CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kevhugh
rolinb1
TroubleCock
cockyguitar
soccerguy79
AtlGAMECOCK
markp_vip
usc90grad
roosterdude21
323Bantam
**USC vs. Texas A&am (11748)
I hope Coach Spurrie (2466)
Spurticus has some e (1494)
Work Today Efficient (1374)
Here is the trophy f (1310)
Players reaction to (1303)
mike Davis compariso (1217)
Early dismissal for (906)
Spurticus has some e (834)
GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS (676)
**USC vs. Texas A&M G
The first Connor Mitch th
WR Depth Chart/Rotation
Post your online game str
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
*Official: "I'm home
Wilds Starting
game on Xbox live????
Black Magic - 30 Years La
Kyle Carpenter to lead Ga

Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #81
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chick Fil A..?

There's a very good chance that Clemson will be in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl, so you gotta wonder if the bowl people will want to set up a USC/Clemson bowl game.

The only way I see us going to the Chick-Fil-A is if Florida State or Miami are picked as the ACC rep.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #82
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I hope if we play a Big Ten team that it is Michigan. I work with a Michigan fan and he likes to talk ALOT. I would love to shut him up for a long time.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #83
Xnex
Blue Chip

Male

Xnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I'd have no problem going back to the CFA bowl. In fact, I hope we do.

Good location and insane TV ratings.
My thoughts EXACTLY. It's the only game on television at that time and for some reason those games almost always seem to be very exciting. I would really love to match up with FSU in the CFA again but I think FSU would have to seriously step on their dicks in order to fall far enough to land in the CFA.

However if FSU ends up rematching with Miami in the ACCCG and beats the Canes again then the CFA has the right to take Miami and I would enjoy seeing us play Miami plus if we play them and manage to beat them that can only help us with recruiting, IMO. I LOVE the idea of playing in the CFA once again.

My hopes in order of preference

BCSCG (obviously)
Sugar
CFA
Capital One Bowl
Gator
Outback
Xnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #84
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Alabama - National Title

Georgia - Sugar

Florida - Capital One

LSU - Cotton

South Carolina - Gator

Texas A&M - Outback

Mississippi State - Chick Fil-A

The rest...who cares?
georgia wont be in the sugar bowl after bama curb stomps them.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #85
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
I hope if we play a Big Ten team that it is Michigan. I work with a Michigan fan and he likes to talk ALOT. I would love to shut him up for a long time.
Amen , I have a guy that is the same way! Can't stand Michigan now! Never really had a problem with them until this guy!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #86
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
There's a very good chance that Clemson will be in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl, so you gotta wonder if the bowl people will want to set up a USC/Clemson bowl game.

The only way I see us going to the Chick-Fil-A is if Florida State or Miami are picked as the ACC rep.
If FSU wins the ACC (and they will), Clempson is a lock for the CFA as the #2 team in the ACC. That makes it highly unlikely that we end up in the CFA. I have a gut feeling that will win out and go to the Outback Bowl. The Gator if we don't get the Outback. I doubt the Cap One takes us two years in a row.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #87
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I am feeling like taking a trip to the Outback. I'm not 100% on some of the others. Feeling a need for a trip to some warm weather pretty badly this season for some reason. Stay in clearwater beach or something...sounds like a plan.
LegalCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #88
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
If FSU wins the ACC (and they will), Clempson is a lock for the CFA as the #2 team in the ACC. That makes it highly unlikely that we end up in the CFA. I have a gut feeling that will win out and go to the Outback Bowl. The Gator if we don't get the Outback. I doubt the Cap One takes us two years in a row.

Here's my prediction. We win out and FSU beats the Gators; Bama throttles UGA; allowing us to back into BCS at large.
LegalCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #89
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
Why can't the top ten teams all get bcs bowls? That ,ales the most sense.

Do away with automatci a qualifying and just put the top ten in bcs bowls. No playoffs. Everyone is happy. Done.
This is how it should be. Top 2 to the NC and then the next 8 to the Orange, Sugar, Fiesta and Rose. Conference champions and conference affiliations should not count, and if ND are not in the top 10 then they should not get any preference.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #90
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
I have a feeling Clemson and UGA will be playing each other in the CFA. Sugar takes LSU or Florida. We go to Capital One or Outback. Anyone else tired of playing Big 10 teams?

That should be interesting because I think UGA opens the season with the orange trash next season.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #91
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Here's my prediction. We win out and FSU beats the Gators; Bama throttles UGA; allowing us to back into BCS at large.

Praying!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #92
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
I like that. It would be between us and LSU. The Sugar is desperate for a sell-out according to my buddies in New Orleans. We would fill the joint I think. I just want to play a team ranked in the top 10. The worst thing about how the SEC stacks up is that we can be a top 10 team and fall out of the BCS, meaning we play a team ranked below #15. I hate that.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #93
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

The only way we end up in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl is if Florida State loses another game (allowing Clemson to win the ACC-- and then get the Orange Bowl bid)... or if Clemson wins out, and gets an at-large BCS bid.. If these 2 things do not happen.. then you can bet your sweet ass Clemson is going to end up in the CFA Bowl... Who else is the CFA going to invite from the ACC?? Miami?? LOL... they cant put 20K in their own stadium... you really think they will get the invite over Clemson (Who will bring as many people as possible to ATL)..

So, the CFA bowl has already stated in the past that they would not ever put Carolina and Clemson in a rematch for a bowl game...

With that saying.... If I had a crystal ball... this is what I expect to happen:

Alabama (12-0) beats UGA (11-1) in the SEC-CG... Florida State beats Florida, Florida now at 10-2... Texas A&M ends up 9-3, after Bama beats them this weekend...

Alabama plays for the national title...
UGA goes to the Sugar Bowl
Florida goes to the Cap-1 Bowl
LSU goes to the Cotton Bowl
Texas A&M goes to the Outback Bowl (Because the Outback Bowl is still pissy about our last attendance down there)
Miss State goes to the CFA Bowl to play Clemson
We go to the Gator Bowl...
Old 11-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #94
Bob the Builder
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Bob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his comb

Quote:
The only way we end up in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl is if Florida State loses another game (allowing Clemson to win the ACC-- and then get the Orange Bowl bid)... or if Clemson wins out, and gets an at-large BCS bid.. If these 2 things do not happen.. then you can bet your sweet ass Clemson is going to end up in the CFA Bowl... Who else is the CFA going to invite from the ACC?? Miami?? LOL... they cant put 20K in their own stadium... you really think they will get the invite over Clemson (Who will bring as many people as possible to ATL)..

So, the CFA bowl has already stated in the past that they would not ever put Carolina and Clemson in a rematch for a bowl game...

With that saying.... If I had a crystal ball... this is what I expect to happen:

Alabama (12-0) beats UGA (11-1) in the SEC-CG... Florida State beats Florida, Florida now at 10-2... Texas A&M ends up 9-3, after Bama beats them this weekend...

Alabama plays for the national title...
UGA goes to the Sugar Bowl
Florida goes to the Cap-1 Bowl
LSU goes to the Cotton Bowl
Texas A&M goes to the Outback Bowl (Because the Outback Bowl is still pissy about our last attendance down there)
Miss State goes to the CFA Bowl to play Clemson
We go to the Gator Bowl...
Assuming Alabama wins out I think that the Sugar will take Notre Dame over the SEC #2 meaning the SEC #2 will probably go to the Fiesta. Notre Dame will sell every ticket they have access to and bring the biggest TV ratings possible. If the Sugar takes the SEC #2 Notre Dame is going to the Rose Bowl.
Bob the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #95
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

If Clemson beats us there is a good chance for them to get an At large bid to the Sugar Bowl. Likely to play UF/LSu/UGA.

At that point, I could see us going to the CFA.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #96
Steady
Great to be a gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Steady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spurs

Capital One, outback, or chik fil a bowl.. Until we get into a BCS Bowl game it'll always be one of those three I guess.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #97
Bob the Builder
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Bob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his comb

Quote:
If Clemson beats us there is a good chance for them to get an At large bid to the Sugar Bowl. Likely to play UF/LSu/UGA.

At that point, I could see us going to the CFA.
If

Clemson
Alabama
Oregon
KSU
FSU
win out

I see

National Championship
Alabama (SEC Champ) vs Oregon (Pac 12 Champ)

Sugar
Notre Dame (#1 Pick) vs Clemson (#4 Pick)

Rose
Nebraska (Big 10 Champ) vs Oklahoma (#2 Pick)

Fiesta
Kansas State (Big 12 Champ) vs Louisiana State (#3 Pick)

Orange
Florida State (ACC Champ) vs Louisville (Big East Champ/#5 Pick)

Things to consider
no ND vs OU rematch
no OU vs KSU rematch
Rose Bowl if they want to keep the Pac 12 vs Big 10 matchup
Bob the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #98
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnex View Post
My hopes in order of preference

BCSCG (obviously)
Sugar
CFA
Capital One Bowl
Gator
Outback

That has always been my preferred bowl order. Some people think the CFA is "lower level", but anyone that has been to the CFA bowl knows it is top notch.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #99
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

My preference would be
BCS title game
sugar
Cotton

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #100
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
I like that. It would be between us and LSU. The Sugar is desperate for a sell-out according to my buddies in New Orleans. We would fill the joint I think. I just want to play a team ranked in the top 10. The worst thing about how the SEC stacks up is that we can be a top 10 team and fall out of the BCS, meaning we play a team ranked below #15. I hate that.

If it is between us and LSU, then the eceonomic argument makes sense. For LSU it would be just another game at the Dome and there would be no boost to restaurants and hotels etc. If we go it would bring in more money.