CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
aftertwobowls
Sandstorm29
GarnetSwarm1990
robgusc76
rioninusc
Regalcock
GregoryHouse
The Vent and Coachin (8201)
Disturbing comments (3200)
2015 schedule is bru (2457)
UF lets Durkin go (2148)
2015 Early Enrollees (1684)
**USC Women vs. Hamp (1111)
SOS...a day late &am (1102)
The U ends apparel d (734)
Bobo to Colorado St? (720)
Keeping it all in pe (402)
2016 - John Simpson
2014-15 Early Enrollees
2015 Commitment - Dexter
2015 schedule is brutal
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 - Ulric Jones
2015 Commitment - Dante S
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
2015 Commitment - Ernest

Old 09-05-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default To any players reading the board

Look, I know some of you guys read this board. Based on that, you must think we're the most unhinged fanbase in all of sports.

Usually this board is home to some pretty level-headed fans, but after last week's loss to ATM it's become pretty much unglued. That's largely due to 1) unrealistic expectations, and 2) sub-par play on your part.

So I could certainly understand if you start reading some of the stuff on here and get a little upset. Even though there are board rules against it, there's been a fair amount of bashing going on and truth be told I vented a bit myself.

The thing that I want you to keep in mind is that this board is pretty much an outlet for many of us, so it's to be expected that you're going to see a mental dump or two every now and then. Also, this board represents probably about 2% of the Gamecock fanbase. At games when I ask someone if they post on CockyTalk I usually get a "huh?"

So there's that.

Regardless of what's been said, please understand we're all still behind you, we know you're working hard to get stuff fixed, and we'll all be out cheering loudly come Saturday.

Now go beat the hell out of ECU.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:20 AM   #2
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material
Default Re: To any players reading the board

I think our team will be out to prove something Saturday, in a big way.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:21 AM   #3
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs

I really don't think players and coaches waste their time with this kind of stuff.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

ABATTBQ11 is learning to peckABATTBQ11 is learning to peck
Lightbulb Re: To any players reading the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan View Post
I really don't think players and coaches waste their time with this kind of stuff.
Ours read TexAgs. Even Manziel has a username, though no one knows what is. Our former president, Robert Gates, used to read and post on there all the time. He posted a few times as SecDef too. You might be surprised who reads your boards.
ABATTBQ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #5
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABATTBQ11 View Post
Ours read TexAgs. Even Manziel has a username, though no one knows what is. Our former president, Robert Gates, used to read and post on there all the time. He posted a few times as SecDef too. You might be surprised who reads your boards.

Yea? Well, Roger Rabbit has a profile on here. He don't be posting much dough. But when he do, he speak hard truths. That's word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

Quote:

EXACTLY! They actually affect the outcomes of the game and could give 2 sh!ts what some Tuesday morning QB's on a message board think.

Win and SOS is a genius

Lose and we don't get good enough recruits.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #7
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 672
InletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Actually, they read this stuff quit often!
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #8
BlackMagic84
Esquire

Male

BlackMagic84 is developing his combBlackMagic84 is developing his combBlackMagic84 is developing his combBlackMagic84 is developing his combBlackMagic84 is developing his combBlackMagic84 is developing his combBlackMagic84 is developing his combBlackMagic84 is developing his comb

Quote:
^^^AGREE!

I personally do not think any current and active players waste time on these boards either.
Everytime they are asked about anything said in papers, on TV, etc, they always reply they don't pay that any attention. So, it's hard for me to believe that they come to cockytalk to get all the right facts. LOL whatever...

I also know the coaching staff stresses the importance of staying off and away of social media and related websites, especially during the season. (this includes message boards)

And I'll add this......if an active player is spending time on here, reading and believing anything they see on here or taking it serious and to heart........then they don't deserve to be playing major collegiate D1A ball in the SEC anyway.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:23 AM   #9
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
At games when I ask someone if they post on CockyTalk I usually get a "huh?"
There should be Cockytalk hats.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:46 AM   #10
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Old 09-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #11
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Wait...you guys didn't get one. I got one when I signed up. I also got an official Cockytalk football phone when I hit 1,000 posts.
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #12
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Or some kind of secret hand shake.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #13
ZipEmUp
FHRITP

Male

ZipEmUp is crowing loudlyZipEmUp is crowing loudlyZipEmUp is crowing loudlyZipEmUp is crowing loudlyZipEmUp is crowing loudlyZipEmUp is crowing loudlyZipEmUp is crowing loudlyZipEmUp is crowing loudlyZipEmUp is crowing loudlyZipEmUp is crowing loudlyZipEmUp is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Or some kind of secret hand shake.
There is, but you have to get Coach Mangus to show you that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V7IZ_jSn2M
ZipEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #14
HelleraisingCock
Team Optimist

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
HelleraisingCock has earned his spursHelleraisingCock has earned his spursHelleraisingCock has earned his spursHelleraisingCock has earned his spursHelleraisingCock has earned his spursHelleraisingCock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Hats??? No, where is the t-shirt guy when you need him. I saw him selling these at the A&M game. They were $25 before the game, $5 after the game.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:55 AM   #15
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit

IMO - I'm a member of CockyTalk because I want to get REAL insight and info on USC athletics. Not just the glossed over version that you get from the local print, radio & TV personalities that don't want to report the ugly truth of the matter. I get that--their jobs depend on the relationships they form with the coaches & those within the Athl Dept.

That being said, our CockyTalk community is a great place to discuss the good & bad about the football team's performance vs A&M (in this case). Most of us bring something of value to the discussion...from those who just love college football, to former college athletes, those whom have ties to USC players, coaches and administrators...even those who may know future Gamecock recruits.

Point being - bring something to this board of value...not just dumpster fire material like 'fire Ward now'...even in the vent threads. We're all equally ticked-off over the way we played...though we're not all equally innebriated when we post after a loss.

Some players will read the message boards, some won't. Those that do want to know what the fans perception of themselves or the team is.

So while I may say that RG position may have blocked poorly or the KR position is not being elusive enough to get the ball out past the 20yd line...I'll never drag an athletes name into any negative comments I might post. I wouldn't want to read negative comments that singled out my child's name. Just think that is crossing the line as a fan.

Apologize for rambling, just something I think just needed to be said...hey, we've got 11 more games to go and A LOT left to play for.

GO COCKS!!
Old 09-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #16
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgibson75 View Post

So while I may say that RG position may have blocked poorly or the KR position is not being elusive enough to get the ball out past the 20yd line...I'll never drag an athletes name into any negative comments I might post. I wouldn't want to read negative comments that singled out my child's name. Just think that is crossing the line as a fan.
So, saying Shon Carson is not being elusive enough to get the ball out past the 20yd line is more derogatory than KR position is not being elusive enough to get the ball out past the 20yd line?

I agree with everything else you wrote, but using a position that a player starts at versus a player's name does not absolve you from still being respectful and responsible.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #17
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
So, saying Shon Carson is not being elusive enough to get the ball out past the 20yd line is more derogatory than KR position is not being elusive enough to get the ball out past the 20yd line?

I agree with everything else you wrote, but using a position that a player starts at versus a player's name does not absolve you from still being respectful and responsible.
Totally get your point.

It's a personal preference. I wouldn't want Shon Carson's mom or family member reading anything negative posted by myself that singles out a particular player by name.

Hey, I try live by the golden rule (not always successful at it), treat others as you would like to be treated. Whether I speak it out loud or type it on a message board makes no difference.

GO COCKS!!
Old 09-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #18
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=87581

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread....ight=cockytalk
Old 09-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #19
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

can't see any of the pics.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:24 AM   #20
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote