CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
spareparts
3MTA3
Thenardier
ertman420
thekob
b381l
G&B
Master Bedroom
SCohioBoy
2001 vs Sandstorm (1180)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (817)
Cunningham wants to (520)
Purple drank (433)
Horseshoes has been (213)
Clemson Georgia Game (173)
ESPN article on Clow (141)
Fumble party (138)
1964 World’s Fair (130)
Softball tops Georgi (116)
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Season Rankings Thread...
Cunningham wants to hear
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant
Clemson Georgia Game to b

Old 05-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #81
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: Special jersey this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
as long as we dont have a screwup like with the wounded warriors prior to the auburn game. also as long as theyre not so horrible that they curse us into losing like when nike did those jerseys with the shoulders painted a different color in 2005 i think.
What pissed me off about the WW jersey's is they didnt even do a redesign, they just used the design from the Under Armour All American game.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #82
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Passing judgement before you even see it guys???
I like the idea, and we will probably auction them off to Wounded Warrior or something, and if that is the case, I'm all for it.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #83
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

Bring back Russell!!!
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #84
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

if this news made anybody mad, angry, ill or anything of the nature.....

....i suggest going outside and beating the hell out of something until you feel better to relieve some stress.

i like to mix it up. 18 year olds do as well. not a bad idea

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #85
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
What pissed me off about the WW jersey's is they didnt even do a redesign, they just used the design from the Under Armour All American game.
The UUA game jerseys were lightning like and ours were a totally different thing
Old 05-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #86
YankeeGamecock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 600
YankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his comb

OK, so I got a little scoop on the uniforms:

gray jerseys and black pants.
the jerseys look like digital camo, but its actually made of palmetto trees.

The designs don't officially have a helmet associated with them now, but the players are trying to parlay under armour into doing a flat black helmet for them.
YankeeGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #87
jomo
Recruit

Male

jomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeGamecock View Post

The designs don't officially have a helmet associated with them now, but the players are trying to parlay under armour into doing a flat black helmet for them.
Sounds good. I like the flat black helmet.
jomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #88
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Do they know what game they will wear them for?
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #89
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock View Post
The UUA game jerseys were lightning like and ours were a totally different thing
No, they were the same template. Just a different pattern.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #90
YankeeGamecock
4-Star

Male

YankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Do they know what game they will wear them for?
Nope. Not yet. I assume it would probably be against a NIKE team, maybe one that will feature its PRO COMBAT uniforms that same weekend, who knows.

If I hear anything else I'll pass it along.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #91
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:

While I would not like to see this all the time, it sounds kinda cool for a once a year things. Plus if the kids (players and recruits) like 'em, then I'm all about it.
gamecockphan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #92
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Nope. Not yet. I assume it would probably be against a NIKE team, maybe one that will feature its PRO COMBAT uniforms that same weekend, who knows.

If I hear anything else I'll pass it along.
Any word on what color the #'s will be? They gotta get some garnet in these unis. Right?
gamecockphan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #93
YankeeGamecock
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Any word on what color the #'s will be? They gotta get some garnet in these unis. Right?
It will be just garnet accents from how it was described.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #94
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i like spurrier's plan, no need to have the team distracted against a good opponent by unveiling these jerseys. that could be kind of a flimsy view, but i worry about any complications occurring against a sec opponent. hopefully our jerseys dont look as awful as maryland's last year
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #95
DCGamecock5
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 126000149
DCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
i like spurrier's plan, no need to have the team distracted against a good opponent by unveiling these jerseys. that could be kind of a flimsy view, but i worry about any complications occurring against a sec opponent. hopefully our jerseys dont look as awful as maryland's last year
I agree with this as well. LSU wears purple every year for their home coming game. So if you're going to do a special jersey do it on a game that you should win. Unless you're playing for Natty or Conference titles then maybe it would help psych the team up.
DCGamecock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #96
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

This morning I talked to OL Kyle Harris with whom I currently share a class. He says the helmet, jersey and pants are all a very dark charcoal grey. "CAROLINA" across the front is in garnet with white accent, one single thick garnet stripe down the side of each leg, and the helmet has a thick garnet stripe across the top (accented by white) and our normal decal logos.

Further, he says the team really loves them and wants to keep them and wear them on more than one occasion. But, he is skeptical that HBC will allow that to happen.

I hope this is helpful in solving the mystery!
Gamecock1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #97
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

Quote:

Where did you get that info? That's very different from what a player told me this AM. Perhaps there's more than one jersey in the works? That digital camo/palmetto tree combo sounds cool as hell!
Gamecock1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #98
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

I like flat black helmets
Old 05-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #99
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Would still retain Garnet and Black stripes and character outlines (like numbers and words)

The pants would be a darker, maybe charcoal grey with matching helmets, gloves and footwear.

See Washington State's alternative uniforms:

Old 05-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #100
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock1983 View Post
This morning I talked to OL Kyle Harris with whom I currently share a class. He says the helmet, jersey and pants are all a very dark charcoal grey. "CAROLINA" across the front is in garnet with white accent, one single thick garnet stripe down the side of each leg, and the helmet has a thick garnet stripe across the top (accented by white) and our normal decal logos.

Further, he says the team really loves them and wants to keep them and wear them on more than one occasion. But, he is skeptical that HBC will allow that to happen.

I hope this is helpful in solving the mystery!
Thank you...

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote