CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ChickenButt
kingofnerf
Superadiabatic
highstick
400 pasing yards (796)
Funny? (736)
Nosovitch (689)
HBC Weekly Presser (632)
This program has no (583)
Zone Read Analysis w (472)
Thompson Has Neck In (462)
What fish do you eat (455)
KY Suspends 4 Player (418)
Would You Accept Lam (273)
Build a New Stadium
State talent drying up
Defer Or Not?
Four UK Players Suspended
4th & 1 Play
HBC Weekly Presser
Thompson Has Neck Injury
liquor in the stadium
Really excited to visit t
Maty Mauk tries to take o

Old 08-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #1
Ga_Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Location: Currently in ATL ... from Charleston by way of Savannah, Ga
CockyCash: 500
Ga_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPit
Default How Fast Can I close on My House?

can i do it in 24 days?

contract finalized tonight

the contract/my mortg goes into underwriting tomorrow

appraisal was done today.

inspection tomorrow

i have 5 days due diligence beginning tomorrow

10 days to secure financing

... after that, if things fall through i lose my earnest $ >:(

I have been told by the mortgage broker we can do it - no worries - but i still dont want to chance it ...

thoughts?

... Go Cocks!
Ga_Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:06 PM   #2
khosk
Administrator

Male

CockyCash: 109993
khosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot material
Default Re: How Fast Can I close on My House?

I closed on my current house in 16 days, so you should be able to.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
scfan2001
I'm comin for u

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudly

Lots of places are able to do it in 2 weeks.
scfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

you contract says on or before a certain date...that means you can do it when ever you want as long as it is before the time on the contract
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
mickholtlaw
Recruit

Male

mickholtlaw is sharpening his clawsmickholtlaw is sharpening his clawsmickholtlaw is sharpening his clawsmickholtlaw is sharpening his clawsmickholtlaw is sharpening his claws

Call an attorney now. Don't take your mortgage brokers word for it. They will need to do a title search and if there is a problem it will have to be worked out before you can close too. Didn't see if you did a survey but the lender may require a survey. Get your hands on the termite letter too to see if there is any infestation. Talk to your broker every day. They will tell you that it is a done deal but stay on top of them. Make sure you get every piece of paper they ask for. It is a buyer's market. If you had the home inspection done and something surfaces, be sure that comes off the sales contract. If you have a realtor involved, make them work for their fees. Make them be the ones to make the hard phone calls. Don't let them show up to the closing and get their check without putting some sweat into it. Good luck. Go Cocks.
mickholtlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:07 PM   #6
Ga_Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Ga_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPitGa_Gamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickholtlaw View Post
Call an attorney now. Don't take your mortgage brokers word for it. They will need to do a title search and if there is a problem it will have to be worked out before you can close too. Didn't see if you did a survey but the lender may require a survey. Get your hands on the termite letter too to see if there is any infestation. Talk to your broker every day. They will tell you that it is a done deal but stay on top of them. Make sure you get every piece of paper they ask for. It is a buyer's market. If you had the home inspection done and something surfaces, be sure that comes off the sales contract. If you have a realtor involved, make them work for their fees. Make them be the ones to make the hard phone calls. Don't let them show up to the closing and get their check without putting some sweat into it. Good luck. Go Cocks.
thanks (to everyone) for the advice!

its my first home so its a little nerve-racking

• im not sure about the survey
  • today it apprasied for 20k more than sale price
  • my mortgage broker is a close friend
  • i am making the realtor work and then some
  • the condo is brand new but a resale - the investor bought it a year ago and has never lived in it ... they insisted no inspection was needed (hell, so did MY agent, but im getting an inspector to come out tomorrow (and hes my guy - no theirs) and from what i was told hes one anal bastard
  • the guy is selling for less than he paid and has to get it off his books by sept 13 so thats why the closing date is before his mortg is due
  • no termite letter needed (im assuming) since its a concrete condo
  • i dont think the title is a probelm but i will look into it tomorrow - is this the same as "title insurance" ??

... Go Cocks!
Old 08-20-2008, 11:42 PM   #7
Ga_Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

if theres anything else i should be aware of plz let me know ... excited but nervous too ... i have a few thousand as earnest $ that would really sting to lose ... so im trying to be extremely vigilant about everything i need to get sqaured away

... Go Cocks!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #8
Ga_Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

underwriters called me today... missed the call, but apparently they need to verify that "i am me" since i had some kind of a fraud flag on my credit report (my CC was stolen in 02, so i guess thats the hold up) .. so does anyone thing im in the clear? Once they verify that i am me (i find that funny) are we set to close?

I only have until the 13th...

... Go Cocks!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #9
Ga_Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickholtlaw View Post
mick

question for you. someone somehow down the line fibbed on a document. well the dates were wrong on something and the bank caught it and called my HR dept at corporate.

the HR lady seemed fine as I had no input or dealings with the document, however she mentioned that she felt the deal was shady and i should walk away from the loan.

i may lose the earnest money, and if i do, i do. i would hate that, but moreso i would hate to be involved or complicit in some shady workings (fraud etc) or I guess the point im getting at is can my company can me for the underwriter filing an altered document. and im not sure who did what (or what was really done) but what are the ramifications on my end ... should i be worried?

