CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
SMOTFS86
Cockypantherfan
Lonnie
taylorssc
gamecockphan
robgusc76
U-Dub Gamecock
CoverTwo
Spurrier on Pharoah: (4210)
USC/clemson spread (1948)
Bowl projections (1530)
In case no one saw.. (1490)
Why has there been 4 (820)
Odell Becham Catch (814)
A little late to the (720)
Tiger Burn (550)
No excuse for the D (528)
Texas A&M Defens (421)
Shaq Roland
College Football PSA (urg
eric berry may have lymph
No excuse for the D this
Odell Becham Catch
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
Good Omen for Saturday?
Dylan Thompson surpasses
2015 Commitment - Christi
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr

Old 08-26-2014, 02:55 AM   #1
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material
Default Bring a bottle of water

I mentioned this in another thread but wanted to make sure new folks and Aggies are made aware.

You are allowed to bring 1 unopened bottle of water into the stadium. I always freeze one to take in with me. It won't take it long to thaw Thursday.

Go Cocks!
YouCanNeverTell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:11 AM   #2
Colorado Cocksman
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Colorado Cocksman has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Bring a bottle of water

Size limit on the bottle? Liter okay?
Thanks
Colorado Cocksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:33 AM   #3
Texas_Aggies
Walk On

Male

Texas_Aggies has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell View Post
I mentioned this in another thread but wanted to make sure new folks and Aggies are made aware.

You are allowed to bring 1 unopened bottle of water into the stadium. I always freeze one to take in with me. It won't take it long to thaw Thursday.

Go Cocks!
Appreciate the advice, but this ain't our first rodeo. We're from Texas. We know about heat.
Texas_Aggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
Wkrice91
Blue Chip

Male

Wkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Aggies View Post
Appreciate the advice, but this ain't our first rodeo. We're from Texas. We know about heat.
You probably do know about the heat....but you don't know the Brice.
Wkrice91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #5
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Texas heat and the heat inside Williams Brice are two totally different things. Fans from all across the conference will tell you that W-B is the hottest place on the planet on game day. Seriously freeze you a big ass bottle of water and take it in with you.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #6
gamecocks24
Walk On

Male

gamecocks24 has feathers coming ingamecocks24 has feathers coming ingamecocks24 has feathers coming in

Quote:
What about humidity? Columbia isn't called the armpit of the south for nothing. Last year for the UNC game, their fans were shocked about how hot and humid it was.
gamecocks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecocks24 View Post
What about humidity? Columbia isn't called the armpit of the south for nothing. Last year for the UNC game, their fans were shocked about how hot and humid it was.
Houston is hands down the most miserably hot + humid place I have ever been. It is worse than Columbia, trust me on this. I lived in Cola for six years and this is my second summer experiencing the Texas heat.

Bringing in a water bottle is a great idea, especially after sitting out in the sun all day drinking.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:17 PM   #8
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Houston is hands down the most miserably hot + humid place I have ever been. It is worse than Columbia, trust me on this. I lived in Cola for six years and this is my second summer experiencing the Texas heat.

Bringing in a water bottle is a great idea, especially after sitting out in the sun all day drinking.
I agree; Houston is much hotter than Columbia because the humidity is much worse and the temperatures are about the same.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:29 PM   #9
Blackland
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

I spend a lot of time in Texas for work. Texas had some pretty girls. Texas has a lot of red necks. I served with some "Corps of Cadet" a-holes in the USMC and honestly I have more respect for Knobs than them, and this is saying something because I really have no respect for the Citadel as a military institution.
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #10
l^l^lBGCock
Blue Chip

Male

l^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Look at the arrogance.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:22 PM   #11
dixiecock
Walk On

dixiecock is learning to peck

hence their rally on our state house steps. You can't even be nice to some of these guys without a smartass response. Arrogance is the word. Funny how they were not quite so arrogant when they were in the same conference with The University of Texas.
dixiecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:20 PM   #12
dixiecock
Walk On

dixiecock is learning to peck

low humidity this week, will actually be nice unlike last year with high temp and high humidity.
dixiecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #13
Cocked & Locked
Banned

Male

Cocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudly

Quote:
Not your first rodeo huh and it won't be your last ass whooping in football
either.
Cocked & Locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:24 PM   #14
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Quote:
The thread isn't really about heat. Since you know nothing about the rules at Williams Brice, it's about informing your fans what can be taken into the stadium.
If you bring food, coolers, drinks, etc., they will be confiscated at the gate. (The gate is backed up by local and state police and a few National Guardsmen.)
He's trying to save you some trouble as you come in.
Have fun and be safe.
doc
Old 08-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #15
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Really you take this as a slap to your face? The op was letting us fans know that they are allowing an unopened bottle of water into the stadium. I guess you know the rules of every stadium in the sec. I have lived in Columbia for 5 years , I worked for A&M for 2.5 years so I got to travel to several of the campuses. They are all hot and bring their own thing to the table.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:02 PM   #16
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:

Serious question....Do you guys have the same type of humidity down there?
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #17
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that the OP was trying to inform you of the stadium policy on water bottles which you would have no way of knowing not start a pissing contest about the weather. This type of response to an informative post is why Aggie fans have a bad reputation on this board.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:49 PM   #18
JTJGarnet
Recruit

Male

JTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Then shove the bottle up your arse. You're from TX, so I'm sure you about that too.
JTJGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #19
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

Quote:
So you've been to Williams-Brice where fans are allowed to bring in a sealed bottle of water? I thought this was the Aggies first trip. My apologies.
YouCanNeverTell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:29 AM   #20
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell View Post
So you've been to Williams-Brice where fans are allowed to bring in a sealed bottle of water? I thought this was the Aggies first trip. My apologies.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote