CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
b381l
acejrock
NJCocky14
roosterdude21
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8055)
Super-Efficient Ax (334)
South Carolina @ Aub (288)
BREAD (269)
Starz Black Sails (174)
Dress shirt help (172)
BREAD
Connor Mitch
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2015 - Auden Tate
Josh Cunningham Power For
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
2016 - Greg Little
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
How to cut the mustard
Larenz Bryant update?

View Poll Results: Who are the best THREE linebackers?
John Abraham 288 69.40%
Ernest Dixon 88 21.20%
James Seawright 149 35.90%
Ed Baxley 11 2.65%
Dana Carpenter 13 3.13%
Scott Windsor 9 2.17%
Hank Campbell 89 21.45%
David Prezioso 27 6.51%
Paul Vogel 13 3.13%
Kalimba Edwards 251 60.48%
Corey Miller 99 23.86%
John LeHeup 15 3.61%
Other 27 6.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 415. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 10:43 AM   #1
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins
Default All-Time Gamecock Team - LB (Poll)

We have been focusing on offense, so I thought it was time for a defensive poll. Who are your top three linebackers? Remember to vote for three. If you vote other, please list who you voted for.

Here are the links to the other polls:

All-Time QB Poll
All-Time WR Poll
All-Time RB Poll
All-Time TE Poll
All-Time LB Poll
All-Time DB Poll

Invading stores now!!

Last edited by CockyHoskins; 01-07-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
morgan n' 7
somewhat unoriginal

Male

Signature: Award given for the best signature - Given for: having the best signature of 2005 
CockyCash: 400
morgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot material
Default Re: All-Time Gamecock Team - LB (Poll)

I went with Seawright. I almost went with Abraham, but when I think of him...I think DE. Yes, I know he played LB his last year ... But that was more of a DE/LB spot. He was up on the line way too much for me to consider him a True LB. BTW, same with Kalimba. I'd say Kalimba and Abraham are two of our best at DE.

Last edited by morgan n' 7; 08-19-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:22 AM   #3
hardcoregamecock
4-Star

CockyCash: 500
hardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervoushardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervoushardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervoushardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervoushardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervoushardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervoushardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervoushardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervous

I picked Edwards, Campbell, and Dixon. Edwards was the man of the modern era, and who cant pick the guy who stuffed tennesee's two point try for the win.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
conwaycock
Walk On

Male

conwaycock has feathers coming inconwaycock has feathers coming in

I went with Seawright ; Campbell and Dixon

Seawright was my favorite; and Campbell shuts down UT's chance at a comeback; and Dixon was Dixon...
Old 09-23-2005, 04:00 PM   #5
Mobile Ranger
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 501
Mobile Ranger is sharpening his clawsMobile Ranger is sharpening his clawsMobile Ranger is sharpening his clawsMobile Ranger is sharpening his clawsMobile Ranger is sharpening his claws
Send a message via AIM to Mobile Ranger Send a message via MSN to Mobile Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Mobile Ranger

How can anybody say Abraham is not the best? He is a beast!
Old 10-16-2005, 09:18 PM   #6
jabrahamfan94
Walk On

Male

jabrahamfan94 has hatched from the shell
Send a message via AIM to jabrahamfan94

hands down abraham... as you can tell from my name.. i'm kinda biased toward him.. but he was a great college player and now a great nfl player..
Old 01-10-2007, 10:01 AM   #7
Irmo Cock
Walk On

Irmo Cock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile Ranger
The only problem is Abraham was a DE not a LB, Dana Carpenter was a nose guard, and Kalimba Edwards was a DE.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:47 PM   #8
cockyhog
Walk On

Male

cockyhog has hatched from the shell

I like Kelimba Edwards, Lou called him the body bag.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #9
Trooperdel
Walk On

Trooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyhog
I like Kelimba Edwards, Lou called him the body bag.
That was actually Shannon Wadley who played for Brad Scott and Holtz. Kalimba and Lou didn't exactly see eye to eye.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:02 PM   #10
Trooperdel
Walk On

Trooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his combTrooperdel is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile Ranger
I guess you could, if you never saw Seawright or Prezioso play.

I won't vote for Kalimba because of his refusal to practice for Outback Bowl games. To be the best, you have to play.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:34 PM   #11
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

John LeHeup was left off and Corey Miller. I'll add them

Invading stores now!!

Old 01-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #12
buzzcock
Recruit

Male

buzzcock has earned his spursbuzzcock has earned his spursbuzzcock has earned his spursbuzzcock has earned his spursbuzzcock has earned his spursbuzzcock has earned his spurs
Send a message via AIM to buzzcock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyhoskins
John LeHeup was left off and Corey Miller. I'll add them
LeHeup was the only All American Carolina has had at LB that I know of.....it should mean he'd be at the top of the list, but he was there in the early 70's so most of you guys won't remember him. He was one tough cookie. Dana Carpenter was a tough one too, AND a great guy.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #13
SangareeCrew
Berkeley County Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 2248
SangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot material

Edwards, Abraham, Seawright....for once the guys I picked are winning the poll!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #14
Lil Jerry Seinfeld
The One and Only

Male

Lil Jerry Seinfeld has feathers coming inLil Jerry Seinfeld has feathers coming inLil Jerry Seinfeld has feathers coming in

What about Roy Hart? He was the best middle linebacker in the country in 1987. He has to at least be on the list.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:58 AM   #15
Dr. Gonzo
Walk On

Male

Dr. Gonzo is developing his combDr. Gonzo is developing his combDr. Gonzo is developing his combDr. Gonzo is developing his combDr. Gonzo is developing his combDr. Gonzo is developing his combDr. Gonzo is developing his combDr. Gonzo is developing his combDr. Gonzo is developing his combDr. Gonzo is developing his comb

I agree with Morgan. Edwards and Abraham were DE's. Seawright, Miller and Dixon....True LB's
Old 05-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #16
cht4usc
Walk On

CockyCash: 200
cht4usc is learning to peckcht4usc is learning to peck

Seawright
Vogel
Miller
Spurrier said McGee "originally offered too much," although neither would disclose the amount. McGee said the difference was in six figures, adding Spurrier asked that it go toward his assistant's salaries.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:23 AM   #17
morgan n' 7
somewhat unoriginal

Male

Signature: Award given for the best signature - Given for: having the best signature of 2005 
CockyCash: 400
morgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cht4usc
Seawright
Vogel
Miller
That's good picks! I agree.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:36 PM   #18
thespurr
4-Star

Male

thespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his comb

I picked Kalimba, Hank Campbell, and Ernest Dixon. Can't forget Hank Campbells stop against Tennessee to seal our first ever win over UT. I could watch that game over and over again.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:39 PM   #19
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

I went with Seawright , Abraham and other...Shannon Wadley.

Seawright was the man!
Old 12-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #20
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

Edwards and Abraham were defensive ends. In the group listed Abraham hands down but for pure linebackers Searight was a lot of fun to watch.
Closed Thread