CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
l^l^lBGCock
smoovecock
A. Pilgrim
GamecockSuperFan
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
Travelin
kingoftheroost
robgusc76
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2950)
Gamecockology Helms (1034)
SEC QB's in the Red (998)
Little know stat (We (983)
Where do you like to (551)
We're going to the N (528)
Amelia Earhart Plane (340)
Have you ever been s (260)
Tennessee Offense Br (251)
This season and recr (228)
Official Charlotte Hornet
Tennessee - South Carolin
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Interesting quotes from D
Have you ever been so wro
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
What does it take to win?
Uniforms for Tenn
official UFC thread. (new

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Corey Robinson Thread (2010 Signee)

Free TBS article on Corey Robinson

Link: http://thebigspur.com/news/story.php?article=3045

Bio: http://www.thebigspur.com/recruiting...recruit_id=629
Old 06-12-2009, 04:00 AM   #2
dumpyloser
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 994
dumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Corey Robinson Thread (2010 Prospect)

I think it is HUGE that we are going after some of these under the radar OL! Size and Work Ethic are two things that can't be taught. 6'7 290 and a 5.0 40 are good numbers to build from. As much as I want a high profile recruiting class, I'd almost rather have SOLID guys with potential who just flat out want to be gamecocks. I don't know exactly how many OL were taking, but if this guy committs and we bring in cann and mack like most think we will, how many spots will be open on the OL? I mean at some point, we'll have to start turning kids down.... and it could be high profile ones if we accept commitments from some low profile guys. (not that I care as long as they come to play)
Old 06-12-2009, 08:43 AM   #3
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Carolina's past classes suffered not from lack of talent, but lack of work ethic from hs stars who didn't up their game for the next level.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Corey Robinson receives first scholarship offer

Massive offensive lineman Corey Robinson has been offered by the South Carolina Gamecocks after attending the program's lineman camp, ESPN affiliate Web site TheBigSpur.com reports.

Other schools such as North Carolina, N.C. State, Duke and East Carolina are also recruiting Robinson, who would like to check out those campuses.

The 6-foot-7, 290-pounder also shared what he's looking for, "I would like to go somewhere that's going to win and has some good players. I'm definitely going to decide before my season. It could be in a month or so. South Carolina would have to be my leader right now because of the offer."
Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail
Old 06-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Sounds like we have some work to do if we want a commitment.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
Gamecockstan
Recruit

Male

Gamecockstan has feathers coming inGamecockstan has feathers coming inGamecockstan has feathers coming in

Monster!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:15 AM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
By Phil Kornblut
USC is in position to pick up a commitment in the next month or so from OL Corey Robinson (6-7 290) of Havelock, NC. "If nothing changes, it will be them," Robinson said. "If I get offers from the North Carolina schools, I'd have to think about it. Most of them want to see me at camp." USC has seen Robinson in camp, and on tape, and offensive line coach Eric Wolford must have liked what he saw. "They said they like my game tape," Robinson said. "They said I can be good, I just need to work on my footwork." USC offered Robinson a few weeks before he attended their camp. That's his only offer so far. He is also getting interest from North Carolina, NC State, Duke and East Carolina. Robinson said he will probably go to some other camps and he hopes to get back to USC this summer to see more of the campus. Robinson plays left guard for Havelock but is being recruited as an offensive tackle.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/200...998/-1/PSPORTS

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-25-2009, 02:21 PM   #8
drramos
Recruit

Male

drramos is sharpening his clawsdrramos is sharpening his clawsdrramos is sharpening his clawsdrramos is sharpening his clawsdrramos is sharpening his claws

He will make a decision this Tuesday...

Robinson set to announce

By Kevin McCrarey

OL Corey Robinson (6-7 295), out of Havelock, NC will announce his college choice Tuesday at his school. He has said he is favoring USC.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/200...954/-1/PSPORTS
Old 06-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #9
MBGCockOld
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 81420865
MBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot material

Robinson said the coaching staff was the main reason for choosing Carolina!!
Old 06-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #10
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Our coaches are working. It really burns me up to see so-called fans on Rivals who claim otherwise
Old 06-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #11
09Gamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
09Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons09Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons09Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons09Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons09Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons09Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons09Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons09Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons09Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons09Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons09Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBGCock View Post
Robinson said the coaching staff was the main reason for choosing Carolina!!
So he did indeed commit today? When is it going to be announced on the Gamecock sites?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #12
MBGCockOld
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 81420865
MBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot materialMBGCockOld is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09Gamecock View Post
So he did indeed commit today? When is it going to be announced on the Gamecock sites?
No he didnt. I did make it sound like he did. haha. but i think he will commit tuesday.

in the article on GCC it said that "the coaching staff is the primary reason that Robinson says he will likely make his decision to attend USC official on Tuesday."
Old 06-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #13
LiveandDieGC
Lucky Charms Ultimate

Male

CockyCash: 2150
LiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his comb

Quote:
June 25, 2009

Robinson set to announce

By Kevin McCrarey

OL Corey Robinson (6-7 295), out of Havelock, NC will announce his college choice Tuesday at his school. He has said he is favoring USC.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/200...954/-1/PSPORTS
Old 06-25-2009, 05:29 PM   #14
captainawesome
Blue Chip

Male

captainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurs

Who is this guy? Did he do well at some camps or something? He's a huge guy which is a plus.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
Gamecocks4ever
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks4ever rules the CockPitGamecocks4ever rules the CockPitGamecocks4ever rules the CockPitGamecocks4ever rules the CockPitGamecocks4ever rules the CockPitGamecocks4ever rules the CockPitGamecocks4ever rules the CockPitGamecocks4ever rules the CockPitGamecocks4ever rules the CockPitGamecocks4ever rules the CockPitGamecocks4ever rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
Who is this guy? Did he do well at some camps or something? He's a huge guy which is a plus.
Yes, we liked him on film and he performed very well at our OL camp.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #16
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Free TBS article on Corey Robinson

Link: http://thebigspur.com/news/story.php?article=3115
Old 06-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #17
Go Carolina
We Are 138

Male

CockyCash: 735553
Go Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot material

One school stands out right now.

"I am favoring South Carolina right now and there is a good chance I commit to them on Tuesday."

From the above article.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #18
t8erh8er17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
t8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Carolina View Post
One school stands out right now.

"I am favoring South Carolina right now and there is a good chance I commit to them on Tuesday."

From the above article.
< ---------- does the Irish Jig.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #19
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

I always love to hear we're getting a commitment. With as hot as we've been with O linemen in the last few weeks, though, do we accept his commitment right away? There are a still a lot of guys out there that we're trying to pick up that I would guess are higher on our board (Mack, Yankey, Henderson even as a long shot, etc. etc.). Given whatever degree of likelihood of picking up any other players we have higher on the board you think exists, what do you guys think the staff does on Tuesday if Robinson commits?
Old 06-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #20
LiveandDieGC
Lucky Charms Ultimate

Male

CockyCash: 2150
LiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his combLiveandDieGC is developing his comb

Those three are takes in any situation. Doesn't matter who we have commited. Those three's schollies are always on the table.