... Go Cocks!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:45 AM   #10
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga_Gamecock View Post
mick

question for you. someone somehow down the line fibbed on a document. well the dates were wrong on something and the bank caught it and called my HR dept at corporate.

the HR lady seemed fine as I had no input or dealings with the document, however she mentioned that she felt the deal was shady and i should walk away from the loan.

i may lose the earnest money, and if i do, i do. i would hate that, but moreso i would hate to be involved or complicit in some shady workings (fraud etc) or I guess the point im getting at is can my company can me for the underwriter filing an altered document. and im not sure who did what (or what was really done) but what are the ramifications on my end ... should i be worried?
Mick may be able to help you better than I can but my advice...

Get clarification on what was 'fibbed' and do it tomorrow! Mistakes do happen and it could be something simple and easily fixed. However, their are people out there that are just decietful. IF someone was offering a super great deal on a house (even in this buyers market), pushing to get a closing, and STRONGLY advising against getting a home inspection, and now some kind of misunderstood 'fibbing' going on...there may be some red flags going off! If it's something that you should back out on, the quicker you can, the better off you are. Also, talk to an attorney. There are plenty of free online legal advice websites available. If there is something shady going on with the seller you just might be able to get your EM back! Keep your fingers crossed!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:50 AM   #11
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 858937569
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

with the credit market as bad as it is now...... I wish you luck friend!

this is the worst I have ever seen the credit market in my lifetime.....

I have good credit, but I have heard my bank may close a HELOC i don't even use!

I can't believe the bank can just freely talk to somebody besides you about your loan...... I thought there was privacy laws about this!
ucan'tlickourcocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:55 AM   #12
Ga_Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

from what i can gather one or two of my dates of employment were skewed .. im assuming to get me a better rate. i have been told this is/was a fairly common practice ... maybe that was before the subprime bubble popped. my fico is 700. used to be about 20 or 30 higher but i think using my amex for all of my biz purposes may have pulled it down a bit

... Go Cocks!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #13
lawdog100
Blue Chip

Male

lawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comb

I'm a real estate attorney in SC, and I'm not going to get into specifics with you about this and telling you what to do. I'm not licensed to practice law in Georgia, so don't ask.

I'll just say this. Not at all trying to scare you, as it could be nothing. However, mortgage fraud, ESPECIALLY in today's climate, is a BIG DEAL. People go to jail for mortage fraud. Look into what happened and get some INDEPENDENT advice about what is going on. Remember that anybody involved in the deal, including your buddy the mortgage broker, has an agenda - ie: getting money by making this closing happen. Get someone knowledgable that has no vested interest in the transaction to advise you.

Again, it may be nothing. Just look out for yourself. Don't let the emotion of wanting the condo make you do something dumb. Treat it like a business decision.....everybody else is.
lawdog100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #14
Ga_Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
I have good credit, but I have heard my bank may close a HELOC i don't even use!
!
whats that?

... Go Cocks!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:58 AM   #15
lawdog100
Blue Chip

Male

lawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comblawdog100 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
There are plenty of free online legal advice websites available.
Don't rely on some online website to guide you through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
can just freely talk to somebody besides you about your loan...... I thought there was privacy laws about this!
Almost without a doubt, he signed releases for that sort of thing when he applied. Standard stuff.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:00 AM   #16
Ga_Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog100 View Post

Again, it may be nothing. Just look out for yourself. Don't let the emotion of wanting the condo make you do something dumb. Treat it like a business decision.....everybody else is.
im already there my friend. thanks for the advice!

im well aware that a house is an investment and i am very unemotional about the whole deal (any real estate deal) no matter how much the place appreals to me ... but i have never had my HR dept call me like that before. if i have to bail - and im already 1.5 feet out the door - then thats fine. maybe its a sign.

... Go Cocks!
Old 09-25-2008, 01:02 AM   #17
lawdog100
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
whats that?
A "HELOC" is a Home Equity Line Of Credit.......otherwise known as an Equity Line. It's a second mortgage that you can draw upon, then pay back, then draw back out again as much as you want........not much different than a credit card, except that the house secures the debt, and the interest is deductible.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:05 AM   #18
lawdog100
Blue Chip

Male

One last thing: Don't run until you have done your homework. It may be nothing. Just check it all out, get independent advice and then make a decision.

Good luck!
Old 09-25-2008, 01:07 AM   #19
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
from what i can gather one or two of my dates of employment were skewed .. im assuming to get me a better rate. i have been told this is/was a fairly common practice ... maybe that was before the subprime bubble popped. my fico is 700. used to be about 20 or 30 higher but i think using my amex for all of my biz purposes may have pulled it down a bit

From everything I understand about the mortgage industry (my wife works in the mortgage loan origination dept at a bank here in charleston but she is asleep. I'll ask her more specific details in the morning) It sounds like your rating is right on the brink of two seperate mortgage brackets (i might be off on this but I'm thinking 720 is the actually tier) which could be why something was 'fudged' a little to try and push you into a higher/lower bracket (higher bracket = lower interest rate, PMI, etc.) Also, MOST underwriters shouldn't take CC's into huge consideration if you are 1) paying at least the monthly minimum 2) they appear that they will be paid off within 6 months.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:07 AM   #20
Ga_Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

gotcha. im not familiar with the acronym.

... but why would the bank just close a HELOC at random? Just for shts and giggles? Is that a way they can "clean up" any lines of credit hanging out there?

... Go Cocks!