635)
Boo This Man... (456)
I used to like bush (395)
Gamecocks Traveling (275)
SEC East vs. SEC Wes (236)
georgia rewind... (227)
**official Vandy predicti
Can it get any better!
georgia rewind...
Well, as it turns out, we
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA@VAN
NCAAF: INDIANA @ MISSOURI
NCAAF: NORTH CAROLINA @ E
NCAAF: UTAH @ MICHIGAN SA
NCAAF: FLORIDA @ ALABAMA
NCAAF: CLEMSON @ FLORIDA

Old 08-24-2014, 01:53 AM   #1
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material
Default DJ Swearinger concusses Wes Welker

Peyton Manning was not happy about it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...024959832.html

Welker concussed by DJ

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ing-hit-helmet
Old 08-24-2014, 01:58 AM   #2
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit
Default Re: Peyton Manning has words with DJ Swearinger after hit on Welker

BS flag. Welker ducked and contact was made with Jungle Boi's shoulder.

What exactly was D.J. supposed to do?

The NFL is beyond ridiculous with some of these calls.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:00 AM   #3
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material
Default Re: Peyton Manning has words with DJ Swearinger after hit on Welker

Yeah, hit looked legal.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:17 AM   #4
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material
Default Re: DJ Swearinger concusses Wes Welker

First Dustin Keller. Now Wes Welker. DJ is a preseason killer. I don't think either hit was neccesarily "dirty".
YouCanNeverTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:55 AM   #5
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I went to that link and read the comments and defended DJ. What a bunch of whiners.

Fact: DJ is a bad man. Defensive coaches love him I bet as long as he doesn't get too many flags. I thought he kept his cool with Manning was smart too and don't blame Peyton really. He is just being a leader for his team.

Last edited by Regalcock; 08-24-2014 at 03:26 AM.
Regalcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:19 AM   #6
Take-a-Knee
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

I think he broke his fricken neck
Take-a-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:21 AM   #7
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

hopefully they dont fine him but i wouldnt be surprised, ive seen some hits that with no helmet contact and the defensive player still gets fined. incidental helmet contact where its not the defender's fault more often than not still leads to a fine. thats todays nfl.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #8
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
hopefully they dont fine him but i wouldnt be surprised, ive seen some hits that with no helmet contact and the defensive player still gets fined. incidental helmet contact where its not the defender's fault more often than not still leads to a fine. thats todays nfl.
He will get fined. The Texans coaching staff have had issues with DJ's undisciplined play.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #9
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
He will get fined. The Texans coaching staff have had issues with DJ's undisciplined play.

Tell me more.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #10
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Tell me more.
OK. Once upon a time, in the enchanted forest, Sleeping Beauty didn't like hearing about players getting hurt. So, she sent one of her fairies to talk to the Houston coaching staff about DJ. They obviously had a lot of respect for Sleeping Beauty, since she pretty much took down the evil witch (though you could also credit the prince too, but the years were not kind to him. He had grown fat, bald, and rumors had persisted that he had several flings with Cinderella). So, the staff talked to DJ about his behavior and play, in order to appease Snow White, who was now queen. However, DJ said that he wasn't going to take orders from some lilly white, narcoleptic, pacifist. Since then, the coaching staff has been unhappy with him.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #11
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:
Tell me more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
OK. Once upon a time, in the enchanted forest, Sleeping Beauty didn't like hearing about players getting hurt. So, she sent one of her fairies to talk to the Houston coaching staff about DJ. They obviously had a lot of respect for Sleeping Beauty, since she pretty much took down the evil witch (though you could also credit the prince too, but the years were not kind to him. He had grown fat, bald, and rumors had persisted that he had several flings with Cinderella). So, the staff talked to DJ about his behavior and play, in order to appease Snow White, who was now queen. However, DJ said that he wasn't going to take orders from some lilly white, narcoleptic, pacifist. Since then, the coaching staff has been unhappy with him.
I get it, a fairy tale.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #12
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Tell me more.
I will try to find the link from last season. I was working in Houston and there was an article where his position coach criticized DJ for playing out of position and not playing with enough discipline. Said he gets burned too much by playing out of position. I will look at my calendar to find the dates I was in Houston and link the article.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:35 PM   #13
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
I will try to find the link from last season. I was working in Houston and there was an article where his position coach criticized DJ for playing out of position and not playing with enough discipline. Said he gets burned too much by playing out of position. I will look at my calendar to find the dates I was in Houston and link the article.
Well, he was a rookie. "not enough discipline" is to be expected of a rookie. Being out of position is more the coach's fault. It's the coaches job to put him in the right position. There is nothing "reckless" about any of that.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:41 PM   #14
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

Quote:
OMG!!! A defensive rookie out of position. Defensive rookies play out of position. They make mistakes. They're rookies. If a Texans writer needed a story last year it should have ran with their experienced QB forgetting what color uniforms the Texans wore.
YouCanNeverTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:19 AM   #15
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
The hit was clean, DJ is a heavy hitter and everyone knows it and plays with a lot of emotion. Coming across the middle to a receiver leaves him open to these types of hits. Welker is way too small to use in that situation. DJ was not head hunting on the play, just doing what he had to do to stop Welker. This is football, right? Hard hits happen!!

CockyCody is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #16
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyCody View Post
The hit was clean, DJ is a heavy hitter and everyone knows it and plays with a lot of emotion. Coming across the middle to a receiver leaves him open to these types of hits. Welker is way too small to use in that situation. DJ was not head hunting on the play, just doing what he had to do to stop Welker. This is football, right? Hard hits happen!!

This is the NFL. Stands for Ninety Flags Lobbed per game and he will probably get fined just because Peyton got her thong misplaced on that play

I've found the games so far close to unwatchable due to the number of flags.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #17
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Why is everyone focusing on the Welker hit, which wasn't too bad? I think Manning was more upset about the shot DJ tried to lay on the TD throw. IMO, that was reckless and unnecessary. He just dove like a missile for no reason. I would've gotten in his face too.

Ed Reed knew when to accept he was burnt on a play and let it go. DJ can't seem to do it.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #18
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Why is everyone focusing on the Welker hit, which wasn't too bad? I think Manning was more upset about the shot DJ tried to lay on the TD throw. IMO, that was reckless and unnecessary. He just dove like a missile for no reason. I would've gotten in his face too.

Ed Reed knew when to accept he was burnt on a play and let it go. DJ can't seem to do it.
It wasn't DJ that tried to take the receiver out in the endzone.

Peyton was mad at DJ for hitting Welker and kept jawing at DJ.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:52 AM   #19
Cocky Mike
4-Star

Male

Cocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post

Dj was on the other side of the field from the TD throw
Cocky Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:26 AM   #20
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit

Peyton beat Seattle in a preseason game this year, extending his 'wins when it doesn't matter.'
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote