CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
kingoftheroost
Badazcock
thekob
cockfight21
Ericvol2096
ChickenButt
gadeneer1986
Cockypantherfan
gamecockgal
10-2 (2399)
Build a New Stadium (1555)
Four UK Players Susp (1502)
Connor Shaw's fault. (888)
Cleaned up version: (874)
Nosovitch (689)
This program has no (583)
400 pasing yards (554)
Defer Or Not? (533)
Remaining schedules (457)
Funny?
What fish do you eat
Zone Read Analysis w/ 201
How ironic would it be th
Four UK Players Suspended
Thoughts on Shawn Elliott
Maty Mauk tries to take o
Name a Gamecock
QB Recruiting Strategy
Build a New Stadium

Old 11-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #61
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Joker officially fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
Serious question about Chad Morris... Is he not locked in for a while with his contract at clemson or what?

Pretty sure he has an escape clause from the buyout provision for head coaching gigs.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #62
ElTiger
Commander Cool

Male

CockyCash: 300
ElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
Serious question about Chad Morris... Is he not locked in for a while with his contract at clemson or what?
From what I heard, Chad Morris had taken a 4 year contract at Clemson so his daughter could stay at the same high school until she graduated. Sounds like his family comes first, so we will have to see when the time comes if an offer is ever given to him.

ElTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #63
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

CockyCash: 500
JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTiger View Post
From what I heard, Chad Morris had taken a 4 year contract at Clemson so his daughter could stay at the same high school until she graduated. Sounds like his family comes first, so we will have to see when the time comes if an offer is ever given to him.
With that said and the fact that his bank account is so SWOLE in his current pos, only a strong desire to be a HC would give UK fans much hope of pulling him from Clemson. It would be a huge culture change as well.
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #64
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
True but Bobby has made a living by getting kids that aren't highly sought after but fit his system. Look at those Arkansas recruiting classes. They got a little better throughout his tenure but they weren't anything to brag home about. But what they had were players that fit what he wants to do. This is the big reason, along with his scheme, that makes UK a perfect fit IMO.

And if you give him those fertile recruiting areas that UK is located in to dip into, he could turn UK into a 8-9 win program yearly.
He still would the problem we used to. The facilities arent that great, and unlike here when Spurrier was able to push for the changes, with Hymans help,t o get those facilities Ky doesn't care enough about football to make them a priority.

But you are right about Petrino's talent and style. It's too bad he is an amoral crapbag personally because he is a very talented coach.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #65
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Pretty sure he has an escape clause from the buyout provision for head coaching gigs.
Yeah...I remember when he got the big payday I was shocked they would allow him out so easily. UK probably won't be the gig, but if Kirby Smart stays put and Louisville locks down for a long term contract then there will be 3 SEC openings. Arkansas seems like a good fit for Chad Morris.
Emery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #66
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

what about Leach? He's an old KY guy. And he doesn't have a long term contract at WAZU does he?

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #67
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Yeah...I remember when he got the big payday I was shocked they would allow him out so easily. UK probably won't be the gig, but if Kirby Smart stays put and Louisville locks down for a long term contract then there will be 3 SEC openings. Arkansas seems like a good fit for Chad Morris.

You have to give a guy like that the out or else they won't sign a longer term deal and it hits you in recruiting/perceptions. If I were morris I would look for more of a big fish in a small pond situation where I can build my resume as a HC and set myself up for a bigger/good head coaching gig where I'm not looking up at Vandy. KY ain't really a bad job, Brooks was doing fine. All they want is to have a competitive product and go to bowl games so they can enjoy the tailgating/sport until hoops starts. You're not going to get canned for winning 6-8 for a long period.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #68
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Petrino if they are smart.
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #69
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
what about Leach? He's an old KY guy. And he doesn't have a long term contract at WAZU does he?

The people at Washington State are not happy with him... This is a longshot, but not totally out of question.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #70
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
Petrino if they are smart.
Yea, if Auburn doesn't get him first
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #71
Xnex
Blue Chip

Male

Xnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his comb

Smart would NEVER leave Bama to take the KY job, just my $.02. And as much as I have secretly hoped that Charlie Strong would fill Spurrier's spot when he finally stepped down, I've got a strong feeling that he's gonna be yelling out Piiiiggg sooooey in Arkansas next season. I'm certain that Chad Morris has an out built into his contract that allows him to leave to be a HC somewhere; if not he needs to fire his agent immediately. And I think Morris could go up there and get the UK team turned back in the correct direction in short order. I hope UK does not hire Petrino; I hope no SEC team hires that guy. Eventhough he is just a miserable little human being he can coach the hell out of a college football team and I don't want to see the SEC get any tougher than it already is. Brent Peace might be a good hire; Kliff Kingsbury as well.

My guess is either Morris or Kingsbury.
Xnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #72
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Saw on Twitter that UK plans on "at least talking" to Rex Ryan about the coaching job.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. I would become a Kentucky football fan. Rex Ryan needs to come to the SEC
Old 11-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #73
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cock13 View Post
Saw on Twitter that UK plans on "at least talking" to Rex Ryan about the coaching job.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. I would become a Kentucky football fan. Rex Ryan needs to come to the SEC

Sexy Rexy in Lexi?
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #74
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
Sexy Rexy in Lexi?
Rex Ryan looks like he enjoys strip clubs, so I'm sure he's been in plenty of "Lexis" before, but essentially, yes.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #75
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Well he would certainly be another large personality in the SEC...it would add another angle to foot injuries/issues in the league too
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #76
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Would he promise an SEC crown before 2013 started??
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #77
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
Well he would certainly be another large personality in the SEC...it would add another angle to foot injuries/issues in the league too
I see what you did there.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #78
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Why would Rex Ryan go from being a HC in the NFL to a HC of a college conference cellar-dweller... Are the Jets going to fire him or something?
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #79
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
The people at Washington State are not happy with him... This is a longshot, but not totally out of question.

Yeah what did he do? Blow off some big boosters? What's the deal with the Washington schools? Seems like they give a crap, but haven't been any good in a long while, especially wazzu. Is Oregon stealing all your former recruits?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #80
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cock13 View Post

That would be cool.