CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
Order 66
taylorssc
l^l^lBGCock
NAGamecockFan
ChickenButt
doubledribble
Harry Tuttle
Master Bedroom
So Disappointed With (3045)
No Comments on the H (1034)
Call of Duty: Advanc (302)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (259)
Gameday parking in A (197)
Vote For Cocky (145)
Freshman ND WR " (141)
Things They Should H (125)
Keeping tailgate foo (107)
Good Riddance to bad (51)
BAW
No Comments on the Holes?
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
So Disappointed With The
Texas athletic director:
2014-15 Premier League se
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me

Old 01-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #41
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: Did you guys know Spurrier is having knee replacement surgery this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwearingmyjoehat View Post
Lesson to always remember:

There is NOTHING routine when a sharp blade slices into the skin.
There is NOTHING routine about pumping the human body full of chemicals to induce absolute unconsciousness.

Some doctors taking a "routine" approach to surgical procedures is what leads to severe and occasionally tragic consequences.

(Learned this from a good friend who's a surgeon. He was BATTERED during his fellowship by some old surgeon to never take a patient's procedure as routine. Treat every fresh incision as a unique and demanding circumstance. It's advice that has served him well.)
Sure, there are always risks. What I meant was that knee replacement surgery is something that is not uncommon.

Risks...I know what you mean. They say that most car accidents happen within a 10 mile radius of your house, so to be safe, I moved.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #42
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster
Default Re: Did you guys know Spurrier is having knee replacement surgery this week?

Spurrier and Lattimore rehabing knees after this season. The SEC better watch out next year.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #43
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Did he just have it today? Gogamecocks apparently retweeted a tweet from Scotty that said the surgery went well:
Quote:
@SctSpurr Scott Spurrier
Just left my dad. Surgery went good and he is doing great.
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #44
Spur 'Em
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 480
Spur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his combSpur 'Em is developing his comb

Well wishes for a speedy recovery coach. In his honor, my favorite SOS moment since he's been here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA8NR...eature=related
Old 01-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #45
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

He will be our bionic coach. lol
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #46
RPM
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
RPM has hatched from the shell

I've had three ACL's, 13 total surgery's on my left knee including the last, which was a total replacement two years ago at 34 years old. The procedure only last's ~ 1 hour and you're walking within 4 hours post surgery. I was on a walker for two day's and a cane for a week. Re-hab's for 6 week's and then back at work. With my last ACL I was out of work for 12 weeks with 12 month's of re-hab. The replacement hurt's like hazel for three weeks, then like a light switch it's gone. Coach will be fine.
RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #47
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

He got a 4 year warranty on the joint so it wouldn't mess with our winning in double digits during the reminder of his contract and keep his golf handycap as close to scratch as possible.
B&GSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #48
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Get well. Coach beast mode
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #49
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

He'll feel 20 years younger once he gets through the rehab.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #50
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Get well soon, Coach!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #51
9 Iron
Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 474
9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM View Post
I've had three ACL's, 13 total surgery's on my left knee including the last, which was a total replacement two years ago at 34 years old. The procedure only last's ~ 1 hour and you're walking within 4 hours post surgery. I was on a walker for two day's and a cane for a week. Re-hab's for 6 week's and then back at work. With my last ACL I was out of work for 12 weeks with 12 month's of re-hab. The replacement hurt's like hazel for three weeks, then like a light switch it's gone. Coach will be fine.
His orthopedic surgeon is as good as it gets.. anywhere...
9 Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:57 AM   #52
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I'll probably be undergoing a knee replacement this year and I'm alot younger than Spurrier. I wish him a speedy recovery.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:22 AM   #53
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9 Iron View Post
His orthopedic surgeon is as good as it gets.. anywhere...
I heard he had two surgeons. Gotta make sure his knees don't buckle under the weight of the trophies he'll be holding up next year.
YouCanNeverTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #54
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM View Post
You're 34 years old, and have had 13 surgeries?!?!?!?! WOW. Man, all I can say is, "God bless you!" Is this sports related?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #55
DMan81385
cock-a-doodle-do

Male

DMan81385 has hatched from the shell
Send a message via AIM to DMan81385 Send a message via Yahoo to DMan81385

I noticed he was limping around at the Clemson game, and even pointed it out to my brother. I thought (I could be wrong about this) I saw him once with a cane. He is a fighter, and I am sure he will be back to normal by next season.

COCK-A-DOODLE-DO

DMan81385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #56
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan81385 View Post
I noticed he was limping around at the Clemson game, and even pointed it out to my brother. I thought (I could be wrong about this) I saw him once with a cane. He is a fighter, and I am sure he will be back to normal by next season.
I had noticed his limp even earlier but thought it was hip related instead of knee. It may be a bit of both, actually. He will be surprised at how much better his knee will perform!
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #57
ssladler
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 934
ssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his comb

The real question is whether he is still eligible for a Medical Redshirt. What is the most games he can coach and still be eligible?
ssladler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #58
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssladler View Post
The real question is whether he is still eligible for a Medical Redshirt. What is the most games he can coach and still be eligible?
One more than his last plus he gets a mulligan if he doesn't like the final score.
B&GSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #59
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssladler View Post
I think it's something like 35% of the snaps

maybe he can appeal