CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
spareparts
b381l
ertman420
usc1
robgusc76
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Ole Miss Projected R (844)
2001 vs Sandstorm (831)
Tennessee hires Donn (774)
Acock reviews the SE (723)
So who was the dude (662)
Sunday college footb (637)
Does anyone have a l (355)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (336)
Florida Georgia Line (327)
Purple drank (253)
Dabo confused about who w
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
SEC Network "Take It
Does anyone have a link t
2001 vs Sandstorm
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones

Old 07-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #21
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ole Miss coach takes offense to Spurrier jab

if he cant grow some thicker skin than that then he will not be in this league for long
Old 07-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #22
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Spurrier would run his ass out of the stadium. Stfu dude and enjoy gettin ur ass spanked this year
Old 07-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #23
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Quote...
I heard (Spurrier) said something to that regard. I guess my thought would be in 2013 I guess they are on our schedule, Freeze said. We will circle that date and let the next Ole Miss coach look forward to changing his perception of what he thinks about Ole Miss football.

Hey Freeze, fixed it for you!

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #24
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

C'mon Freeze. Anyone who is not a tool can admit you're not on the level of LSU right now. He was also not being a typical coach and acting like "we ain't skeered of lsu". I absolutely love that the man doesn't give you typical weak-ass coach-talk. Even did when he was at florida.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #25
USCooper
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
USCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter3 View Post
My question is why is Spurrier whining about playing LSU? All of you love to brag about being in the best conference and playing the best competition, yet you whine about having to play one of the teams that actually make the SEC what it is.
He isnt whining taterhead. The argument isn't about usc playing lsu. If uga was playing bama instead of ole miss NOONE would have mentioned the schedule difficulties.
USCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #26
Skeeter3
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Skeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigspur33 View Post
it's not lsu that bothers everybody big boy. It's the weeek in and week out toll that the sec puts on players. the physical and mental stress is not comparable to any other conference in the country. You can't have an off day in the SEC. I'd take vandy or UK over most of the top half/middle of the line acc teams. Hell id take ole miss for that matter. we dont wine because we have one big game a year. hell we are yalls hardest game every year.
BS. Players are as big and as talented in every other conference. Bama and LSU are a notch above everyone in the country right now, including the other 10 teams in the SEC. SC was our toughest game last year but that is the first time in a while you have brought our SOS up, usually you bring it down.
Skeeter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #27
cockyfreshman2014
now a junior

Male

cockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot material

Quote:
BS. Players are as big and as talented in every other conference. Bama and LSU are a notch above everyone in the country right now, including the other 10 teams in the SEC. SC was our toughest game last year but that is the first time in a while you have brought our SOS up, usually you bring it down.
I didn't think it could get much lower after Duke, Wake, Maryland, BC, UVa, NC State, or GT.

also, I didn't really have a problem with what either Spurrier or Freeze said. What's Freeze supposed to do, say "you're right, coach. We aren't good." Someone asked him about the comment, and as a new coach he responded pretty well. "We'll see if we can't change his perception of Ole Miss football in 2013" I thought it was a pretty good quote. Don't take offense to it at all
cockyfreshman2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #28
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:

How's that new 17 year old recruiting coordinator for the taters doing?
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #29
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

This is just Spurrier being himself.....he says what he thinks and doesn't really care what anyone thinks about it. Is it a little slap in Ole Miss' face, probably, but so what. If you don't like it, do something about it. He wouldn't have said it if we only won one game last year.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #30
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Isn't Hugh Freeze one of the villains in the Superman comics?
Old 07-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #31
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

I guess Freeze is just realizing that sometimes the truth hurts.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #32
cockster10
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4357
cockster10 is learning to peckcockster10 is learning to peck

Quote:
Hey a**hole u think your precious clemscum can beat LSU.
cockster10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #33
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 9505802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
My question is why is Spurrier whining about playing LSU? All of you love to brag about being in the best conference and playing the best competition, yet you whine about having to play one of the teams that actually make the SEC what it is.
I gotta tell you, now is the PERFECT time to thank Clemson! So here goes...... may be the first, and last time I do so!
The taters won the ACC last year, got that high @$$ ranking, it REALLY has helped our strength of schedule a little bit when we beat the dog squeeze out of them! So while they say we are whining about our schedule, I am SOOOOO glad they don't have much to whine about in theirs!

So Clemson...... go out, dominate the ACC again this year! Come November, we may need a little boost to help us reach a REAL BCS game! So making it four years in a row we have put an @$$ whooping on Clemson, I want to make sure it really means something as far as the BCS is concerned!

Having said that, for me personally, being South Carolina State Champion IS STILL very significant to me!

As far as LSU is concerned, they may be the best team in the Country...... but even if we don't win, I believe LSU will know they played against one hell of a team! A few bounces our way, a little luck, tremendous heart...... we can leave the "real" death valley with a win!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #34
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

So Coach Freeze, "You think your team is just as good as LSU? Is that what you're saying? Because they play you THIS season. You going to circle that one?"
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #35
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Its not about playing LSU, its the fact that South Carolina has to play two of the best teams in the west, and georgia has a cakewalk. This schedule bull ish cost us a shot at the championship game last season.

Basically what it means is UGA has to play duke and South CArolina has to play.....I guess we'll go with Florida State its kinda hard to pick a hard team out of the ACC.
robgusc76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #36
TrueGarnet
Under NCAA Investigation

Male

CockyCash: 9975200
TrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPit

Hugh Freeze....We now know what Corky grew up to be.

Name:  19066691_BG1.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  74.9 KB
Old 07-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #37
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCock View Post
Good chance that thUGA will get that 2013 game moved back to their schedule and avoid Bama or LSU for another year or 2.

Plus, I do not think we will pick up Ole Piss in 2013 since we will only play 2 SEC-W teams (unless they revert to a 9 game SEC schedule, which Slive is against) and those 2 will be LSU (at home) and at aTm. Of course, I would not mind it if Ole Piss replaced LSU, but that is more likely for the butt sniffers.

Anyway, Freeze does not realize that it is not likely that his Ole Piss team, even if it improves (and he is unproven too), will be ranked #1 in the near future. The jab was at thUGA's schedule not Ole Piss; he better start growing some thicker skin real fast (like in about a month).
The Ole Miss fans are the most arrogant in the SEC. Bring it Mr. Freeze.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #38
shaw1969
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
shaw1969 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
This is a big boys forum kittens not allowed to talk.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #39
thebigspur33
4-Star

Male

thebigspur33 is learning to peck

common guys back me up
thebigspur33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #40
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
How many teams finished in the top 10 in the ACC? The SEC had 4, not 2.

75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote