CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
ertman420
usc90grad
spareparts
MWard
Cunningham wants to (1291)
ESPN article on Clow (965)
Clemson Georgia Game (777)
Mangus now coaching (336)
Can Tennessee get to (255)
Chick Redefines the (218)
Truly Inspiring (195)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (176)
Spread vs. aTm (174)
New Led Zep releases (165)
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Davon Durant
2015 - Taj Griffin
Mangus now coaching TEs
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It
2 Crazy things
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Spread vs. aTm

View Poll Results: Early Signing Period for Football
Yes 5 20.00%
Yes, with conditions 7 28.00%
No 11 44.00%
No Opinion 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #22281
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit
Default Re: Brandon Willis Thread (2010 Prospect)

I've heard so many rumours, and I'm sure you have heard 100 times more working for Rivals. Bama got both Sims.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #22282
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ed Christian Thread (2010 Prospect)

Quote:
By Phil Kornblut
Florida State commitment OL Ed Christian (6-5 295) of Valdosta, GA still plans to take other official visits besides the one to Tallahassee. Christian said he will try to set dates with Clemson, USC, Florida and either Southern Cal or UCLA. "My commitment is pretty firm but I want to see what the other schools got and have to offer," Christian said "I talked to (Clemson recruiter) coach Pearman last week. He wants me to come play left tackle and he's trying to get me up on an official." Christian said he's not heard much from USC lately though he's had contact in the past from offensive line coach Eric Wolford.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/200...961/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 09-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #22283
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jack DeBoef Thread (2010 Prospect)

Quote:
By Eric Guimaraes
OL Jack Deboef (6-8 270) of State College, PA is still looking at USC. He says he has not heard from them in the last couple of weeks. "I am not sure what protocol is," he said. "I don't want to call them if I'm not supposed to." Deboef visited Columbia over the summer and came away impressed. "It's the most beautiful campus I visited by far,"said Deboef. "They took me on a tour and really sold it." Deboef also was impressed with the facilites. He visited USC, Florida, North Carolina, NC State, and Maryland. "I don't think Florida is involved with me anymore," he said. "North Carolina was really nice. They showed me the plans of their new facilities and they look like they're going to be amazing." Deboef has offers from USC, UNC, NC State, Illinois, Ohio, Buffalo, Purdue, and Temple. He is unsure where he will take his official visits. "I think I'll take a couple during the season and a couple after the season," he said. "I'll also take some unofficial visits to get a better feel of game day atmospheres." He does not have a favorite.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/200...962/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 09-13-2009, 11:40 PM   #22284
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Ego Ferguson, Jr. Thread (2010 Prospect)

Quote:
By Phil Kornblut
USC remains in the running for an official visit from DL Ego Ferguson Jr. (6-3 269) of Hargrave Prep, VA. Ferguson will set three of his official visits with LSU, Oklahoma and Notre Dame because he didn't get the chance to visit them in the spring or summer. He was going to visit LSU October 10th but he's taking the SAT that day. The schools Ferguson is considering for his final two visits are USC, Miami, North Carolina, UCLA, Cal, Vanderbilt, Florida State, Nebraska, Penn State, Tennessee and Maryland. USC recruiter Jay Graham talks weekly with Ferguson's father who is handling his son's recruiting. "He's still very high on South Carolina," Ego Fergson said. "I can't speak enough about the last visit with the group down there." Ferguson Jr. will not decide on the final visits until after he takes the SAT. Ferguson Jr. has dropped 1 pounds since he enrolled at Hargrave. His father said he led the team in tackles the past two games.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/200...965/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 09-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #22285
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4
Default Re: Justin Parker Thread (2010 Prospect)

I think Alonzo Winfield is gonna be pretty good if they ever decide whether its gonna be at Spur or have him move to LB

Old 09-14-2009, 12:27 AM   #22286
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Justin Henderson Thread (2010 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockRocket99 View Post
Also might add that AJ Cann was playing Right Tackle and not Center position. Of the two, Henderson just looked to be more agressive - more of a college style player than that of AJ Cann.
yea AJ plays Tackle in HS, but is a Guard or Center when he gets here

Old 09-14-2009, 02:05 AM   #22287
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

Default Re: Jack DeBoef Thread (2010 Prospect)

is he a take at this point? or are we done with him

Old 09-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #22288
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Corey Brown Thread (2010 Prospect)

Quote:
Under Armour All-American Corey Brown says yes to the Buckeyes
ESPNU 150 wide receiver Corey Brown (Springfield, Pa./Cardinal O'Hara) committed to Ohio State at the conclusion to his official visit, ESPN affiliate Web site Bucknuts.com reports. He selected the Buckeyes over Miami-FL, Rutgers, West Virginia and Pittsburgh.

"I committed," Brown said, "It was the visit. I've never been to Ohio State. It was my first time out there and I loved it. The game was great. I had a great time."

Other schools such as South Carolina, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan State, Colorado, Notre Dame and Tennessee also offered.

ESPN's Billy Tucker said of the news, "A tough Ohio State loss didn't deter Brown from pulling the trigger over the weekend and may have eased the pain for Buckeye fans. The exciting atmosphere surrounding his first visit to Columbus appears to have sealed the deal with the Pennsylvania native. OSU showed it had the speed and athleticism to compete with USC on Saturday night, but it still could use another highly skilled athlete on its future roster; Brown can do a bit of everything."

"The ESPNU 150 athlete brings a lot of speed and versatility to the table as a prospect and is likely getting recruited to Columbus as an athlete. We feel he has the skill-set to play running back at the next level but will most likely line up at wide receiver. He has great quickness, elusiveness and burst with the ball in his hands and could develop into a productive slot receiver for the Buckeyes with his ability to create mismatches in space. Will need some polish as a route runner but has soft hands, very good athleticism and explosiveness for the OSU staff to refine. Could be used creatively with his ability to motion in and out of the backfield; Brown's key to success at the next level will be his ability to add size and strength."

Brown had a huge sophomore season rushing for 1,200 yards and 16 touchdowns but sustained a torn MCL early in his junior campaign.
Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 09-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #22289
uscmatt
Walk On

Male

uscmatt has feathers coming inuscmatt has feathers coming in
Default Re: Justin Worley Thread (2011 Prospect)

NW is 0-3 now with losses to Goose Creek, Spartanburg, and Rock Hill

Worley's stats through 3 games are 67-102, 518 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT
Old 09-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #22290
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Christian Russell Thread (2011 Prospect)

Linebacker from Fayetteville, North Carolina

North Carolina is his only offer but list interest in USC, Clemson, Georgia Tech, and NC State

Bio: http://rivals.yahoo.com/southcarolin...-Russell-96707

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 09-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #22291
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

UT is after Worley hard. It's premature, but fans think they have a very good chance with him.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #22292
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt View Post
NW is 0-3 now with losses to Goose Creek, Spartanburg, and Rock Hill

Worley's stats through 3 games are 67-102, 518 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT
They don't compare well with last years stats, but I don't think he has the help this year with personel like last year. He has a very good completion percentage though. At this rate, I don't see him being the number one player in the state at all, and the same goes for Golson after the debacle with Byrnes. I think someone else will be number one, probably Clowney.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #22293
thespurr
4-Star

Male

thespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his comb
Default Re: Mustafa Greene Thread (2010 Prospect)

This guy has 560 yards in 3 games. I understand Lattimore is highly ranked, but I don't get why we aren't make a big push to get both. This kid is 15 minutes away from Columbia. If he goes out of state that would be a tragedy.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #22294
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

They will not play on the same team.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 09-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #22295
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1214284
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
They will not play on the same team.
You keep saying that but has Marcus said that? I know Mustafa was on 107.5 last week on their high school show and he said he would love to play on the same team as Marcus. So it must be Lattimore that doesn't want to play with Mustafa?
Old 09-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #22296
Dook Jaw
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 989716
Dook Jaw is crowing loudlyDook Jaw is crowing loudlyDook Jaw is crowing loudlyDook Jaw is crowing loudlyDook Jaw is crowing loudlyDook Jaw is crowing loudlyDook Jaw is crowing loudlyDook Jaw is crowing loudlyDook Jaw is crowing loudlyDook Jaw is crowing loudlyDook Jaw is crowing loudly

I'd take him & run w/ him. He is the real deal.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #22297
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

I seriously doubt we get in the game with him.

Golson seems to be our #1 priority...and we did offer Marquise Williams from North Carolina, but he is a long shot.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 09-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #22298
eskelies
Recruit

Male

eskelies has earned his spurseskelies has earned his spurseskelies has earned his spurseskelies has earned his spurseskelies has earned his spurseskelies has earned his spurs
Default Re: Corey Brown Thread (2010 Prospect)

I'd be surprised if he gets in to college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Old 09-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #22299
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Well we need to get the kid that's not scared of competition for once. That's one reason why the highly ranked guys that go to So Cal (e.g. Reggie Bush) Miami etc...are often better than the ones that come here even if they're ranked higher IMOP. Give me a guy like felix jones or ronnie brown who's looking to compete!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #22300
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Just relaying what I am told.

There is also the depth concern from our standpoint. We already have 5 backs. We can't take two this year, especially the same type of back. Maybe a regular and a scat. The only way we could end up taking both (and this would include us recruiting Mustafa harder) is if Kenny Miles and Eric Baker transfer (or change positions)..Even if that happened andwe somehow managed to get both, we are right back at 5 and that is too many according to Spurrier. Other than that, we aren't taking both Greene and Lattimore.

Now, I could see us turning up the heat on Greene if Lattimore gives indications that he isn't coming here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
You keep saying that but has Marcus said that? I know Mustafa was on 107.5 last week on their high school show and he said he would love to play on the same team as Marcus. So it must be Lattimore that doesn't want to play with Mustafa?

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Closed Thread